What Happens To Katoeys When They Get Older

candid

Seems a strange topic - most ladyboys I've known have been obsessed with sex, it's therefore understandable that many of them flock to Pattaya/Nana where they are surrounded by foreigners obsessed by sex. Also, they are suffering from a mental disorder, so feel at home among all the weirdos from around the world. So, many foreigners here think that there are higher %ge of ladyboys in Thaland than there actually are. There are old ladymen around. You well ask the question, "what happens to old prostitutes?"

When do they stop being ladyboys and become ladymen? When does a bargirl stop being a bargirl? I'd say around 30. I take a guess and say they move from the prime bars for foreigners and Thais and go to the bars around Nana - most of the ones I saw there were old whoors, not bargirls. Then again, if you're a retired civil servant and just moved here they my seem young and attractive to you.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Thanks 1

Seems a strange topic - most ladyboys I've known have been obsessed with sex, it's therefore understandable that many of them flock to Pattaya/Nana where they are surrounded by foreigners obsessed by sex. Also, they are suffering from a mental disorder, so feel at home among all the weirdos from around the world. So, many foreigners here think that there are higher %ge of ladyboys in Thaland than there actually are. There are old ladymen around. You well ask the question, "what happens to old prostitutes?"

When do they stop being ladyboys and become ladymen? When does a bargirl stop being a bargirl? I'd say around 30. I take a guess and say they move from the prime bars for foreigners and Thais and go to the bars around Nana - most of the ones I saw there were old whoors, not bargirls. Then again, if you're a retired civil servant and just moved here they my seem young and attractive to you.

So as you are saying...you are into ladyboys for obsessed sex..

I can understand now then why you think all the girls around nana are horrid...just not your type....cute girls that is.

There is currently a series on Sky Living in the UK about Thai ladyboys. The latest episode featured, among others, Yollada Suanyot.

Having won many ladyboy pageants, she went to prison (a male one) after forging her ID so she could enter a women only pageant, which she won.

She started the TransFemale Association of Thailand (it's in Thai, can't find a version in English), which campaigns for transgender rights. It also funds sex change surgery for poor transgender women who cannot afford it on their own, although they can only afford to do so for five per year.

In the programme we saw the lucky five for this year. They vary in backgrounds, but none worked in the entertainment industry. Most were from rural backgrounds. They varied in age, the youngest being 18 and the oldest 60.

She said that the cost of the surgery represents 5 years income for poorer Thais, which is why many transfemales are forced into prostitution so that they can afford it. Her aim is to make it available to all those who need it. It is not a lifestyle choice; they are women trapped in a male body, with all the psychological problems that brings.

A remarkable woman.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 2

So, many foreigners here think that there are higher %ge of ladyboys in Thaland than there actually are.

They are correct when they think this. If the ratios of high school ladyboys, are similar to adult ladyboys, that is.

Around maybe 20%+ of my male students, are ladyboys (Or gay queens who simply enjoy wearing makeup, sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference, because they all have to have "manly haircuts" and wear the male student uniform lol.)

Some of them might decide as they get older, that they'd prefer to just be gay, or to even have a go at being straight instead (My gf has told me that some of the ladyboys from her class at school have tried swinging various different ways, likewise the tomgirls & lesibans). However, Thai society is definitely not in short supply of ladyboys.

Although no doubt, the buzz wears off a little as they mature, and then many of them tone it down a bit, and become less distinguishable within society.

Edited by SlyAnimal
  • Like 1

So as you are saying...you are into ladyboys for obsessed sex..

I can understand now then why you think all the girls around nana are horrid...just not your type....cute girls that is.

eh, Where did I say that?

• Like 2

So, many foreigners here think that there are higher %ge of ladyboys in Thaland than there actually are.

They are correct when they think this. If the ratios of high school ladyboys, are similar to adult ladyboys, that is.

Around maybe 20%+ of my male students, are ladyboys (Or gay queens who simply enjoy wearing makeup, sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference, because they all have to have "manly haircuts" and wear the male student uniform lol.)

Some of them might decide as they get older, that they'd prefer to just be gay, or to even have a go at being straight instead (My gf has told me that some of the ladyboys from her class at school have tried swinging various different ways, likewise the tomgirls & lesibans). However, Thai society is definitely not in short supply of ladyboys.

