Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

when i get time i will install that phone app that keeps track of fuel consumption to see if my thoughts are correct

I use a simple notepad in my phone

Made a Wave list & a Ninja list

Each time I fuel up I put the same amount/baht in

so all I do is write in the mileage at each fill

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My CBR250 has had no fit and finish issues - no fairing buzz. Checked all bolts on delivery, all good. There is some vibration at speeds, but that's normal for a single (and much less than my other singles, a long-ago Ducati 350, and more recently a KLR650). My only complaint about the 250 is the riding position - too sporty for me on long trips. I want a little more upright, but can't figure out an easy way to do this. I don't know where to get raised clip-ons, and if I did they would foul the screen, and probably require some major cable mods.

BTW - any news on expected release of the 500X? Mr Biggie in CM said "sometime March or April".

So this new Honda is only running well with special fuel and its forbiden to use pure benzine. Some bikes have problems with plastics, misaligned petrol tank caps and are making weird sounds. And all this in the first few weeks. And of course the next service center is far far away for most peoples/customers in Thailand. This all sounds not good. Sounds like Honda BW is running a very cheap business. Someone already mentioned that maybe the Honda boss is a chinese and that Honda is using the customers in Thailand as paying test riders to sort out problems before selling the bike on the world market. Unbelievable!

Just kidding. Have fun. And not worry too much about tank caps, sounds and what others say biggrin.png

It is not the bike creating problems wantan. It is the people. I think you generalize things too much. I have an opposite experience on what you wrote.

Service is close to me. No strange noises from engine. No problem with the fairings. My petrol cap is fine. And i am having a nice time.

Regarding being a test rider, i can happily do that:D

OK, i exaggerated. the problems aren't that big. As i said, i was just kidding. But why do you need a fork stabilizer to kill the shatter chatter? Hope its still safe to ride without?

wink.png

Wantan heard the chatter two times on 1200 km. It is not dangerous but i prefer not to hear it so i m thinking to remove the fork stabilizer from my cbr250 and install it to cbr500 as i think it will fit as it is adjustable.

I am just over precatious!

Edited by loserlazer

Chatter on a 500cc, I thought that was something only superbikes got when your pushing them extremely hard through the bends.

More likely some decent rubber would cure it.

Same here

You might get some head shake on a more powerful/aggressive geometry/short wheelbase bike. since the front end

is often light or coming off the ground during hard accelerations out of corners or even rough roads.

Steering Dampener if that is what he is referring to? should not be needed.

No mania, i am not talking about steering damper.

Just check the photos people as it is easier to understand.

I have the bikers stabilizer on my cbr250 as in the first and second photos. I think paid around 1500 thb - 2000 thb for it, if i remember correctly.

It kills the chatter instantly and makes the bike sure footed regarding the front end. Even if you do not have chatter, it is beneficial for your bike in regards of braking and handling.

And mania, Bikers have for ninja 250 too!

Recommended.

post-114750-0-72361700-1359093266_thumb.

post-114750-0-18625300-1359093273_thumb.

post-114750-0-34488600-1359093284_thumb.

post-114750-0-08471000-1359093580_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

No mania, i am not talking about steering damper.

Ah...Fork Brace we use to call those

They use to be upside down U shaped & mainly used on MX bikes

So far I have not detected any need for one on the N250

Thanks for the info/pics though

Edited by mania

From the BW facebook page about the delay for the CB?

Facebook text:

เรียนลูกค้าบิ๊กวิงทุกท่าน

. . . ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงขอขอบคุณทุกท่านที่ให้ความสนใจในผลิ ตภัณฑ์ของทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิง

. . . ทั้งนี้ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงมิได้นิ่งนอนใจในการตอบคำถาม ของทุกท่านที่สอบถามมา ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงได้มีการประสานงานกับส่วนต่างๆที่เก ี่ยวข้อง เพื่อจะเช็ควันเวลาที่แน่นอนที่จะส่งมอบรถให้กับลูกค ้าที่จองไว้ทุกท่าน

. . . และทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงขออนุญาติชี้แจงเกี่ยวกับความล่า ช้าในการส่งมอบให้กับลูกค้า จนทำให้เกิดกระแสในเรื่องของการ QC ซึ่งในความเป็นจริงมิใช่เช่นนั้น ในความเป็นจริงที่ความช้าในการส่งมอบรถนั้นเกิดจากกา รที่ทีมตรวจสอบมาตรฐานนั้นมีขั้นตอนตรวจสอบรถที่ละเอ ียด เนื่องจากเป็นรถบิ๊กไบค์ที่ส่งออกไปขายทั่วโลกทั้งนี ้เพื่อให้ได้รถที่ดีที่สุดและมีคุณภาพที่ทำให้ลูกค้า ทุกท่าน เมื่อได้ใช้จะสร้างความพึงพอใจสูงสุด

. . . ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงต้องขออภัยมา ณ ที่นี้ครับ และทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจะรีบติดตามข่าวสารต่างๆ เพื่อชี้แจงให้ทุกท่านได้ทราบเป็นระยะๆ และเมื่อรถพร้อมที่จะส่งมอบ ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจะรีบชี้แจงทันที่

Google translation:

Honda Big Wing ... Thank you for your interest in our products, Honda Big Wing.

