Elite 'grabbed Land Meant For Poor Farmers'

Lite Beer

This type of corruption will only stop when the order from the very top say's enough is enough, and that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Every country has a culture of corruption to some degree, Thailand takes it to a whole new level where the already rich & famous think it is their god given right to steal more from those that have nothing, only to fill their already bulging pockets !!

How they stand in front of the Buddha & put their hands up in innocence I do not know, the depth of deceit is mind blowing !!

T.I.T

I think Thailand is out done by many other developing countries. Russia, China, etc. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

P.S. I know a friend who's good friend is having his resorts torn down. It's a business dispute that has caused it. Pissed off the wrong person. I think they are using this as an excuse to go after people they are unhappy with.

Easy!!! don't upset them in the first placewink.png.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This type of corruption will only stop when the order from the very top say's enough is enough, and that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Every country has a culture of corruption to some degree, Thailand takes it to a whole new level where the already rich & famous think it is their god given right to steal more from those that have nothing, only to fill their already bulging pockets !!

How they stand in front of the Buddha & put their hands up in innocence I do not know, the depth of deceit is mind blowing !!

T.I.T

"and that's not likely to happen any time soon." Hear Hear !

T.I.T

I think Thailand is out done by many other developing countries. Russia, China, etc. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

P.S. I know a friend who's good friend is having his resorts torn down. It's a business dispute that has caused it. Pissed off the wrong person. I think they are using this as an excuse to go after people they are unhappy with.

Along with so many other scenarios, that could very well be.

Thailand really needs to put a broom through their entire administration and this is not about politics. Officials in the lands office rubber stamping title deeds for payoffs is nothing new and certainly not confined to Korat. The entire administration is so riddled with corruption it is hardly news this has happened, dam_n the poor - about what all the coloured shirt brigades are supposedly fighting over and see whose votes really count. The blind being lead by those that deliberately blind them and tags to the so-called 'elite', can afford to pay a tithe to any Govt official to obtain more wealth and accumulate assets though ill gotten gains. If someone does not step in - it will simply continue as it always has, and the riots, dissension et al will continue to disrupt daily life in Thailand for all of us.

I don't believe a word of it, the Thai elite would never do such a thing.

Next some whacko will start claiming that the zero interest rate policy and energetic money printing in the US is just to help wealthy bankers and other elite. Ha, we all know it is designed to help the middle class and poor, OK sure it has done nothing for them yet devaluing savings, increase student debt and prolonging the recession, but this time the Fed says it is different and will help unemployment.

Or how about Europe, the tin foil hats are claiming that saving the European Union is just about helping rich bankers and maintaining the opulent and lavish lifestyles of the bureaucrats in charge. As if anyone would belive that nonsense, they work hard and need to be justifiably rewarded.

Every decent dog I ever saw loved his master and knew his place, to many unappreciative whiners out there.

• Like 1

It would amuse me greatly if these so called elite were stripped of their assets and allowed to keep their ill-gotten lands and survive on it from a farmers viewpoint. Perhaps that would send a clear message.

Buuuuut, Click feet and back to Kansas Dorothy I fear................sad.png

What I think is most hilarious here (and irritating) is that these people are NEVER named and shamed. Is it because of the deeply rooted patronage system or not wanting to cause loss of face to these lowlife, or is it something else? Can anyone explain?

T.I.T

You really have no idea? According to many Buddhist, being born rich means you have good Khama. It's a reward. There's nothing sinful to be wealthy. Go ask any Thai!

Really? If you allow me the video rights if you were to ask my missus face to face I would be well happy. I think your 'any Thai' theory would be void!

This is not surprising news for Thailand. The next question is what will be done about it. I am surprised they did not blame a few rich farlang on this deal. The outcome of this investigation will be interesting and will be the test for Thailand in solving its inequality of rights issue. My guess is this is only the icing on the cake and if they probe further they will uncover many more shady deals where the poor and uneducated were cheated out of something.

What I think is most hilarious here (and irritating) is that these people are NEVER named and shamed. Is it because of the deeply rooted patronage system or not wanting to cause loss of face to these lowlife, or is it something else? Can anyone explain?

