Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a "real top speed"? Doesn't top speed depend on a lot of things, even on the same, totally stock bike? Size and weight of the rider. Clothes he is wearing. Fully tucked in or "normal" riding position Tire pressure. Wind of course. And maybe even the weather, humid or dry, air pressure maybe. I don't know, it doesn't interest me very much. But most top speeds i hear from the owners are very "optimistic" imo. I only believe what i read on my real GPS, a Garmin 60CSx, not a dubious smartphone app smile.png

'Real top speed' is a verifiable speed...not based on the speedo. Hence my talking about my GPS speeds. Apologies if I was not implicit about that.

Dave, I think there have been quite a few comments about the er6n by various members, even owners along the lines of "I wouldn't even look at this bike in the West but I have one here because it's a cheap and logical choice". I'm not sure if it's the same people that are disappointed with this bike or not - I won't try to find them as it's a moot point in any case.

Not sure why you're so defensive about this bike, I know you love Honda and all that but it seems that a few comments from disappointed bike enthusiasts has really riled you. Chill out dude, it's just the interweb and this is what forums are for, you can't expect the thread to be a massive love fest for your insatiable appetite of all things Honda smile.png. Most comments have been pretty positive, mine included - but you have to accept some negative comments as well that's life I'm afraid.

As for raising revenue without 'luxury tax' on things like big bikes, of course I don't expect people to pay more for essentials to fund my toys - that is a straw man argument as you well know. Eliminating 1% of the corruption would raise far more funds than luxury tax on the few thousand big bikes sold per year.

SumetCycle - good to hear that the reviews have been mainly positive from the first batch of test rides. Won't be long now until we get some reviews from the forum members...

A claim that one assumes there's evidences, with an immediate follow up of a denial that failure to provide evidence of certain posters' balance does not equate negation of the assertion those posters have demonstrated the exact thing you desire to accuse me of; namely fanboism with a provicility towards trolling the other manufacturer's thread. And regarding 'chilling out dude', I'm a pretty mellow dude and accept negative comments. To post that one has to accept those negative comments while telling them they shouldn't respond to them seems a bit like stating one set of opinions is allowed to flourish and the rest are invalid.

And to cut off the nonsense about my posting habits, I've posted both the negatives and positives about every bike in any thread I've been in. And those points were mostly empirical data. I have not reiterated points to drive up my post tallies nor have I spammed threads for bikes that I obviously dislike...unlike certain posters who have become failry notrious for doing the same thing.

Corruption is a huge issue and something I mentioned in passing; but to assume that those 'luxury taxes' apply to your 'toy' of choice is breath-takingly self-centered and definitely reinforces my point.

Again you can look at bore & stroke & see why

Didn't realize that from a tech point of view, but from a 'seat of the pants' perspective my Ninja 250 sounds great with the Area P full system on it between 8k and 11k rpm. Not as good as the Gixxer but not that far off. In contrast the er6 always sounded a bit rough to me no matter what the exhaust, not that bad but not great either, one of the reasons I didn't upgrade the 250 in 2010-2011 when the er6 was released. The CBR250 always sounded totally lame to me even with aftermarket exhausts, kind of like those Scooters the Thai kids ride with a stupid rainbow coloured exhaust.

I thought the CBR500 sounded ok in that video given it was a stock exhaust (I assume). I'm guessing you could get a decent sound out of that with a decent aftermarket pipe.

FWIW, the sound carachteristic of an mutli-cylinder engine is determined by its firing order. Both the CB*500 and the ER-6 have 180 degree engines from what I've been able to glean.

The biggest load of pretentious nonsense I've heard in quite a while clap2.gif. All that effort with the thesaurus and not a spell check in sight laugh.png.

Interesting point about the firing order cbrer, I've always found the sound of the little Ninja to be a bit smoother than that of the er6 and that could well be the reason if accurate.

The biggest load of pretentious nonsense I've heard in quite a while clap2.gif. All that effort with the thesaurus and not a spell check in sight laugh.png.

Interesting point about the firing order cbrer, I've always found the sound of the little Ninja to be a bit smoother than that of the er6 and that could well be the reason if accurate.

And now my dirty little secret is out...I can't spell. Thank goodness usually I am in Chrome, but last night happened to have booted up the Win7 partition and was stuck on IE...apologies. Also I try to use little words for people who can not understand big words, ok? Sorry, but I was in toilet, which was a very good place to read your post and was tired so I was not about to do anything only send off that quick reply.

