American Tv Shows Copied By Thailand

omnilangur

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know they're not paying the licence?

We have the same shows in the UK and much of Europe, identical format.

The same shows in the UK originated in the UK

I thought at least some were UK origin but not certain, not my favourite shows anyway but seem to attract large audiences.

If you read the end credits is says from "Endemol Productions" owned by John de Mol, also the guy who did Big Brother, he lets countries use the ideas, and gets money for it.

BTW - He had a great looking wife "Linda de Mol"

Also most of the programs have started in Europe and then they go over the pond to America.

Read - The Voice is an American reality talent show that premiered on April 26, 2011, on the NBC television network. Based on the reality singing competition The Voice of Holland, the series was created by Dutch television producer John de Mol[2] and is executive produced by Mark Burnett. It is part of an international series. The Voice immediately proved to be a hit for NBC and as of September 2012, the network is airing the third season. The second season premiered February 5, 2012, immediately following NBC's broadcast of Super Bowl XLVI.

Edited by beano2274

How do you know they're not paying the licence?

We have the same shows in the UK and much of Europe, identical format.

The same shows in the UK originated in the UK

I thought at least some were UK origin but not certain, not my favourite shows anyway but seem to attract large audiences.

Very easy to identify which shows came from the UK, anything Simon Cowe has his fingers in as a presenter or producer..wink.png

The 'got talent' series of shows is from the UK, and I believe 'The Voice' originated in Holland, so......

Does anyone know how shows like "America's got Talent, The Voice, etc can get away with stealing every element of these European made TV shows? Do they pay for the copyright infringement before the chinese or after?

The X Factor and American Idol, but 'The Voice' America's Got Talent', the bachelor, survivor, etc all started in the USA. Don't even attempt to try and compare whose more original, The US topples the UK in the creative department by a landslide.....

read my answer above "the Voice" is owned by John de Mol, and originated in Holland.

These shows are sold internationally and are called formatted shows. they sell the format, concept,etc., then the local producer localizes for a local audience. one of the most successful money making program sales in global tv industry. no need to rip them off, because there is no room for failure, better to buy proven format. kind of like franchising fast food worldwide.

The X Factor and American Idol, but 'The Voice' America's Got Talent', the bachelor, survivor, etc all started in the USA. Don't even attempt to try and compare whose more original, The US topples the UK in the creative department by a landslide.....

Not all of them orginated in the US, X-factor started in the UK, as did "America's got Talent" obviously called Britains got Talent, I beleive survivor was dutch, Big Brother was Dutch...and as for American idol...read it an weep...British show originally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol

Cant figure out whether you are trying to troll or just dont get out very often..

If you google Endemol and look on wiki you will find some of the many programs that they have done, and most of them started in Europe.

Reality television

Factual

Late night/variety shows

Drama

Game shows

Children's shows

Live TV

Sitcoms

Talk/Variety

Documentary

All these shows are horrible, certainly nothing to rally around the flag over

• Like 1

Are you sure about that?

No he isnt..

Not all of them orginated in the US, X-factor started in the UK, as did "America's got Talent" obviously called Britains got Talent, I beleive survivor was dutch, Big Brother was Dutch...and as for American idol...read it an weep...British show originally

http://en.wikipedia....i/American_Idol

Cant figure out whether you are trying to troll or just dont get out very often..

Bachelor, Jersey Shore, Ultimate Fighter all started in the USA, lets not even start comparing international blockbusters..stop before I sleep bro!~

At the end of the day the person making a bucketload of money is the Dutch guy who started a lot of the shows you blokes are arguing about and has gone on to sell the international rights for the formats to many countries around the world ! if you look on you tube for any of the programs by name you will get videos from here there and everywhere and you will see that apart from minor details the sets are virtually identical whereever the show/s are produced , this is all part of the licenscing agreements for the shows to be broadcast in the various countries around the globe .

He is probably just an ... American

People there are also convinced that Airbus and Lexus are american brands ...

Edited by JurgenG

He is probably just an ... American

People there are also convinced that Airbus and Lexus are american brands ...

Well there was one of the colonial cousins who suggested yesterday that the jet engine was invented in the Land O free as well

The US topples the UK in the creative department by a landslide.....

Nonsense! In order to truly be in our league you'll need to have sent Neil Armstrong to the moon.......on a hang-glidersmile.png

Back on topic; I note soundtracks of popular films/series (Titanic, Band of Brothers, Pearl HarboUr) accompany Thai soaps with annoying frequency whenever I skip through the channels.

Edited by evadgib

If you can get hold of an original 1993 edition of Microsoft Encarta there are a number of US 'inventions' that others invented first. IIRC they include the jet engine, RADAR and hovercraft all of which are European if not British.