True Visions - Installation And Connection Fee?!

Mactao

Hello guies,

I got True Vision with Gold package installed in my appartment in a condo about a month ago. At the time the guy in the shop told me that there was no cost for installation, only a 2000 Baht deposit for the decoder (equipement) and the monthly subsription fee. I asked and reasked again as the contract was in Thaï and I wanted to make sure that there are no hidden cost.

I received my first bill yesterday and what a surprise!!??? "Installation and connection fee" 9500 Bath

So I just want to know.

1/ Have I been lied by the sales guy in True shop? Is it normal and does everybody has to pay this fee?

2/ 9500 Baht (235€!!!) is a joke for installation cost in Thailand, especially that most of the people in the condo are already using True vision don't you think?

Anyway I will try go to there office to talk to the guy that sold me this packet, another great time wasting visit in Thailand...

Thanks for your help!

Check and see if that included 6 months service you can pre pay and get discount monthly fee

edit a few shops because they want min six months contract will collect it but it is rare they wouldn't make that clear. At any rate you may just be pre paying six months service and getting free installation.

Edited by RKASA

Check and see if that included 6 months service you can pre pay and get discount monthly fee

Yes Rkasa, there is another bill that came with it, that ask me to pay one year in advance for the service. Total of this one is 18368 Baht for 12 month, so it makes 1530/month which is the price for gold packet.

But the total at the end, due on 24/09 is 28115 Baht so it includes the installation & connection fee plus other small fees...

Installation fee is usually zero to maybe a 1000 baht if a long cable run is required. Below is a cut and paste from a True Promotion presentation....notice it says "installation free." Please note this installation info relates to when you rent your boxes from TrueVisions; not if you buy/own the settop boxes....then I guess it's up to whatever deal you make with the seller/shop.

Personally for me, over the last 4 years when canceling/installing TrueVisions there was only one time I had a 1000 baht installation fee and that was the first installation almost 4 years ago....all other times have been free. Even my most recent installation of switching from satellite TrueVisions to cable TrueVisions was a free installation....to include no monthly charge for my 3d HD box. However, there is a 2,000 baht deposit fee per settop box but that is refunded when you turn the box back in.

post-55970-0-14052900-1347865073_thumb.j

When I first had it installed in 1998 the installation charge was 12k baht. Since then I have had it installed in 5 other locations. When I had those installed, I took advantage of a running promotion and only had to pay the 2k deposit with no installation fees. Those 5 have since been disconnected and I received my deposits back a short time later via check. I still have the original installation. Sounds like the shop that you went to isn't very reputable as I was always advised of upcoming promotions when I went to apply.

Thank you guies for your comments!

I went back to the True shop where I bought the packet. The guy who sold me the packet was not there and the other people did not understand anything.

So I went to another large "True Shop". The girl understood my question, consulted other people then call the head office and... True made a mistake on my bill.

If I understood well they normally put 9500 on one line of the invoice and then -9500 on another line of the invoice to show you that they offer you this "Installation & Connection Fee". But on my invoice they forgot the line with -9500... 1zgarz5.gif

They will send me the corrected invoice soon smile.png

Anyway problem solved, I will not have to pay this "Installation and connection fee"! Thanks and take care! mfr_closed1.gif

Durn....another farang challenges a True bill and wins. True executives are not going to like this trend.

Glad this seems to be working out for the OP, but regarding installation fees none of my bills ever showed an installation charge followed by an offset in an equal amount....the one time I was charged 1000 baht it was just shown as a 1000 baht charge...and all the other times were free with no charge or offset. But I will say, my current "3rd HD box" does appear on the monthly bill with a charge and then an equal offset...maybe that accounting method makes it easy for True to track/adjust promotions and billings whenever they want.

Glad it worked out.

If I understood well they normally put 9500 on one line of the invoice and then -9500 on another line of the invoice to show you that they offer you this "Installation & Connection Fee". But on my invoice they forgot the line with -9500...

I suspect it was a mistake, we moved recently and put True in three looms, the third one being free, the guy was installing for a good couple of hours.

When I got my invoice there was certainly an installation fee and it was deducted, also they charge me for the third box and service, and then deduct it.