American Tv Shows Copied By Thailand

omnilangur

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many new musical genres were birthed in the UK, too: prog rock, punk, ska...

Happy now?

No...biggrin.png ....Ska came from Jamaica and one could suggest Punk came via the Ramones in the US...tongue.png

Fine. The Brits didn't innovate squat, then, but they have/had some of the best bands playing foreign-innovated genres in history.

NOW are you happy?

Top Gear Vs American Chopper, your opinion ?

Assume you are talking about Top Gear UK ?

Jeeza by miles...but again a brand of humour our colonial cousins wouldnt get..

If you are comparing Top Gear US vs American chopper...prefer American Chopper

Which one could argue derived from African music during slavery in the US, certainly in the case of the Blues, which developed into R&B, which developed into Rock & Roll etc etc.

Quite true.

But again, you have to give the US credit for the musical genres that were birthed on its soil: jazz, swing, big band, dixieland, blues, soul, R&B, gospel, rockabilly, rock and roll...and even if you don't like them, hip-hop, rap, disco, country western, et al.

LMAO that you think all of those are purely US inventions.

Where do you think they were invented?

Yes, slaves and immigrant groups contributed from their varous musical heritages...but it is the mixing of those heritages in America that led to their formation.

I am not an expert in this, but on a Discovery show I watched, they postulated that rock and roll and country and western evolved primarily from the mixing of slave and African-American-based blues and Irish immigrant music. I don't remember all the details now, but from what they demonstrated, it sure made sense to me.

Many new musical genres were birthed in the UK, too: prog rock, punk, ska...

Happy now?

No...biggrin.png ....Ska came from Jamaica and one could suggest Punk came via the Ramones in the US...tongue.png

Fine. The Brits didn't innovate squat, then, but they have/had some of the best bands playing foreign-innovated genres in history.

NOW are you happy?

Near impossible to make our imperial uncles happy sometimes

Edited by kblaze