But thank you for stay same-same...can not defend your claims so you again go off in different way than thread.

Apologies for the dumb-ing down of this posts to all those boardmembers who are articulate enough to understand English past an apparent primary education.

FWIW, the sound carachteristic of an mutli-cylinder engine is determined by its firing order. Both the CB*500 and the ER-6 have 180 degree engines from what I've been able to glean.

Interesting you say that. I was reading up a bit on it earlier. You'll have to pardon my lack of proper lingo but it seems the CB*500 and Er-6's P-Twins both fire at the same time, both pistons go up and down in unison,so give a thumper like sound, where the N250 doesn't, its pistons fire in turns so one goes down as one goes up, giving a more even, less thumper like sound.

A 360 degree parallel twin's pistons rise and fall together but only one piston fires per cycle, the non firing piston having a wasted spark. Piston 1 fires, and 360 degrees after that piston 2 fires. If you listen to say a 360 degree Triumph p-twin you notice the sound is that of a twin rather than a single.

And now my dirty little secret is out...I can't spell. Thank goodness usually I am in Chrome, but last night happened to have booted up the Win7 partition and was stuck on IE...apologies. Also I try to use little words for people who can not understand big words, ok? Sorry, but I was in toilet, which was a very good place to read your post and was tired so I was not about to do anything only send off that quick reply.

But thank you for stay same-same...can not defend your claims so you again go off in different way than thread.

Apologies for the dumb-ing down of this posts to all those boardmembers who are articulate enough to understand English past an apparent primary education.

No need to get all defensive again Dave, I just found it amusing and somewhat ironic that someone who was obviously trying to sound incredibly intelligent could simultaneously make such basic spelling mistakes. Normally I would let it pass seeing as this isn't an English class, but if you're going to criticize the comprehension and education of other board members and dumb down "this" (these) posts, then you might want to write correctly while doing so.

Can we get back to discussing the bike now?

The sound of a dry clutch isn't for everyone.

Iam not talking about the dry clutch.... ever listened to the nice roaring and bubbling of the v-twin?

IMO still not for everyone. But the Ducati's with a dry clutch and and aftermarket pressure clutch cover do sound pretty nice.

Just heard a few sounds on YouTube but never ridden or heard one in person. If you want a real aggressive sound you just can't beat an inline four.

Iam not talking about the dry clutch.... ever listened to the nice roaring and bubbling of the v-twin?

IMO still not for everyone. But the Ducati's with a dry clutch and and aftermarket pressure clutch cover do sound pretty nice.

Just heard a few sounds on YouTube but never ridden or heard one in person. If you want a real aggressive sound you just can't beat an inline four.

In the end its a question of taste.... i still prefer a v-twin sound than a inline four. If you want to hear it in real stop by me.

if you worry about sound go and get a ducati.....

^ I've never heard of an engine where both pistons go up and down at the same time. How would the crank shaft rotate?

By the firing piston being forced back down the bore by the expanding ignited gases, just like any other engine :) The Kawasaki W800 uses a 360 degree crank as well.

In the end its a question of taste.... i still prefer a v-twin sound than a inline four. If you want to hear it in real stop by me.

I love any good sounding & performing Bike.

Ducati as you said has the most beautiful exhaust sound/tone of any V twin I have ever heard

Just beautiful really. Hard to believe it is a V twin the way it runs.

Their bore & stroke final number has always been crazy high like the Panigale at 1.84

Also their power to weight ratios are incredible.

The Panigale was actually about the strongest street legal liter+ bike of 2012

when looking at HP/weight

http://caberz.wordpr...bikes-for-2012/

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Oh, and the CB400s that are floating around the kingdom are usually in such poor shape they're barely better than the current 250s. There are of course exceptions to that generalisation, but it's mostly true.

I am pleased you noted "exceptions" - my CB1 400 is probably nearly as good as it was 23 years ago on release. I also have a CBR250, and it is not in the same league - a lovely practical little bike, but none of the urge or handling capability of the mighty little CB1. And the CB1, despite its age, is more powerful and faster than the new 500. Figures for a standard CB1 are:

Top speed - 190 km/h (118 mph)

Power - 55.2 bhp (41.2 kW) @ 10,000 rpm (claimed)

Torque - 29 lb·ft (39 N·m) @ 9,500 rpm (claimed)

This is not complain about the new 500 - I would love one as a replacement for the 250, as it seems to offer many of the benefits of the 250 (light-weight, low fuel consumption, easy for parts and farkles, delights of toy like controls and Honda reliability) - plus a little more power that will make 2 up touring with luggage much easier. But I don't expect it to be a real screamer without extensive mods. Leave that job to the (exceptional) CB1s and serious big bikes.

if you worry about sound go and get a ducati.....

