American Tv Shows Copied By Thailand

omnilangur

Next up is MOVIES AND MUSIC.........Australia has NOTHING. The UK aint Bad, but the USA has the best movies in the world!

That's a bit of an ethnocentric statement don't you think?

I am sure if it was put to a worldwide vote, Bollywood would trounce the yanks, as would the Hong Kong movie industry with all the Chinese votes.

Country music and gangsta rap disqualifies the US on any music front.

Yes, especially about the music, but man that Bollywood crap is completely repetitive and totally uncreative; as is much (not all) of China's contributions

You got to give the US credit for Hollywood, maybe not for edifying content, but definitely for continually raising the bar technologically and visually.

Checkout the BOX office earning of American Movies compared with any in the world NO NEED for world wide vote, the earnings PROVE my point and Music with hip hop rock and country taking america off the map its still puts the USA as NUMBER 1 again in Profit! I agree just look at a beautiful movie like Avatar and compare it with anything else ever seen in another country?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the creator of Avatar is Canadian James Cameron, But it is still an example of the high level of technical achievement that comes from Hollywood.

Movies seem to have no limits anymore in what they can create, it is a golden age for visual effects.

Checkout the BOX office earning of American Movies compared with any in the world NO NEED for world wide vote, the earnings PROVE my point and Music with hip hop rock and country taking america off the map its still puts the USA as NUMBER 1 again in Profit! I agree just look at a beautiful movie like Avatar and compare it with anything else ever seen in another country?

The fact that a movie makes a lot of money doesn't necessarily make it a good movie. Good movies tell stories.

• Like 1

most of these started as U.S. franchises. google mipcon if you want to know about global tv program sales.

If you compare the number of TV shows and Movies that have gone famous overseas, you can STARE up to the Statue of Liberty......

But not

X factor

Who wants to be a millionaire

The Office

Got Talent

Big Brother

Idol

And these were the content of your original post......plus some more

btw all of these shows are crap IMO...but not septic born......be happy about that at least laugh.png

Next up is MOVIES AND MUSIC.........Australia has NOTHING. The UK aint Bad, but the USA has the best movies in the world!

We rule the world for music......Give me American comparisons with the following

Led Zep

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

...just for starters

• Like 2

To summarize a couple of previous posts, British, Canadians, Chinese, Indians ... even the French, all know how to make (good) movies. But Americans know how to make money.

Does it sound fair enough ?

Yes but they like the world to know this also :)

• Like 1

We rule the world for music......Give me American comparisons with the following

Led Zep

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

...just for starters

and although I am not a Aussie...but

AC DC (Yes I know the brother's Young were born in Scotland)

MADMAX movies

• Like 1

Anyone seen The Sinking of the Laconia ? it tells a great story and is so well done IMO. I don't think Hollywood focuses much on history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ4YKxbSOf8&list=PLC5B2F97D33DEDD21&feature=plcp

Edit: It is long a long movie 3 hours and should auto play with the above link.

Edited by WilliaminBKK

Thailand copies American shows because they have no substance and are dead easy to copy. The British dramas for example, would be far too difficult, the plots not understood and they don't have enough money to put in all the fine detail. smile.png

• Like 1

Thailand copies American shows because they have no substance and are dead easy to copy. The British dramas for example, would be far too difficult, the plots not understood and they don't have enough money to put in all the fine detail. smile.png

Which is the same reason America copies these British shows.

Which is the same reason America copies these British shows.

.............badly wink.png

• Like 1

To summarize a couple of previous posts, British, Canadians, Chinese, Indians ... even the French, all know how to make (good) movies. But Americans know how to make money.

Scorcese, Altman, Coppola, Eastwood, Allen, Lynch, Malick, Sayles, Spielberg...need I say more? And if you don't know the work of these directors, maybe you shouldn't be flapping your gums about how terrible American movies are. And I haven't even started on the great American film makers who have already passed away.

Scorcese, Altman, Coppola, Eastwood, Allen, Lynch, Malick, Sayles, Spielberg...need I say more? And if you don't know the work of these directors, maybe you shouldn't be flapping your gums about how terrible American movies are. And I haven't even started on the great American film makers who have already passed away.

American movies are great.

American sit coms died with Archie Bunker (a copy of Alf Garnett)

Didn't enjoy Frasier, Seinfeld, Modern Family, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or Arrested Development?

Didn't enjoy Frasier, Seinfeld, Modern Family, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or Arrested Development?

Frasier was funny - the others didn't make it to the UK - except for the overrated Seinfield (IMO)

I agree American Movies are the best - but they have some huge budget to assist also.

NO

NO

Fair enough.

So what does it for you?

The acclaimed British comedies I see (Little Britain, AbFab, Catherine Tate, Gavin & Stacey, etc.) don't do much for me, either. To say nothing of the likes of the even lower-brow Mr. Bean and Benny Hill.

Monty Python, yes...but that was 40 years ago now. Black Adder, yes.

Nothing more recent than that, at least that I've seen.

I would be happy to have you recommend something.

Edited by NewlyMintedThai

US Sitcoms last hurrah was Seinfeld. Although it likely does not appeal to the British sense of humor.

The only thing TV has going these days are the non network series made by HBO and others. but a lot of these are only 13 episodes a year so quality over quantity I guess. It is a long wait now for the next Mad Men and Game of Thrones, but Dexter is back.

Led Zep

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

...just for starters

Game set match, as far as music is concerned; although these are representative of an era gone by sad.png .

Led Zep

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

...just for starters

Game set match, as far as music is concerned; although these are representative of an era gone by sad.png .

...and all based on a derivation of an American musical genre.

Led Zep

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

...just for starters

We could say that all American creativity is based on the English language but that would be petty :)

The X Factor and American Idol, but 'The Voice' America's Got Talent', the bachelor, survivor, etc all started in the USA. Don't even attempt to try and compare whose more original, The US topples the UK in the creative department by a landslide.....

All these shows are horrible, certainly nothing to rally around the flag over

Its a bit like trying to take credit for having the smelliest fart...

• Like 1

We could say that all American creativity is based on the English language but that would be petty :)

And nonsensical, since we're talking about music.

There would be no Stones, Beatles, Who, etc. without Little Richard, Elvis, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, and countless American bluesmen who preceded them.

And Messrs Jagger, McCartney, and Townshend would be the first to admit it.

Led Zep

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

...just for starters

Did America invent music too?

We could say that all American creativity is based on the English language but that would be petty smile.png

And nonsensical, since we're talking about music.

There would be no Stones, Beatles, Who, etc. without Little Richard, Elvis, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, and countless American bluesmen who preceded them.

And Messrs Jagger, McCartney, and Townshend would be the first to admit it.

Music/Lyrics...language/nuances.

I agree about the influences and in turn there were some decent bands influenced by the Brit invasion - alas these days there are scarce few decent bands on either side of the pond.

I blame X factor...hang on that's how this thread started smile.png

Edited by chonabot