Chalerm, Red-Shirts Stand Against Truth For Reconciliation Commission Of Thailand's Report

webfact

What scumbags these Red pieces of crap are!

Chalerm is against the findings and says it's not legally binding. And yet he wants the people who headed the CRES prosecuted based on the findings!

And yet, we still have idiot apologists here defending these scum!

there's still idiots here alright.

i agree.

Edited by nurofiend

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear whybother, when you learn to find solutions to your never ending questions then I may consider a debate, at the moment there appears to be a certain lacking in your ability to absorb information, decipher, and form a conclusion based on what you see. I am afraid I cannot help your understanding further. Apologies but there are limits to my abilities

You can't answer a simple question? There definitely are limits to your abilities.

Dear whybother, when you learn to find solutions to your never ending questions then I may consider a debate, at the moment there appears to be a certain lacking in your ability to absorb information, decipher, and form a conclusion based on what you see. I am afraid I cannot help your understanding further. Apologies but there are limits to my abilities

You can't answer a simple question? There definitely are limits to your abilities.

can he not answer a question?

• Like 1

Another question.......cheesy.gif thanks confirming my decision was well thought out

Chalerm is against the findings and says it's not legally binding. And yet he wants the people who headed the CRES prosecuted based on the findings!

there's still idiots here alright.

i agree.

Well anyone who is actually moronic enough to support people who only accept parts of the report(the ones that are positive to them and negative to the other side) are apologists are they not?

You can't dismiss the findings while insisting someone else gets prosecuted based on the finding. But with these Red twits and their supporters, I guess anything is possible.

Well anyone who is actually moronic enough to support people who only accept parts of the report(the ones that are positive to them and negative to the other side) are apologists are they not?

You can't dismiss the findings while insisting someone else gets prosecuted based on the finding. But with these Red twits and their supporters, I guess anything is possible.

.....questioned the TRCT's credibility and its ability to stay neutral, especially since it had been set up by a military-installed government.

is this something you would question? seriously, as a reasonable person, is this something you would question at all?

if the parts they don't accept are proven as being truthful, then yes, they would be apologists.

Edited by nurofiend

Another question.......cheesy.gif thanks confirming my decision was well thought out

Sorry for asking what the relevance of your Pan Fah statement is. (that you've now posted about 10 times in various topics)

Sorry for asking what the relevance of your Pan Fah statement is. (that you've now posted about 10 times in various topics)

Catalyst

Robert Amsterdam...

He also denounced the report as counter-productive and provocative because the victims of the crackdown would refuse to accept anything less than accountability.

Except for those "victims of the crackdown" that did not "refuse" the 7.75 Million Baht taxpayer-funded payoff and agreed not to pursue litigation in the process.

So that means that the attempt to get an amnesty for Thaksin, Abhisit, Suthep and others which was largely down to Chalerm will not be accepted then.

"On 10 April, troops unsuccessfully cracked down at Phan Fah, resulting in 24 deaths, including one Japanese journalist and five soldiers, and more than 800 injuries. The Thai media called the crackdown "Cruel April" (Source WiKi)

So why were the troops unsuccessful

Images from Phan Fah bridge April 10 & 11 2010

4509987336_27b2ebddbe.jpg4509348837_3e423efe0e.jpg\

_47624858_-122.jpg

Wonder if the red shirts ever gave back the weapons captured from the soldiers above. I mean they are army issue weapons (otherwise the soldiers wouldn't have them would they?), If someone was to be shot with them the finger would automatically point to the army wouldn't it. That could be very useful fact. if you wanted to apportion blame. Not even going to go into the stuff that may have been in the trashed army vehicles - probably on a packed lunch and a bottle of water - subsequently looted.

Proves two things - the army were armed and so where the red shirts. Both were armed with the same weapons. Which makes the whole question of who shot who rather difficult to prove and kinda of validates the TRC report.

• Like 1

I mentioned 24 deaths and 800 injuries, you appear to think that 5 of the agressors dead somehow makes a difference to the unprovoked "failed" crackdown, Personaly I feel onedeath was too much. But this failed crackdown not only caused deaths and injury but instigated the move into the heart of Bangkok with a very different demeanor from the original protest site at Phan Fah

"5 aggressors"? "unprovoked crackdown"?

