A Short Stay In Udon

Maejo Man

I have to make a trip to Udon next week, and am looking for a reasonable "middle of the road hotel" at around a 1000 baht a night. Do any of you local residents have any suggestions? Also any good eateries in town. Thanks Maejo

Edited by Maejo Man

I have to make a trip to Udon next week, and am looking for a reasonable "middle of the road hotel" at around a 1000 baht a night. Do any of you local residents have any suggestions? Also any good eateries in town. Thanks Maejo

I was in Udon several days ago for a meeting. In the process of trying to find the hotel where the meeting was to be held (and where I had planned to stay), I "stumbled" across a newly opened Irish Pub by the name of The Irish Clock. So needing some directions I went in and there it was...Guinness Beer on tap. :o Had a "few" and got directions to the hotel. While having the "few" I learned that the Pub had some new rooms upstairs that could be rented on a daily basis at 850 Baht. I took a look and the rooms were beautifully decorated, very spacious, large TV, air con....in short as good as any 5 star hotel (in my estimation). Anyway, booked a room and stayed the night. Nice place. :D

They have a website Irish Pub

I was in Udon several days ago for a meeting. In the process of trying to find the hotel where the meeting was to be held (and where I had planned to stay), I "stumbled" across a newly opened Irish Pub by the name of The Irish Clock. So needing some directions I went in and there it was...Guinness Beer on tap. :o Had a "few" and got directions to the hotel. While having the "few" I learned that the Pub had some new rooms upstairs that could be rented on a daily basis at 850 Baht. I took a look and the rooms were beautifully decorated, very spacious, large TV, air con....in short as good as any 5 star hotel (in my estimation). Anyway, booked a room and stayed the night. Nice place. :D

They have a website Irish Pub

Looks like a great place. I have to go to Udon for a few days in March and I think I will make my way over there.