Although no doubt, the buzz wears off a little as they mature, and then many of them tone it down a bit, and become less distinguishable within society.

What do you teach - hairdressing?

They just fade back into Thai society. They drop all.the pretense and just look like femine men from the ones I have seen. Most of the surgery is not game changing save for implants, which are easily removed and many dont get them in the first place.

Not too difficult to pick.out for a real.people watcher.

Most katoey are not cut, in fact most katoey hookers are bi. Esp those that service farang areas. Many are even hetro - its just a job after all.

What do you teach - hairdressing?

20% in normal school. Hairdressing school I would think 80%.

20 percent is far too high.

There are approximately 300,000 ladyboys in thailand. There are going to be a a lot more in urban areas than rural areas, which could be said about all mental disorders.

Are we going back to the gay is a mental disorder thing now? Oh come on. Thai people call gay kids lady boys. Sorry about that!

There are approximately 300,000 ladyboys in thailand. There are going to be a a lot more in urban areas than rural areas, which could be said about all mental disorders.

Are we going back to the gay is a mental disorder thing now? Oh come on. Thai people call gay kids lady boys. Sorry about that!

Going back to what thing?

This has nothing to do with gay people. Being gay is not any kind of disorder.

I speak Thai and assure you that Thai people most certainly don't call gay kids ladyboys.

I speak Thai and assure you that Thai people most certainly don't call gay kids ladyboys.

Well after having taught school in Thailand for 4 years I can assure you they do.

You wrote and I quote, "There are approximately 300,000 ladyboys in thailand. There are going to be a a lot more in urban areas than rural areas, which could be said about all mental disorders." What does all mental disorders refer to if not your statement about 300,000 ladyboys?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I know one who is about my age, mid 50's. Yep, looking a bit rough and still working. In her hey day she was making big $, I guess because she is smart, speaks English and 2 other Farang languages, I mean really speaks almost fluently. But now she relies on the kindness of past suitors mainly. Still a nice person but the years have not been kind.

Well after having taught school in Thailand for 4 years I can assure you they do.

You wrote and I quote, "There are approximately 300,000 ladyboys in thailand. There are going to be a a lot more in urban areas than rural areas, which could be said about all mental disorders." What does all mental disorders refer to if not your statement about 300,000 ladyboys?

Wow, so I take it you are fluent in the Thai languagesmile.png I assure you that they don't.

I don't teach anymore in Thailand(Bangkok, Isarn) but did for 17 years in many institutions, including university(private and govt.), commercial college, technical school, high school, primary school, business sector. Do you think 4 years is a long time? Was this is one school? A private one possibly?

You don't know what mental disorders are - really?

Google it or read here - http://en.wikipedia....Mental_disorder

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

Wow, so I take it you are fluent in the Thai languagesmile.png I assure you that they don't.

I don't teach anymore in Thailand but did for 17 years in many institutions, including university(private and govt.), commercial college, technical school, high school, primary school, business sector. Do you think 4 years is a long time? Was this is one school? A private one possibly?

You don't know what mental disorders are - really?

Google it or read here - http://en.wikipedia....Mental_disorder

I don't need to know what mental disorders are. I asked what you meant by writing, "There are approximately 300,000 ladyboys in thailand. There are going to be a a lot more in urban areas than rural areas, which could be said about all mental disorders." What did you mean to imply by writing "which could be said about all mental disorders?" Not wiki, you.

Fortunately, there are lots of activities in the medical field to de-classify gender disorder from being a mental disorder to being a "normal" medical disorder of the body / the hormones. While IDC-10 still uses that classification, some health organisation (I think UK NHS was one of the first) have already changed that. Even further, the highest German court has decided that transgender people are allowed to have the gender changed in their papers even without a full sex-change operation.

I know that it will still take years to come in order to change the thinking of people, but at least the legal and medical side seems to make progress towards not seing transgender people being mentally ill...

• Haha 1

You really are going too far wth your "Mental Disorders" trolling. I mean, I personally find you objectionable but would never say you suffered from a mental disorder. Even though you might

• Like 1