Don't you think storming government house, storming Thaicom, confronting soldiers at barracks, and at other places where they were stationed away from the protesters, is aggression and provocation? Every step of the way the red shirts escalated their aggression, and then April 10 their militia turned up.

Calm down. You are dealing with a misinformed closed mind.

Until people are willing to except the fact that it was the actions of the red shirts and inaction of the police that caused all this trouble nothing will change. It was not by accident that the red shirts went into the poor areas and areas without schooling for their followers. The scene was not full of college graduates. The only ones with a education were drawing big pay checks.

With suspicions I was with their cause right up until they started pouring blood all over with out any knowledge of what they could be spreading nor did they care. At that point I knew for sure they had no agenda other than cause trouble and draw a pay check plus room and board.

.....questioned the TRCT's credibility and its ability to stay neutral, especially since it had been set up by a military-installed government.

is this something you would question? seriously, as a reasonable person, is this something you would question at all?

if the parts they don't accept are proven as being truthful, then yes, they would be apologists.

If they doubt the neutrality of the TRCT and want to reject the report, that's completely up to them.

My issue is the fact that they accept the parts where it says there's wrong doing on the part of Abhisit and the CRES while they dismiss the parts where it says there is also wrongdoing on the parts of the Red Shirts. You can't have it both ways.

"On 10 April, troops unsuccessfully cracked down at Phan Fah, resulting in 24 deaths, including one Japanese journalist and five soldiers, and more than 800 injuries. The Thai media called the crackdown "Cruel April" (Source WiKi)

This is very interesting.

This shows that you know how to use the cut and paste feature on your PC.

RT @tulsathit: Khao Sod: Truth commission blasted for ignoring snipers

RT @tulsathit: Thai Post: UN hails Truth commission

RT @tulsathit: Thai Rath: Red leaders claim truth commission had hidden agenda

RT @tulsathit: ASTV: Red hooligans never let go

There was never any sniper, said the army chief. Just M16 with toy viewer bought by themselves.

I really don't know, why so many here cry foul, when Chalerm is in denial about the findings. Who really expect something else? All parties involved are in permanent denial of their share of responsiblity and accountability. I can't remeber Gen Prayuth admitting that the Army is partly to blame, neither do Abbhisit or Suthep. They all playing the Thai National passttime"Avoiding responsibility at all costs" and everybody is really eager to show their own "I am holier than thou" attitude. The whole dealing with the incident is a national digrace and a slap in the face of everybody. All people who got hurt there or died deserve justice, but all parties involved in the 2010 incidents do their best to deny that. It gives a real good impression of the moral values of the key players of the involved parties.

A very level headed post and the sad reality of Thailand for the last 50 or more years.

There should be accountability all round for this, previous and probably future events and maybe the only way it can happen is of there is a strong grass roots organisation, which perhaps the red shirts might morph into.

It's unlikely to come from the top or the politicians, so what does that leave ??

Loosely translated that means 'I support the reds but they unfortunately need a makeover'.

• Like 1

I really don't know, why so many here cry foul, when Chalerm is in denial about the findings. Who really expect something else? All parties involved are in permanent denial of their share of responsiblity and accountability. I can't remeber Gen Prayuth admitting that the Army is partly to blame, neither do Abbhisit or Suthep. They all playing the Thai National passttime"Avoiding responsibility at all costs" and everybody is really eager to show their own "I am holier than thou" attitude. The whole dealing with the incident is a national digrace and a slap in the face of everybody. All people who got hurt there or died deserve justice, but all parties involved in the 2010 incidents do their best to deny that. It gives a real good impression of the moral values of the key players of the involved parties.

The difference is PTP/Thaksin want to sweep everything under the rug through an amnesty and Abhisit and Suthep want the matter to follow the regular course of justice.

A rather important difference I think.

I see no difference between the Thaksin and the Abbhisit camp. Please show proof.

P.S. No amnesty for anybody for whatever. Be responsible, all of them

Edited by hanuman2543

RT @tulsathit: Khao Sod: Truth commission blasted for ignoring snipers

RT @tulsathit: Thai Post: UN hails Truth commission

RT @tulsathit: Thai Rath: Red leaders claim truth commission had hidden agenda

RT @tulsathit: ASTV: Red hooligans never let go

There was never any sniper, said the army chief. Just M16 with toy viewer bought by themselves.

