Red Bull Heir Pays Bt3M To Victim's Family

Lite Beer

Red Bull heir pays Bt3m to victim's family

THE NATION

30191134-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The family of Pol Snr Sgt-Major Wichien Klanprasert, who was run over by Red Bull heir Worrayuth Yoovidhya's Ferrari last month, have agreed to an out-of-court settlement of Bt3 million, police said.

Thong Lor investigator Pol Lt-Colonel Wiradol Taptimdee said police investigators were still waiting for detailed results after an initial blood test showed that Worrayuth might have consumed a narcotic substance. They are also waiting for forensic results on the car and the speed at which it was going when it hit the policeman's motorbike. Wiradol said the results should be revealed soon and the case should be concluded by the end of this month.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-25

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thong Lor investigator Pol Lt-Colonel Wiradol Taptimdee said police investigators were still waiting for detailed results after initial blood test showed that Worrayuth might have consumed a narcotic substance.

They are still waiting yeah? How are the odds that the results will get lost in the postal service

• Like 1

Cheap deal at twice the price much like the family of the driver.

,3 million baht for a life,no doubt that will be covered in a twelve hour sales period..

Multiply by ten and then it might actually be worth something, however it isn't going to bring back the victim is it ?

Let's wait and see if the matter actually progresses to court and what if any the verdict and ensuing sentence may be.

Edited by siampolee

Seems to be a bad deal for the family because the copper was in the rank of a senior sergant major.

I assume, that his annual wages until his retirement, would add up to more than the 3 Mio the family

has settled for.

Also the pension he would have received, when retiring, should have been considered as well.

Somebody should really advise them to cancel this agreement immediately and go for a higher amount.

lol

3 million baht. What a joke. Me in my fantasy dreams actually thought the amount to pay of the victim's family would be a lot higher.

You can get thrown in the jug for posting something on the internet about someone, I read that the penalty for being an illegal tour guide is some obscene amount... but if you are loaded, or from a loaded family, you can kill a person with your car and basically be penalized pocket money. Pocket money does not hurt! Pathetic.

The hate of the rich never stops for you guys at your stonetables outside 7-eleven.sad.png As some of the posters above are longstayers here, they should be well aware of this is the way doing things in Thailand, whether you are rich of poor. Go to your local policestation every day of the week, and you will see many accidents being settled by paying a few thousend bath to the victims. And the perpetrator and the victim leaving the copshop together, big wais and smiles all around, because most importantly, noone lost face.

Btw I think, that 3M baht is very generous for an unmarried cop with no kids, meaning the money will go to his aging parents, securing them some good last days. The Thai way, for better or worse!wai.gif

sad very sad

• Like 1

Ahh well the norm.. 3 million from that rich family is like a 100 baht to us.. shud av been made to pay 50 mill.

Sadly - to this guy - not even 1 Baht or a 10th or 1/100th of a Baht. As to Soi4's thinking this is a generous offer, my response to that is how pathetic. The restitution to the family is not about what a court orders or endorses, it is about doing the right thing. In this case, way off base.

lol

3 million baht. What a joke. Me in my fantasy dreams actually thought the amount to pay of the victim's family would be a lot higher.

You can get thrown in the jug for posting something on the internet about someone, I read that the penalty for being an illegal tour guide is some obscene amount... but if you are loaded, or from a loaded family, you can kill a person with your car and basically be penalized pocket money. Pocket money does not hurt! Pathetic.

What you don't get here, is that is not money ordered paid by anyone. This money paid by the Red Bull family of their own free will! For a family that rich, ofcourse you can always discuss the amount?? But this has got nothing whatsoever to do with the upcoming courtcase. As for the internet-thing, I agree with you 100%.
  • Like 1

The hate of the rich never stops for you guys at your stonetables outside 7-eleven.sad.png As some of the posters above are longstayers here, they should be well aware of this is the way doing things in Thailand, whether you are rich of poor. Go to your local policestation every day of the week, and you will see many accidents being settled by paying a few thousend bath to the victims. And the perpetrator and the victim leaving the copshop together, big wais and smiles all around, because most importantly, noone lost face.

Btw I think, that 3M baht is very generous for an unmarried cop with no kids, meaning the money will go to his aging parents, securing them some good last days. The Thai way, for better or worse!wai.gif

However distasteful this is, the key point is here, the family have negotiated this amount, with all the publicity around this case, one assumes they could gone for a significant amount and yet they havent, they have been made an offer and accepted, no nowhere in the article does it say that the amount paid is a pay off in lieu of criminal proceedings...

So why dont you guys save your mock outrage for another day

Do you think the policeman's family negotiated this amount without exterior pressure?

-mel.