^ I've never heard of an engine where both pistons go up and down at the same time. How would the crank shaft rotate?

By the firing piston being forced back down the bore by the expanding ignited gases, just like any other engine smile.png The Kawasaki W800 uses a 360 degree crank as well.

And most Triumph twins. And of course all singles.

Today is the release date of the cb500 right?

don't get your hopes up rolleyes.gif

What's wrong has there been some kind of delay?

Just like you, I am waiting for the release, but we don't hear anything from anyone.

Well here in Chiang Mai we can relax in the knowledge that the Big Wing building itself isn't going to be finished for another few months.

Today is the release date of the cb500 right?

don't get your hopes up rolleyes.gif

What's wrong has there been some kind of delay?

Just like you, I am waiting for the release, but we don't hear anything from anyone.

Were you one of the first to put their name on the list at the moto-expo, in order to get one of the first batch??

Edited by cbrer

Well here in Chiang Mai we can relax in the knowledge that the Big Wing building itself isn't going to be finished for another few months.

This poster said Big Wing told him 22nd of December

Personally have not been by to see the progress.

Is it suppose to be near Thapae Gate?

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry5938739

I saw that Dec. 22 date mentioned too & so went to have a look at the site yesterday (Dec. 20). It looks surprisingly close to being ready given the state of things on my last visit at the beginning of the month but I think it would take a small miracle for the showroom to be finished by tomorrow. Still I imagine they could hold some kind of opening even if work isn't 100% done. I plan on swinging by again on the 22nd just in case, and yes the location is on Ratchdamnoen, about 50m or so inside Thapae Gate.

• Like 1

I saw that Dec. 22 date mentioned too & so went to have a look at the site yesterday (Dec. 20). It looks surprisingly close to being ready given the state of things on my last visit at the beginning of the month but I think it would take a small miracle for the showroom to be finished by tomorrow. Still I imagine they could hold some kind of opening even if work isn't 100% done. I plan on swinging by again on the 22nd just in case, and yes the location is on Ratchdamnoen, about 50m or so inside Thapae Gate.

Thanks will take a look too.

Would like to see the New Honda's in person

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a number plate here in thailand? At least red one temporary one. Dont feel like leaving bike anywhere withought a number plate. Also anyone considers buying any safety anti-theft things for the bike or installing alarm?

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a number plate here in thailand? At least red one temporary one. Dont feel like leaving bike anywhere withought a number plate. Also anyone considers buying any safety anti-theft things for the bike or installing alarm?

Never seen a red plate for bikes?

How long depends on where.

Here in Chiangmai we bought a new Wave in June still no plates.

You do get the reg quick though & it has all the info on it. as well as green book

Just no plate.

Not a problem & actually could be a benefit wink.png

No traffic cam violations smile.png

Anti theft? We buy theft insurance for the 1st year

Edited by mania

Never seen a red plate for bikes?

How long depends on where.

Here in Chiangmai we bought a new Wave in June still no plates.

You do get the reg quick though & it has all the info on it. as well as green book

Just no plate.

Not a problem & actually could be a benefit wink.png

No traffic cam violations smile.png

Anti theft? We buy theft insurance for the 1st year

Thank you, yes as long as there is at least red one. I live in Chiang Rai, so hopefully it will be faster or Phayao where my wife lives. This will be my first proper bike purchase, Iam defo going to get insurance. Not sure what are the prices for those yet. My wifes brother bought a bike about a month ago but doesnt have any plate waiting for 2013 as it seems you can sell cars and bikes as 2013 models a higher price if you register it in 2013. As for me I rather be safe than sorry if someone nicks it without any plate at all.

Also seen some people fitting proper alarms on bikes. . .

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry5938739

Really? That's impressive, don't remember when I looked at it but it was sometime within the last month and there were some basic things missing... like walls... true they could open when it's not 100% ready yet.

Cbr500 has 'hiss' system means to start the engine, you need specific set of keys given to you only.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App