Way ... The Honda Big Wing is not at ease in answer to all your queries. Honda Big Wing has been coordinated with the relevant sections. To check the exact date and time to deliver the car to the customer at all.

And ... Honda Big Wing permission to explain about the delay in the delivery to the customer. Cause the flow of the QC, which in fact is not so. In fact, the delay in the delivery of the car that caused the team to determine the standard procedure detailed car. Since it is a big bike, car sales are exported to all over the world in order to get the best quality cars for the customers. When the user is satisfied with.

Honda Big Wing ... apologize for any inconvenience that this and the Honda Big Wing will immediately follow the news. To clarify for all you know, from time to time. And when the car is ready to deliver. Honda Big Wing to catch a quick clarification

Edited by cbrer

From the post that BW posted it seems that Thailand will the the sole provider for Honda with the 500 series. It's hard to believe considering the 500 will be sold in the US and in Europe.

Considering the CBF they should have never promised delivery for all that preordered.

Now I'm just thinking they better have my CBR by then end of April even they've promised it ill be reconsidering what my next bike will be purchasing.

Is it your first time riding ABS?

Perhaps the sensation's being misinterpreted.

I know the scaping feeling of abs systems.

But no, it was a chatter for sure.

I've never noticed the chatter on my '08 N250 either. Could you describe it? Is it the forks compressing unequally or rebounding at different rates? Does it make the front wheel actually deflect and shake the handlebars a bit?

I'm just a little at a loss to understand it; would have thought with modern metallurgy and the solid front axle there would be little chance of that happening; I suppose underspecced fork springs/axle for the weight/style of riding could account for it if I am understanding what you are saying though.

Is it your first time riding ABS?

Perhaps the sensation's being misinterpreted.

I know the scaping feeling of abs systems.

But no, it was a chatter for sure.

I've never noticed the chatter on my '08 N250 either. Could you describe it? Is it the forks compressing unequally or rebounding at different rates? Does it make the front wheel actually deflect and shake the handlebars a bit?

I'm just a little at a loss to understand it; would have thought with modern metallurgy and the solid front axle there would be little chance of that happening; I suppose underspecced fork springs/axle for the weight/style of riding could account for it if I am understanding what you are saying though.

Dave i do not own a ninja250 so i m not sure about any chatter on it.

On my cbr500, i heard it two times after very hard breaking. It is a chattering sound you can hear and feel it at handlebars.

It was on my cbr250 too.

I done a quick google about it earlier couldn't be bothered to read it all but it is something to do with the forks oscillating and then causing the tyres to sort of bounce/wiggle a little ,not sure weather you can hear chatter maybe you have another problem ll.

Chatter occurs once a motorbike is pushed hard at severe lean angles.

In such circumstances the suspension isn't able to operate, thus any small undulations, bumps or borderline grip causes the bike's tyres to bounce over any imperfections in the road. Given that the bike is at a severe angle, once the bike's tyres 'bounce' for that brief moment they lose contact with the road surface the cornering forces involved will cause the bike to skitter across the road surface.

Bouncing + skittering = Chatter.

A fork brace will only make 'chatter' worse as you're effectively stiffening the forks and reducing any flex the bike inherently has.

A MotoGP bike's chassis is designed to flex enormously to compensate for the lack of suspension travel at huge lean angles.

I'm sure what you're experiencing is a lack of traction from the front end and it's sliding to some degree on these shiny Thai roads. Your stock tyres would never allow you to get an angle where the suspension is totally ineffective, even if they did the slightest bump would cause your relatively hard and cold tyre to let go rather than 'chatter'

Perhaps try and loosen up, any fighting the bikes natural ability to search for its own traction will only exaggerate the situation you're experiencing.

If you're getting 'chatter' i'm seriously concerned about the lean angles you're achieving on Thai roads.... Not having a dig at you but just take it easy :)

Edited by karlos

From the very first pictures of this bike the first thing you notice is the chopstick looking forks ,perhaps if your riding it hard you need to upgrade the forks ,I saw a picture of the CBx with better looking forks on it ,the bike as it is certainly ain't no rr version.

As think Thai cbr said it could just be your not used to a bike with abs,i take it the is the first bike you had with abs

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

In regards to the video, I have seen this. In regards to giving a bike for a spin to someone its got to be someone you trust. Not just some random guy from a coffee shop. Really would you?

