Internet Connection Stable And Very Good?

Easyliving

Hey guys,

Im daytrader intending of moving to Phuket. Most likely Kata Beach area around. At least I loved it there when I was there last time.

How about Internet connections these days? I haven’t found a recent post about Internet connections and about STABILITY. To me speed is not the most important but stability! No disconnections. Not even for seconds would be great.

Is there great Internet connection to get? Price doesn’t matter too much. What is the best possible? What can I expect?

Thanks in advance for advice

Love

Easyliving

Please don't. Judging by your first posts, your going to hate it.

And FYI, daytrading is working so you need a work permit to be legal, which I am sure you aren't planning to get.

I agree with NMJ, your question in your first post could have been a bit more tame or at least put a bit more polite, don't tar everyone with the same brush, as for you being a trading i'd like to know your portfolio in general, cos buy your first post and being a day trader i have to disagree with some and say you'll fit right in, as for the work permit, build a sanctuary, lead cased, wall to wall LCD TV's, i guess you'll have a picture of a super car as a incentive,super model, a mansion, ssh-peel that you've never lost a dim dealing, tomorrows always going to land the mother load regarding a financial return and you'll be OK, as for the internet, i trade just fine with mine offtopic2.gif a bit

" I haven’t found a recent post about Internet connections and about STABILITY."

Simple reason is there is no stability with any Internet connection in Phuket.

" What can I expect? "

Not a great deal without a lot of good luck, which seems a bit thin on the ground ATM.

You could try by buying your own ISP, even that would be fraught with frustration. First suggestion would be to change your nick to something like "Tearinmyhairout", might help to cope with what follows.

Easyliving / Daytrading / Phuket / STABILITY, it all seems a bit of an oxymoron to me.

My advice would be to stay put and come to Phuket / Kata for holidays only. Far less risk.

check the speeds for phuket here.

http://www.khunwoody...internet-speed/

3bb is stable in phuket town. only twice down in the last 4 years. premiere line will do it.thumbsup.gif

my international speeds are constant 3 down / 0.9 up. fast enough for your intention.

We use 3bb in rawai and its a lot better than TOT in chalong, only been down 3 times in 18 months, in Chalong it stopped working weekly on average with TOT

I do not see anything impolite in the OP's query & I am sure there are quite a few online traders living in Phuket, I know some & on rare occasion I do so myself.

Do not believe the advertised speeds as TOT for one have admitted that international connections are limited to 10% of their advertised download speed. I have a 10 down/3up Fibre 2 U connection & last night when my TV connection was down it was virtually impossible to watch the cricket broadcast via internet streaming. Using Woody's speed checker I have not even had a 1Mb download speed for ages as it is usually much lower. Having said this I do find my package with TOT to be very reliable in terms of virtually no down time.

In Phuket TOT have two separate lines around the island, one for fibre & another for ADSL but after Phuket they get combined into a single line so the bottleneck already starts there. Until the 7th Oct last year TOT's speeds were in line with their advertised speeds but the following day it was like someone flipped a switch & download speeds went to 10% of what they were.

BTW if using Woody's site do not believe the LA connection as the providers are cheating with this, I think they call it caching.

Edited by Valentine

3BB does seem to be the most stable these days. My much more expensive True connection may be faster but there are more outages. Bringing in a cheap 3BB connection purely for backup shortly.

Don't forget power cuts as well. Not uncommon especially during the rainy season. Make sure you get a 3g backup.

And FYI, daytrading is working so you need a work permit to be legal, which I am sure you aren't planning to get.

You're joking.....right?

I doubt it, after all he legally would require a workpermit.

......and prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

Nobody will check and I bet there isn't a single day trader in Thailand that has a work-permit. Let's be realistic here. It's not like taking a job off a Thai and it's completely invisible.

• Like 1

You're joking.....right?

I doubt it, after all he legally would require a workpermit.

......and prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

Nobody will check and I bet there isn't a single day trader in Thailand that has a work-permit. Let's be realistic here. It's not like taking a job off a Thai and it's completely invisible.

Yes, agree with that, but even though he still officially requires a workpermit.

I do not see anything impolite in the OP's query & I am sure there are quite a few online traders living in Phuket, I know some & on rare occasion I do so myself.

Do not believe the advertised speeds as TOT for one have admitted that international connections are limited to 10% of their advertised download speed. I have a 10 down/3up Fibre 2 U connection & last night when my TV connection was down it was virtually impossible to watch the cricket broadcast via internet streaming. Using Woody's speed checker I have not even had a 1Mb download speed for ages as it is usually much lower. Having said this I do find my package with TOT to be very reliable in terms of virtually no down time.

In Phuket TOT have two separate lines around the island, one for fibre & another for ADSL but after Phuket they get combined into a single line so the bottleneck already starts there. Until the 7th Oct last year TOT's speeds were in line with their advertised speeds but the following day it was like someone flipped a switch & download speeds went to 10% of what they were.

BTW if using Woody's site do not believe the LA connection as the providers are cheating with this, I think they call it caching.

V, think you misunderstood, the OP had started another thread before this one, which to say the least was a bit close to the knuckle, the mod quite rightly locked it, wish i could find a Aircard (sim dongle) that lived up to it's 3G hype, does phuket (thailand) really have 3G speed regarding aircards. wai.gif

Connections are reasonable stable. Considering you take daytrading seriously you have a back up line and mobile phone at hand. Disregard the work permit nonsense.

2 lines hardly break down at the same time and in case there is a power black out you have your phone to call the trade desk (putting stops in place might also be an optionsmile.png ). Have been trading here since almost 15 years and even that time internet was good enough.

• Like 1