Uktv Is Back

worgeordie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just tried it very impressed. when i clicked on dual screen computer crashed. anyone else have this problem.

Dual screen works OK for me but I have an issue with full-screen mode on a 1920x1080 screen. Assuming you actually have two screens it's supposed to go full screen on the one which does not have the application showing.

Try downloading the latest drivers for your video card.

As the app is still beta the support team would like to know when you have issues, email them direct.

just tried it very impressed. when i clicked on dual screen computer crashed. anyone else have this problem.

Dual screen works OK for me but I have an issue with full-screen mode on a 1920x1080 screen. Assuming you actually have two screens it's supposed to go full screen on the one which does not have the application showing.

As the app is still beta the support team would like to know when you have issues, email them direct.

No problem for me on 32" seccond screen using FF 15.01 try updating to the latest flash if your not already on it.

Recording works too, right click on the 'timeline' to record.

Now I need an Android app to use on my tab.

Where does it store the downloads, I'm downloading a one hour prog currently but don't see where it is storing it?

It's not difficult to find the download location, but it's not in a format I (or Gspot) recognise, seems the only way to play it is with the UKTV application.

Since the app won't start without a network connection you can only play recordings whilst connected to the net sad.png

Where does it store the downloads, I'm downloading a one hour prog currently but don't see where it is storing it?

It's not difficult to find the download location, but it's not in a format I (or Gspot) recognise, seems the only way to play it is with the UKTV application.

Since the app won't start without a network connection you can only play recordings whilst connected to the net sad.png

That's what I found out also, oh well, can't have it all.

Actually, not being able to play recordings when off network (like on a flight) could be seen as a serious issue.

Actually, not being able to play recordings when off network (like on a flight) could be seen as a serious issue.

I am using via Parallels on my iMac and it seems to work fine, after downloading I then play the program back and there is a small disc icon in the top left I click on this and it asks me where I would like to save the file. The resultant file is in MPEG format which I can then transfer to another device (like a media player) to use. The only issue is that along with the MPEG file it also creates a lot of smaller files (and I mean a lot) which I then have to bin, not sure what thats all about.

I'm no novice with a PC Crossy (but I am fairly new to Windows 7) but I don't see where the files are stored, perhaps you can give a clue?

Also, I downloaded Red Dwarf and it recorded fine. Then I went to save it and was asked to specify a new location, when I did so the recroded files disappeared from the screen! No they are not inside the newly created save location or the App!! Any clues?

I figured it out!

If you want to access your downloaded files offline then you need to set your download directory BEFORE you start to download, if you download first and then set a directory files already downloaded will be deleted. Exactly where the files are stored prior to specifying a local directory remains a mystery to me although at this point I don't really care since I'm now capturing to my hard drive.

Next step will be, how to convert *.stf files (and there's hundreds of them) to MP3/4 or AVI, answers on a postcard.

gave it a whirl last night and was blown away by the quality of performance - only shame is some of the shows in a 4:3 ratio (obviously not the Apps fault) and the suck it and see nature of the learning curve.

didn't realise how much I'd missed MotD...

I just recorded a show and next to the play button is a save to button. The file is h264 mp4 so no problems to watch it with vlc etc any time. the only problem i have is the app itself won't go to fullscreen on my TV. plays on TV fine otherwise with hdmi, just no full screen when you click the full screen button.

I just recorded a show and next to the play button is a save to button. The file is h264 mp4 so no problems to watch it with vlc etc any time. the only problem i have is the app itself won't go to fullscreen on my TV. plays on TV fine otherwise with hdmi, just no full screen when you click the full screen button.

i had it on fullscreen on a 46" but not all channels are 16:9- it went full screen but supernaany played in 4:3 ratio

They seem to be out of business already, the download link doesn't work, and I found this under "news' on their site:

Dear Customers

Due to unforseen circumstances beyond our control as from Monday 30th April 2012 we shall be suspending the commercial UK TV service.

If payment already made to us covers the period after 30th April, please advise us by e mail to [email protected] your bank details so that we can organise any refund that is due.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards Your UK-TV-Team

Crossy, are you sure you're not working for them?

Your PR and support for them here really looks like paid advertisement!

Edited by yuyi

The message on the website is from the previous incarnation which went off the air in April.

Yes, I'm sure I'm not working for them (other than knowing the chaps and some beta testing as I said before), no unsolicited payments have appeared in my bank account :)

Official email received:-

Dear Customer,

Due to technical issues, our authentication server is down at the moment. We are working on it and will let you know once service resumes.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Your UK TV Team

You will only have received this mail if you gave them your email address (obviously).

They REALLY need to address any single points of failure in their system if they are going to provide a service to a load of cranky Brits who get all umpity when they can't get their fix of Coronation Street or Emmerdale.

• Like 1

Official email received:-

Dear Customer,

Due to technical issues, our authentication server is down at the moment. We are working on it and will let you know once service resumes.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Your UK TV Team

You will only have received this mail if you gave them your email address (obviously).

They REALLY need to address any single points of failure in their system if they are going to provide a service to a load of cranky Brits who get all umpity when they can't get their fix of Coronation Street or Emmerdale.

Tell me about it I missed x factor last night,but all in all if they can sort there problems out it is an excellent service easily beats anything else out there I tried that expat tv and the user interface is terrible coupled with the fact you cannot record or watch what you want when you want only watch on 6 or 18 hour delay is pretty useless really ,hope uk tv is up and running by tonight 2nd part of x factor is on...

• Like 1

Tell me about it I missed x factor last night ... hope uk tv is up and running by tonight 2nd part of x factor is on...

Still I cannot download the uk tv player. sick.gif But I didn't miss anything, enjoyed Formula 1, on the big TV, using thaiexpat.tv smile.png

Might not have all the bells and whistles, but ... it works.

Tell me about it I missed x factor last night ... hope uk tv is up and running by tonight 2nd part of x factor is on...

Still I cannot download the uk tv player. sick.gif But I didn't miss anything, enjoyed Formula 1, on the big TV, using thaiexpat.tv smile.png

Might not have all the bells and whistles, but ... it works.

Lol yep that's very true shame that uk tv has these problems last time they switched it of was just before the European championships and then the olympics followed that so no doubt uktv lost a lot of customers to expat tv,at least they are trying to bring it back on ,got to say they seem an honest bunch that are running it no problem getting refund from them when the service went down before let's just hope the same thing isn't gonna happen again

Tried many times all I get is ??

logo.png

This service is not available in your area.

That's because you're looking at the wrong website, that's a completely unrelated service.

Try this one http://www.uk-tv.asia/ works well even in Singapore airport on the free WiFi but the free period ends tonight and no news of an extension or how to pay when it goes subscription :(

That's because you're looking at the wrong website, that's a completely unrelated service.

Try this one http://www.uk-tv.asia/ works well even in Singapore airport on the free WiFi but the free period ends tonight and no news of an extension or how to pay when it goes subscription sad.png

Thanks,

Wow 850 baht per month to watch TV over the internet, unless I have read/understand it wrong I can get most of this which i do not watch anyway + 100's more for free over the internet

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1