Went to the bike shop in town today got chain oiled the guy checked the tightness at first wanted to adjust but then decided not to after both of us pressed bike down to see how will it fair on the bumps. THen the guy just drove off on my bike without saying anything for 10 mins, which got me quite pissed off. Ok he didnt charge anything for the job but still.

In regards to getting experience on a bike maintenance, Iam working on that, I watch videos, ask around read books. All of us have to learn something new in the life at some point. Without any proper tools though it is hard, I know how to adjust chain but the tools supplied with bike though they fit, its impossible to undo bolts with such a short handle. As I mentioned before right now Iam totally out of cash after buying a bike, thus the reason I cannot go to chiang mai BW. Before anyone notes I should have budgeted better, I have a 6 months old baby so things tend to happen with kids you dont expect to, like stays in the hospitals.

Already made a list of things to check for them (not sure how 1 person barely speaks English there). I try not to be paranoid but after spending cash on this you expect things to be smooth in the first couple of months. But everyday some new stuff happens, some new sound comes out. And mind you Iam not talking about shabby build quality of the bike, plastic panels under windshield that joint together just split on every single bump, a petrol tank cap that does not seems to fit the tank properly, side plastic panels under the bike that I have to push together after a ride cuz that 1 bolt doesnt seem to hold them in place no matter how tight I tighten it up and of course right panel bolt that seems to have to grip at all and turns indefinitely.

Will put some pics over tomorrow after work. But dont worry I will make sure they do a good job on it next week.

sounds like you might have been better off renting, next time perhaps a ducati might be more to your liking.

Here is the latest announcement from Big Wing.

ฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิง ขอเรียนแจ้งลูกค้าที่สนใจในการทดสอบรถ CBR500R ทุกท่าน เนื่องจากตั้งแต่วันที่ 28 มกราคม – วันที่ 3 กุมภาพันธ์ ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจะมีการส่งมอบรถ CBR500R และ CB500F ให้กับลูกค้า ทางทีมงานจึงต้องเตรียมความพร้อมในการส่งมอบรถในช่วงเวลาดังกล่าว ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจึงของดการทดสอบรถไว้ชั่วคราวโดยจะเริ่มทดสอบรถได้อีกครั้งตั้งแต่วันที่ 4 กุมภาพันธ์ 2556 เป็นต้นไป

Honda big wing. We study says customers who are interested in testing the car because all CBR500R from January 28 – February 3, Honda big wing will have to deliver the car CBR500R and CB500F, the team then prepared ready to deliver the car in time. The Honda big wing-we are testing the car temporarily by will begin testing the car again since February 4, 2013, etc. (Translated by Bing)

Ehhh? 'The Honda big wing-we are testing the car temporarily by will begin testing the car again since February 4, 2013,'

Does this mean the bike hasn't fully completed it's 'testing'?? I'm sure it has, highly unlikely for Honda to release a bike that hasn't got the seal of approval...

Ehhh? 'The Honda big wing-we are testing the car temporarily by will begin testing the car again since February 4, 2013,'

Does this mean the bike hasn't fully completed it's 'testing'?? I'm sure it has, highly unlikely for Honda to release a bike that hasn't got the seal of approval...

I think it means they won't have any bikes available for test rides during this period, because they will be busy with customers picking up there new bikes.

• Like 2

I think it means they won't have any bikes available for test rides during this period, because they will be busy with customers picking up there new bikes.

My limited Thai reading agrees with you.

I believe They are talking about test rides being suspended for now & resume on Feb 4th

They said "to inform customer who interested in testing CBR500R"

Because from Jan 28th till Feb 3rd they will be busy with transfers of CBR & CB-F

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

......their new bikes.

Here is the latest announcement from Big Wing.

ฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิง ขอเรียนแจ้งลูกค้าที่สนใจในการทดสอบรถ CBR500R ทุกท่าน เนื่องจากตั้งแต่วันที่ 28 มกราคม – วันที่ 3 กุมภาพันธ์ ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจะมีการส่งมอบรถ CBR500R และ CB500F ให้กับลูกค้า ทางทีมงานจึงต้องเตรียมความพร้อมในการส่งมอบรถในช่วงเวลาดังกล่าว ทางฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจึงของดการทดสอบรถไว้ชั่วคราวโดยจะเริ่มทดสอบรถได้อีกครั้งตั้งแต่วันที่ 4 กุมภาพันธ์ 2556 เป็นต้นไป

Honda big wing. We study says customers who are interested in testing the car because all CBR500R from January 28 – February 3, Honda big wing will have to deliver the car CBR500R and CB500F, the team then prepared ready to deliver the car in time. The Honda big wing-we are testing the car temporarily by will begin testing the car again since February 4, 2013, etc. (Translated by Bing)

Gotta ask Brian...why did you bail out of the CB500F?