Expats -- Are You Married To A Local Women?

DrWho

Though I've only been here for a short time, I've noticed that very many expats are married to local women.

I've met a few men (particularly from Australia and the UK) who have Thai brides.

My wife is English. We've been together for 16 years. So I'm not "in the market" for a Thai bride.

Out of very polite curiosity, what's the appeal of a Thai bride?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this is what you mean by starting a new topic...again.

Hint, before you get the urge to enlighten us all with topics like "I am young and my toy poodle humps my leg all the time" and similar subject matters that you feel are important, have a gander through [sortKey]=date&cType=forum&cId=2&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_term=are+you+married&search_app=forums&st=0"]http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=ecf65f2c424aa9d589360969943de467&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&cType=forum&cId=2&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_term=are+you+married&search_app=forums&st=0 and pick one out that suits your spur of the moment feelings.

OP...

I've met a few men (particularly from Australia and the UK) who have UK brides.

My wife is Thai. We've been together for 8 years. So I'm not "in the market" for an English bride

Out of very polite curiosity, what's the appeal of a English bride?

I think he is thinking of trading in for a newer model. Hope his wife doesnt read TV much.

OP...

My wife is Thai. We've been together for 8 years. So I'm not "in the market" for an English bride

Clever!

• Like 1

OP...

I think he is thinking of trading in for a newer model. Hope his wife doesnt read TV much.

If ones believes anything he says, then he's already been trawling in Sukhumvit...... but that is a BIG if. His posts remind me strongly of someone who has recently disappeared from Tv..... If it walks like a duck.....

OP...

Clever!

Now you are getting the hang of things. Instead of acting like a spoiled prat every time someone disagrees with you, just let it slide off your back like a duck would with water. you dont want people calling you DrNoNo do you?

If it looks like a turd, it must float, therefore it's made of wood, if its made of wood she must be a witch....

• Like 2

OP...

Spot on! he's sick of being married to a cyberman

Sorry if you want to ask more questions, I suggest you start a new topic. Going off topic on your own topic is not how things are done around here. Maybe the norm down Singapore way, but around here we have standards. Not high ones, but standards nonetheless wink.png

A reasonable attempt at humour.

But a fail, nonetheless.

Feel free to try again when you've had a bit more coffee.

Sorry if you want to ask more questions, I suggest you start a new topic. Going off topic on your own topic is not how things are done around here. Maybe the norm down Singapore way, but around here we have standards. Not high ones, but standards nonetheless wink.png

A reasonable attempt at humour.

But a fail, nonetheless.

Feel free to try again when you've had a bit more coffee.

you better hurry up or that big presentation you are making for your meeting today or it will end up like most of your posts on here...rushed, ill thought out, lacking in details, and barely comprehensible.

if you keep replying to me instead of fixing the error of your ways, don't blame me that the whole office will be sitting there in silence while you read word after word of every slide on your ppt. Take a look around during your presentation today, see how many people are chatting away on their phones via facebook to the effect of 'man this guy is boring me to tears'. if you see more than 30% of the audience doing this, skipped to the learnings slide at the end, assuming there is one and wrap it up quick quick..

Lame.

Ok last attempt Mr. Gold Finger...

Perhaps if you spent more time on your presentation that you are whinging about having to do instead of subjecting yourself to damage of the cranial variety on here, you wouldnt have to whinge about not having your presentation done.

But as an ex singapore expat I am sure you figured this all out on your own. My hope is you don't manufacture critical aircraft components for a living.

• Like 2

I guess this is what you mean by starting a new topic...again.

Hint, before you get the urge to enlighten us all with topics like "I am young and my toy poodle humps my leg all the time" and similar subject matters that you feel are important, have a gander through http://www.thaivisa....app=forums&st=0 and pick one out that suits your spur of the moment feelings.

Oh God, go to bed. You are pathetic.

I am just waking up mate. Stick around and I will do my best to keep you entertained all day.

For the record, to answer your question. Yes.

Why do you wake up so early?

It's 3H59. I'm awake because I have to prepare some BORING presentations.

My driver will take take me to the BTS at 6H00, and I'll be the first the office.

But why aren't you asleep?

Judging by the contents of your posts, you must be under a lot of stress.

Edited by Beetlejuice

To answer your question, we have been together 22 years and married for 19 of them. By the way, she's not my 'Thai bride' ...., she's my 'wife' and over the years has become as Aussie as I am. Naturally, you'll be unable to comment on that though because (according to YOUR other thread) no man should do so about another's wife.

Pull your skirt down a bit OP - your agenda's showing.

Edited by Songhua
  • Like 2

OP...

Clever!

Perhaps so, but you didn't answer the question.

Out of very polite curiosity, what's the appeal of a Thai bride?

I don't know what the appeal of any bride of any nationality is. it seems like most married men can't either. it is like you went into a state of unconsciousness and then awake years later and ask yourself how you got to where you are and have not a clue. blink.png

OP...

Clever!

Perhaps so, but you didn't answer the question.

Bump, I agree. Are you afraid to answer?