Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

I did a home made mod today! Removed the pillion hand grip at the rear and placed white plastics to cover the wholes after. This is just temporarly as I want to install the race seat that totally removes the pillion seat and replaces with a nice rounded white plastics. But in the meantime this is what I got Posted Image I think it looks so much better without the hand grips at the rear. Looks like a scooter setup with those on. Let me know what you guys think!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Personally I think the handgrips look quite nice on the 500. They look like mean devil horns.

Haha! Come on! :) no real sport bike has no rear grip! For a true spots look those has to go

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go to tarad Poon Sup in Pathum Thani, those guys can make you any sticker you want and it is very cheap.

Tarad market? Poon sup is the name of market?

Google maps coordinates of tarad Poon Sup 14.005053,100.55872

Make sure to bring someone with you who speaks Thai, because nobody there speaks English.

Thanks for the gps location! :) .when you say they can do any sticker I want I suppose I can just give them a photo file of the sticker and they got printer to just print them out on the go then?

Yeah to live in thailand you should learn the language! I speak fluent thai but yet not native.

I never cared of learning to read though! For those kind of things I got my thai gf to help ;)

I did a home made mod today! Removed the pillion hand grip at the rear and placed white plastics to cover the wholes after. This is just temporarly as I want to install the race seat that totally removes the pillion seat and replaces with a nice rounded white plastics. But in the meantime this is what I got smile.png I think it looks so much better without the hand grips at the rear. Looks like a scooter setup with those on. Let me know what you guys think!

Personally I think the handgrips look quite nice on the 500. They look like mean devil horns.

Bramds i think the same about the handgrips on cbr500r. They look cool and devilish yes! They look nice together with the sharp rear end. I liked the ones on cbr250 more though, they look more devilish.

But they have to go on the track.

Edited by loserlazer

LL Your saying you felt like you had a ignition cut off at a certain speed

but you were not near redline?

Did it just feel like a major bog?

Maybe it is a fuel feed related deal & not ignition per se'

Yes mania. I was not near redline - but close - and it cut.

I thought about a fuelling problem but i redline every gear so why it needs to wait until 189 kmh at 6th gear magically?

Still cbr500r is smooth and very stable at 189 kmh. Not even a shake and wants to go faster as still there is more room up there. Cool bike.

I took my friends CBR500 out for a spin Friday night.

Very smooth linear power delivery, certainly a great bike for those new to

bikes or as an introduction to bigger bike

As for its top speed, i managed to reach 185km/h (took quite some time to get

there) it felt more like the bike ran out of power rather than a limiter of any

kind, there's substantial wind resistance at such speeds and i don't think the

bike will be able to pull much more than the 189km/h you already hit (Stock

bike on a level surface)

Karl :)

• Like 2

*No idea why my reply is inside LL's quote box'...

I took my friends CBR500 out for a spin Friday night.
Very smooth linear power delivery, certainly a great bike for those new to
bikes or as an introduction to bigger bikes.
As for its top speed, i managed to reach 185km/h (took quite some time to get
there) it felt more like the bike ran out of power rather than a limiter of any
kind, there's substantial wind resistance at such speeds and i don't think the
bike will be able to pull much more than the 189km/h you already hit (Stockbike on a level surface)

Karl

• Like 2

LL I really think that is the bikes capability....Here is a theoretical calculator for you to play with....

Now my friends er6 maxed out at 220 in top gear without hitting redline and he has quite a few mods....pipe, sprockets etc!!!

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

I always liked that site

It is cool to look at the various gearing configurations & their effects all else being equal

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

LL I really think that is the bikes capability....Here is a theoretical calculator for you to play with....

Now my friends er6 maxed out at 220 in top gear without hitting redline and he has quite a few mods....pipe, sprockets etc!!!

I always liked that site

It is cool to look at the various gearing configurations & their effects all else being equal

Nice site mania! But at the moment they don't have the charts for our cbr500R bike.

I always liked that site

Nice site mania! But at the moment they don't have the charts for our cbr500R bike.

Load the Honda CBR250 & then I guess you need your primary ratio which I guess you have it in your manuals?

