Tattoos

damo

Tattoos  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whats your opinions of tattos themselves.

Thailand has some great artists and quality Tattooing at great prices, have you got Tatts and if so, did you get them in Thailand? and what did you pay? post some pix if yr comfortable.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand has got some clean parlours, new needles autoclav etc, If you do your homework on what to look out for you'll find the same hygiene standards that you will in Oz, no doubt there would be some dodgy places out there like in the temples up country.

I did see one old geeza who wanted a traditional Bhuddist tattoo like the ones they do in the the temple but would only have in done by gun in a air con parlour, then he was going to get it blessed at the temple jerk.gif

I got a tat at the Long Beach Pike when I was a kid thinking I was cool.

I think it's silly. They all look crappy when you get older.

What I think is funny is old guys with new tattoos.

Ever heard of hepatitis?

Have no idea what the Long Beach Pike is but it sounds like you are jealous of the old guys with new tattoos.

I got one tattoo in India, and 2 in Thailand but about 17 years ago when I was drunk. Still like them though and often get complimented on them they are religious ones.

You dont really need to worry too much about getting tattoos and geting older, tattoos done many years ago or sun damaged are easily touched up and even improved. Age is irrelevant to getting tattoos unless your very young.

Yeah, easy to touch up after the line width grows from 1mm wide to 3mm wide.

Jealous? Were I jealous why wouldn't I just go and get more tattoos?

I don't doubt all the girls go on and on about how nice they are, how big it is and how much they love your nose.

I mean complimented by guys in the gym, swimming pools, golf club, neighbours, relatives.

I assume you hang around Gog-go bars if you have this assumption - do non-working girls actually say they like your nose? I doubt it.

Tattoos are fine if you like them, your body after all. Did read though that Tatt removal is a booming business so perhaps many doing it as a fad these days are having second thoughts. A subtle Tatt on a girl is OK (East or West) but for many just makes them look like tramps, and probably not going to be a good look as they age.

I don't doubt all the girls go on and on about how nice they are, how big it is and how much they love your nose.

I mean complimented by guys in the gym, swimming pools, golf club, neighbours, relatives.

I assume you hang around Gog-go bars if you have this assumption - do non-working girls actually say they like your nose? I doubt it.

Never even thought about what the guys at the gym might think. But whatever floats your boat dude, it's all good.

Never even thought about what the guys at the gym might think. But whatever floats your boat dude, it's all good.

Guys don't give a shit. thumbsup.gif

im at neutral with ink tattoos, but its these kind of tattoo that impress me thumbsup.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IfP2yL9gLrs/TQwTizIMA0I/AAAAAAAAAAc/4Kxk5bcRrps/s1600/body-carving1.jpg

http://www.randomfunnypictures.org/funny-pictures-1/funny-picture-35611.jpg

http://media.vivanews.com/images/2009/02/10/65099_body_carving.jpg

EDIT I've converted the live links to code tags, cut and paste into your browser to view. Not really suitable for a family forum, ensure you have a strong tummy. Crossy.

Guys don't give a shit. thumbsup.gif

I think the gyms you are familiar with may be a little different then the kind of gyms dude hangs around in...

I got a tat at the Long Beach Pike when I was a kid thinking I was cool.

I think it's silly. They all look crappy when you get older.

What I think is funny is old guys with new tattoos.

Ever heard of hepatitis?

The Pike! Scariest old wooden rollercoaster in the world bar none.

I don't have any tats but I do admire the tasteful and artistic ones that some people have.

Love them, have none.

Parents provided very ell for me growing up, I was quite spoiled. One thing I was asked was to "please never get a tattoo" it's a small way I can repay them for all the great things they did for me. If it means that much to them, then I can live without them.

But all that said, some tats are just awful. Why not pay a pro top dollar for something you will have for life.

• Like 1

I have one on by back done in Phrae a couple of years ago, 10 hours work total. I like it and because its on my back its something I dont see all the time so I don't get bored of it. Noone can see it unless I at the pool without a shirt. I do get some people curious to have a look and guys and girls commenting positivley. 10 hours work 1500 baht.

I did hear of one tattooist up in CM trying to charge tourists 1500 baht an hour.

I still have more to do on my back, maybe another 10 hours but I have plenty of time, no rush. bit by bit.

I love my tattoos ! I have a multitude of them and each of it tells a story of where I achieved it and what it means to my life. I don't care about if it was top notch or a crude temple tattoo. I did my tattoos for myself and not for your opinion.

I should have minded the hygiene,. but it is as one monk sad when I asked him if the works were done in a sterile manner: "Good Luck!"

• Like 1