My guess is that the laws on defamation mean that even if the naming of names is correct then whoever did the naming would probably find themselves the subject of a very expensive lawsuit.

My guess is that the laws on defamation mean that even if the naming of names is correct then whoever did the naming would probably find themselves the subject of a very expensive lawsuit.

But the article does name 10 families involved.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

T.I.T

Thailand of today reminds me of France in mids 1700. The gentry allowed themselves anything and the farmers and other poor people had no rights at all. A nobleman could kill a peasant without any repercussion whatsoever. The difference today is that in France the king was at the top of this which is not the case in Thailand.

But eventually the people in France had enough and on July 14th 1789 everything changed. It is not impossible that a similar event may occur in Thailand if the present situation is allowed to continue or even expand.

the lower "casts" in india are still beaten to death in india today , nobody has been charged with any of the hundreds of deaths in recent years, ...but hey, lets just keep sending them £billions in aid cos they are a democracy too !

It happens all over the world. Germans, French, Dutch, Belgian, Czeck, Hungarians, etc, grabbed land, houses & business of Jews & Russians in the 1940's. Israelis grab land illegally off Arabs and the Israeli courts just laugh it off. Whites stole land from Africans and Native American Indians in the 1800's. Now Africans and Indians take the land back off white farmers. Zimbabwean Black sshoot White farmers and steal their land, houses , autos. South American Whites displace native Indians on a routine basis. Japanese stole land & businesses off just about everyone in Asia in 1930-1945.

It is called "BUSINESS". It will carry on forever

• Like 1

But the article does name 10 families involved.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

It is easy to give a family name. One of my close Thai friends has one of the surnames in print but I can assure you no way are they involved.

The original point was that you will rarely if ever see individual 'elite' identified by name.

yes, that is the way, ask the corrupt officials if any of their family and corrupt friends got some land they were not intitled to...

is there no LAND registration department for the whole of thailand, which would make it easy to see who own what and since when ???

but why any farang bla bla about this anyway, as we have 0 rights here to even own 1 m² of thailand because we could put it in our lugguage and bring it to our home country and it would be a big loss for thailand if the farang would own 1 m²

Edited by belg

T.I.T

Thailand of today reminds me of France in mids 1700. The gentry allowed themselves anything and the farmers and other poor people had no rights at all. A nobleman could kill a peasant without any repercussion whatsoever. The difference today is that in France the king was at the top of this which is not the case in Thailand.

But eventually the people in France had enough and on July 14th 1789 everything changed. It is not impossible that a similar event may occur in Thailand if the present situation is allowed to continue or even expand.

The difference being when it happens, and it most surely will sometime in the future, is that when the 'Revolution' starts motoring here you will see the 'Elite' vanishing through the back door very quickly to the land and homes they already own in Foreign countries. In the West we are stupid enough to allow rich Thai's to buy very big homes and large area's of land. The worst offenders and scumbags that fleece the poor here will escape with their billions already stashed in Swiss bank accounts. They are already Western educated in many cases and will live on happily not giving a second thought to what they have done to their Mother country.

• Like 1

T.I.T

That was Pol Pot's goal back in 1975. The Khmer elite were probably worse than the Thai elite terms of corruption. Fortunately, he was able to take over and turn Cambodia into an egalitarian agrarian paradise*. whistling.gif

* Just in case anyone thinks that I am serious, this is an ironic statement.

So the Singapore government which is constantly referred to as being elite and at the same time has done more for its people than most governments and is uncorrupted and likewise the Elite British PM, are scumbags according to some posts on this forum. Many Elite in Thailand are good people. These post posts smack of UK class prejudices by persons who should have left them behind when they left the UK and came here.

T.I.T

That's a way to see the French revolution.

What really happened is the power at that time was divided between three "estates" : the clergy, the nobility and and a third estate that represented everybody else. The third estate represented more than 95% of the population and was paying most of the taxes, the representatives of the third estate were businessmen and lawyers. But the power wast mostly shared between the two first estates and that was pissing off the third estate. The revolution was about kicking out the nobility and the church from power and giving it to the rich tax payers. If the poor peasants thought it was about them, they were badly mistaken.

In this way one can say that the French revolution has already been reenacted in Thailand during the past ten years.

• Like 1