And calibrated using the, worth it's weight in gold, one and only, GT2000 range / drugs / explosives / terrorists / weird hair do , forensics, finder...................

Edited by philw

A very level headed post and the sad reality of Thailand for the last 50 or more years.

There should be accountability all round for this, previous and probably future events and maybe the only way it can happen is of there is a strong grass roots organisation, which perhaps the red shirts might morph into.

It's unlikely to come from the top or the politicians, so what does that leave ??

Loosely translated that means 'I support the reds but they unfortunately need a makeover'.

Sweet, your understanding is improving.

You only have to look at that woman's face to know the kind of kwais you're dealing with ......

Really like this comment ...and the number of poster who "like" it

You really don't need to look at the poster's face to realize the kind of ... you're dealing with

And after that people wonder why TV is considered by a large section of Thai expats as "lo class" biggrin.png

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 1

You only have to look at that woman's face to know the kind of kwais you're dealing with ......

And after that people wonder why TV is considered by a large section of Thai expats as "low class" biggrin.png

And what's wrong with being from a lower class. That's a fundamental part of being a red shirt - the poor downtrodden underclasses. You're not getting all elitist on us are you?

Really like this comment ...and the number of poster who "like" it

You really don't need to look at the poster's face to realize the kind of ... you're dealing with

And after that people wonder why TV is considered by a large section of Thai expats as "lo class" biggrin.png

Thank you JG, fair comment indeed.

Perhaps it reminds them of their wives and Mothers in Law....

And after that people wonder why TV is considered by a large section of Thai expats as "low class" biggrin.png

And what's wrong with being from a lower class. That's a fundamental part of being a red shirt - the poor downtrodden underclasses. You're not getting all elitist on us are you?

Lo class in my vocabulary has nothing to do with your education, fortune or family origin.

It's an attitude, like hitting someone on the ground, insulting a woman, making fun or taking advantage of someone with disability ... that's lo class !

Lo class in my vocabulary has nothing to do with your education, fortune or family origin.

It's an attitude, like hitting someone on the ground, insulting a woman, making fun or taking advantage of someone with disability ... that's lo class !

...supporting corrupt criminals...

Oh you think Ianf was insulting a woman, hence the low class comments. Apologies I thought he was insulting buffaloes, or is that low class toowai.gif

• Like 2

The headline should have stopped here; Chalerm, Red-Shirts Stand Against Truth. In my humble opinion there is plenty of blame to go around, as the TRCT commision states, but as usual, Thaksins supporters can see no wrong for the great man. The biggest mistake that the government of the day made was not to crack down sooner. They waited while truckloads of tires, bamboo and other materials for the construction of barricades were brought to the site. What they should have done, dump water on the crowd from canvas bags attached to helicopters as soon as they ignored the first order to disperse. Abhisit was too indecisive, that is what he is guilty of.

Edited by ramrod711
  • Like 2

The headline should have stopped here; Chalerm, Red-Shirts Stand Against Truth. In my humble opinion there is plenty of blame to go around, as the TRCT commision states, but as usual, Thaksins supporters can see no wrong for the great man. The biggest mistake that the government of the day made was not to crack down sooner. They waited while truckloads of tires, bamboo and other materials for the construction of barricades were brought to the site. What they should have done, dump water on the crowd from canvas bags attached to helicopters as soon as they ignored the first order to disperse. Abhisit was too indecisive, that is what he is guilty of.

I agree that not acting sooner was a mistake, but one that is easy to see now with the benefit of hindsight. The reason why he backed off from taking more direct action for so long was because he knew the moment that he did, he would be accused of trying to stamp out free speech and of not allowing peaceful protest. So he hedged his bets on being able to agree to a compromise on elections and getting them to leave without the need for force.... and if it wasn't for our square faced friend in Dubai, i think he would have achieved precisely that.

• Like 2

Oh you think Ianf was insulting a woman, hence the low class comments. Apologies I thought he was insulting buffaloes, or is that low class toowai.gif

There is no post that is so stupid that a TV poster can't make an even dumber comment coffee1.gif

Edited by JurgenG