The Spammers Are Back

ezzra

The spammers are back with a vengeance, this morning i had 65 spam messages waiting for me,

usuall i get no more than 4-8 messages a day, and all of them had to do with ED pills and other medicines,

I have read that the recently the US government indited and closed down some of the biggest

spam lords but it seems that they , or some others have taken their places and than some.

Yes I find the same.

For maybe 6 - 9 months my Spam folder has been very light indeed - previously I would have 40 or more per day, then a major Spammer was caught and it dropped off dramatically.

The last few weeks however the content is growing and now averages 10 - 15 per day, fortunately the Gmail Spam Filter is working very well as usual and I rarely find that a wanted Email has been classified as Spam.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Gmail spam filter works well for me.

I never open Spam just delete all.

They're deleted after 30 days anyway - same as deleted emails in the "Bin".

I do nothing - it takes care of itself ;)

I always make sure there are no emails in Spam that should be in the Inbox, it does happen occasionally.

Gmail spam filter works well for me.

I never open Spam just delete all.

They're deleted after 30 days anyway - same as deleted emails in the "Bin".

I do nothing - it takes care of itself wink.png

I always make sure there are no emails in Spam that should be in the Inbox, it does happen occasionally.

Yes i do the same, usually in:spam [myname] since I get around 50 or 100 spam per day but from many accounts to my gmail account

BTW from time ago i am using some of those 10 minutes email for register in some annoying pages that I know that they will send me spam (why they need my email :/ )

But now i am using something different, the webpages is yopmail.com is a...

Disposable, Anonymous and Free email address.

Alternate E-mail Address (Inbox alias)

As you know YOPmail inboxes are public and password free. Hence it is suggested that you choose unique or difficult inbox names. However, some users choose simple names for the sake of convenience. YOPmail is aware of this and is concerned with such user’s safety.

Thus, each YOPmail inbox has an unique alias as an added security feature.

Even if you choose ordinarily named inboxes, YOPmail generates an unique alias address for you, visible in your real YOPmail inbox at the top. Using the inbox alias adds to your privacy, as any email sent to your YOPmail alias is Auto-forwarded to your original YOPmail inbox. Anyone checking YOPmail inbox with your Alias will always find the mailbox empty! This way YOPmail address is never revealed and your privacy is protected at all times

You stay protected at YOPmail always!

alternate-address.png

I like this system when you don't want to use your real email or identity

The gmail spam filter does indeed work well. I interface/connect with my gmail accounts via Outlook (i.e., POP/IMAP connection). A few times every month I will log onto my gmail accounts via the web interface just to see if any valid emails ended up in my gmail spam folder....it rarely occurs. And as already mentioned, at the 30 day point gmail automatically deletes any email in the spam folder.

Really not much advantage over a throw-away yahoo/hotmail/gmail.com email address. More than one gmail address opens a pandoras box of tricks you can do with their filters ;)

Edited by astral
No need for full quote

Funny you mention @yopmail... it's a domain much loved by err... spammers blink.png

I see, didn't know it, I usually sign in or subscribe to know and compare about new technologies, soft, etc. But later I choose only one, and I don't want all the mail marketing, reminders or spam from the rest. yopmail it's a good solution.

The gmail spam filter does indeed work well. I interface/connect with my gmail accounts via Outlook (i.e., POP/IMAP connection). A few times every month I will log onto my gmail accounts via the web interface just to see if any valid emails ended up in my gmail spam folder....it rarely occurs. And as already mentioned, at the 30 day point gmail automatically deletes any email in the spam folder.

I've never understood why anyone bothers to get their emails down from gmail. In these days of relatively good connectivity I can log onto gmail and read anything I want, and I save space on my hdd/sdd and fewer apps running so my local device has more capacity for other things I am doing :)

Really not much advantage over a throw-away yahoo/hotmail/gmail.com email address. More than one gmail address opens a pandoras box of tricks you can do with their filters wink.png

but you win a lot of time, I have a lot of domains and in some of them I foward all the emails to my gmail account for example [email protected] [email protected], [email protected] and etc so I know exactly who sell my email/data but still since are companies or legal sites but I get so much emails in this way and since is a simple configuration to foward all the emails if I want to delete one I must setup all the trusted forward or create a filter for each one.

and nothing about create a new email, now gmail and other are kinda annoyng with so much info they want, inclusive mobile phone or with a complex passwords that usually forgot.

So for my yopmail is a fast as hell when I need to sign up or subscribe but probably becasue I do a lot sign up

I have found the opposite and I get hardly any spam these days. But I recently changed my email address. I know have one email for important stuff and another for non-important. The non-important one is the one likely to get spam over time, so I'll just change once a year, because teh contacts on there don't really matter much.