Then

Just load your sprocket sizes ( also not online for Honda??? )& rpm range & change tire sizes all in the custom or current section

Then save as your personal profile & it will save as a cookie on your computer

Edited by mania

I always liked that site

Load the Honda CBR250 & then I guess you need your primary ratio which I guess you have it in your manuals?

Then

Just load your sprocket sizes ( also not online for Honda??? )& rpm range & change tire sizes all in the custom or current section

Then save as your personal profile & it will save as a cookie on your computer

Does it works that way? What about the difference in hp and torque?

When your looking at gearing you are looking at distance traveled in what is called gear inches

That is arrived at by gear inches & wheel diameter

The distance is termed by a revolution so rpm is what is needed to be known not hp or torque

010c29021cff3e6d72bfd3eeb3e194c0.png

PS: Very good help section on that site

Go click help > Help on using GC > Enter Manually

Or click resulting speed etc for explanations

Or Gearing Basics etc.

PSS: Remember this kind of thing os all theoretical too

meaning you will have wind / drag etc which will make each persons situation different

But it is a good guideline to see " Theoretical" speeds etc.

Edited by mania

When your looking at gearing you are looking at distance traveled in what is called gear inches

That is arrived at by gear inches & wheel diameter

The distance is termed by a revolution so rpm is what is needed to be known not hp or torque

Posted Image

PS: Very good help section on that site

Go click help > Help on using GC > Enter Manually

Or click resulting speed etc for explanations

Or Gearing Basics etc.

PSS: Remember this kind of thing os all theoretical too

meaning you will have wind / drag etc which will make each persons situation different

But it is a good guideline to see " Theoretical" speeds etc.

Are you sure about this? ? If you only needed to input rpm wich is revs per minute no matter what engine displacement you where on then any bike at those rpm could achieve those speeds using just those same gear ratios and sprockets and wheel size!

I surely believe weight mass length of bike and hp and torque will all Come together for an proper analysis together with rpm.

I am thinking a cbr 150 with even higher rpm than our 500R s would with this diagram run faster...

If only rpm matters right?

But then my question is will the bike maintain those rpm when the speed is increased?

So therefore I was thinking that maybe this charts are not correct. .. are you following me?

Very interesting subject though mania :)

Are you sure about this?

Yes I think I am wink.png

Imagine you have a wheel say it is what ever diameter....17" for instance

From a starting line/point ...Imagine it makes one revolution...it has traveled x amount of inches

Imagine X amount of those revolutions per minute it has traveled x amount of inches per minute/ per hour etc.

That is the beginning basics now you need to visualize all the ratios of various gear configurations wink.png

Your idea about a higher revving 150 vs a 500 only makes sense if they both are turning the same gear ratios.....They are not

The charts are correct...Or will be if you input the proper info of what your running.

It is math plain & simple wink.png.....well ok maybe not simple at times lol

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I did a home made mod today! Removed the pillion hand grip at the rear and placed white plastics to cover the wholes after. This is just temporarly as I want to install the race seat that totally removes the pillion seat and replaces with a nice rounded white plastics. But in the meantime this is what I got smile.png I think it looks so much better without the hand grips at the rear. Looks like a scooter setup with those on. Let me know what you guys think!

why not spray the plastic insets white?

I just looked the photos I uploaded and maybe I should just but a can of white spray and spray those plastics parts. I think I might do that.

hah, i should have read further

• Like 1

Anyone looks at this

http://www.cbr500.net/cbr/500/ecu/cbr-500-ecu.html

Also Mania I was looking at things to make bike look better, nice indicators, sliders, clutch and brake handles, maybe change the rear a bit where the number place, something smaller.

No way would i buy that until its tried and proven to do something. Imagine a company programing ecus that have the worst website going...

Back to the shim question. Just had the 1000 km service. Cost over 2000 baht, including 800 baht for shims. As the shims themselves cost FA, them this is labour cost of 800 baht for about one or two hours work at most. A bit steep. And they replaced 5 shims, so it looks like the check was necessary.

And I don't get why the synthetic oil they suggest is so expensive, nor why it is used so early in life of the engine. I thought synthetics are best used after engine is well bedded in - say 5000 km +??

Back to the shim question. Just had the 1000 km service. Cost over 2000 baht, including 800 baht for shims. As the shims themselves cost FA, them this is labour cost of 800 baht for about one or two hours work at most. A bit steep. And they replaced 5 shims, so it looks like the check was necessary.

And I don't get why the synthetic oil they suggest is so expensive, nor why it is used so early in life of the engine. I thought synthetics are best used after engine is well bedded in - say 5000 km +??

My 1000 km service cost 1923 baht.

The labour cost is for 3 hours of labour, not only for replacing the shims, but the other things they do too.

300 baht per hour ain't that much. Do you want to work for 300 baht per hour? Didn't think so.

I went to Pirelli the other day and I had to pay a service charge of 600 baht for a 20 minute job.

If you want quality and western standards, you will pay for it.

But I don't mind paying it here, as back home it will cost more than double.

Back to the shim question. Just had the 1000 km service. Cost over 2000 baht, including 800 baht for shims. As the shims themselves cost FA, them this is labour cost of 800 baht for about one or two hours work at most. A bit steep. And they replaced 5 shims, so it looks like the check was necessary. And I don't get why the synthetic oil they suggest is so expensive, nor why it is used so early in life of the engine. I thought synthetics are best used after engine is well bedded in - say 5000 km +??

They have a oil mafia here same as the cheese mafia. Oil is crazy priced here. You dont have to use synthetic do you?

yeah, sometime they are funny in Bigwing Bangkok.

'That oil is expensive', 'why changing oil and filter every 3000 km?' etc. I heard these from them many times and last, i said to them in a serious way like " Hey, this is my money" and after that they said " OK, up to the customer":)

The labour cost is for 3 hours of labour, not only for replacing the shims, but the other things they do too.

300 baht per hour ain't that much. Do you want to work for 300 baht per hour? Didn't think so.

Read my post a bit more carefully - the charge ONLY for shims was 800 baht. For about one hours work. And no, before you ask, I don't work for 800 baht an hour either. But neither do mechanics in Thailand - they are lucky to get 150 an hour, so the price is mostly unearned profit for the dealer. Compare this approach to the service charges for my CBR250 at a non-BigWing Honda dealer - I pay only for oil and parts - labour costs for service charges were built into the profit margin. I think that the BigWings are being a bit Greedy. And I have been told by Japanese friends that the Thai made CB500 in Japan costs ONLY for oil and parts, no extra labour charges for first service, including shim adjustment.

• Like 1

I'd say because the Bangkok lot are crooks and only intereseted in fleecing you.

Udon Big Wing offered me 2 choices; Semi-synthetic (recommended by them and cheaper) or fully-synthetic.

I will use the semi for the next year after the 1000k service and then change to fully after then.

I went to Pirelli the other day and I had to pay a service charge of 600 baht for a 20 minute job.

I would be more then happy to take a job for $10 per hour no taxs especially here in thailand...thats almost 50% more then USA minimum wage....Mosr falang school teachers with a degree dont make that here...

I went to showpow (pirelli) and no service and free drinks and free internet

Edited by yankee99

Read my post a bit more carefully - the charge ONLY for shims was 800 baht. For about one hours work. And no, before you ask, I don't work for 800 baht an hour either. But neither do mechanics in Thailand - they are lucky to get 150 an hour, so the price is mostly unearned profit for the dealer. Compare this approach to the service charges for my CBR250 at a non-BigWing Honda dealer - I pay only for oil and parts - labour costs for service charges were built into the profit margin. I think that the BigWings are being a bit Greedy. And I have been told by Japanese friends that the Thai made CB500 in Japan costs ONLY for oil and parts, no extra labour charges for first service, including shim adjustment.

Strange. Honda charges labor for 1000 km service of 500 series all over the world.

I do not think so you can survive in japan without labor cost. You are talking about one of the most expensive countries in this world!

Just sat on a CBR 500 and i must say...i like !

Feels incredibly nimble for a 500, almost more so than the 250.

Will be buying one when the secondhand market starts to trickle down.

Mine will be for sale very soon but you have to like Red :) - will be posting a sales add in a week or so here on Thai Visa.

Mine will be for sale very soon but you have to like Red smile.png - will be posting a sales add in a week or so here on Thai Visa.

Reds my color !

but

im waiting for a larger price drop next year.

Your going to be able to sell that CBR 500 of yours in a blink of an eye.

Pirelli! Tell us ur setup and please also some feedback about your tires! :)