All I See Is Complaints

Dielie

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 40 is young, I'm happy with that.

If 5 years living in Thailand still has me wear rose tinted glasses, I'm happy with that too.

Happy happy happy biggrin.png !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

40 is young ! Middle age now begins at 55 :

The age at which ‘middle age’ kicks in has grown steadily older. A new survey suggests that the age which people consider themselves to be ‘middle aged’ has crept up to 55.

In relation to ‘middle age’, the

BBC reports that it the past people regarded themselves as middle aged at the comparatively young age of 36 years. With the new survey a sizeable number (around 20%) considered that middle age did not begin until someone had reached sixty years old.

The survey also indicates that the age that people first regard themselves as ‘elderly’ has hit close to 70 years old (the average was 69 years and 277 days old). This also suggests that ‘middle age’ spans a 15 years period (from 55 to 70 years)

Read more:

http://digitaljourna.../article/333098

Edited by JurgenG

If 5 years living in Thailand still has me wear rose tinted glasses, I'm happy with that too.

The age at which ‘middle age’ kicks in has grown steadily older. A new survey suggests that the age which people consider themselves to be ‘middle aged’ has crept up to 55.

BBC reports that it the past people regarded themselves as middle aged at the comparatively young age of 36 years. With the new survey a sizeable number (around 20%) considered that middle age did not begin until someone had reached sixty years old.

The survey also indicates that the age that people first regard themselves as ‘elderly’ has hit close to 70 years old (the average was 69 years and 277 days old). This also suggests that ‘middle age’ spans a 15 years period (from 55 to 70 years)

comment

Read more:

http://digitaljourna.../article/333098

I was scolded for using "the age card" so I guess that I'm forbidden to comment.

Edited by kennedy

I've been reading the articles on Thai Visa now for quite some time. When it comes to replies I estimate that 80% are in a negative manner towards Thais/Thailand. Most, if not all, of these posts are from foreigners living in Thailand.

And then I wonder, if all you can do is complain how corrupt Thailand is and how stupid some policies are, and whatever else you hate, why don't you pack up your sh!t and leave? Too many visitors on TV seem to have too much time on their hands. There are lots of other countries where it's cheap and where there's sunshine (and where you might be able to find yourselves a gf).

Enjoy your stay!

And when you lived in your country of birth, all you ever did is praise the place?

Thailand is way better than my country of birth, but there are a few negative things about it, and I reserve the right to complain about them. I also suspect your levels of comprehension when reading those posts.

Anyway feel free to explain to us how good the Thai education system is, how honest Thai police and politicians are, and how wonderful Thai parents are for sending their daughters to work in hooker bars and living off the proceeds. (not all of course, just some)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The bible defines our ages young, middle-aged and old. A man's life being three score years and ten (aka 70)

Divide that roughly into three parts, 0-23 young, 23-47 middle-aged, 47-70 old.

Unless your survey was sanctioned by God, I'm sticking with his definition. How easy is that?

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The bible defines our ages young, middle-aged and old. A man's life being three score years and ten (aka 70)

Unless your survey was sanctioned by God, I'm sticking with his definition. How easy is that?

I started reading the Bible many years ago.If I had continued after the first page, I think I would have been dead by the time I had finished.

Yes the Brits are a bunch of whingeing Pohms .... BUT... I love the way they can take the piss out of themselves clap2.gif

You spelt Poms wrongly. Bloody Antipodeans, mangling the Queen's English. Goodness knows how they'd spell if they ever became a republic...

SC

• Like 1

Is he still here? You mean all those T shirts I saw in the 1960's were wrong?

In relation to ‘middle age’, the BBC reports that it the past people regarded themselves as middle aged at the comparatively young age of 36 years. With the new survey a sizeable number (around 20%) considered that middle age did not begin until someone had reached sixty years old.

Is he still here? You mean all those T shirts I saw in the 1960's were wrong?

Unlike the Koran, the Bible is not the word of God (New Testament, anyway). Its the word of various apostles, who couldn't even agree on how many sandwiches in a picnic. From the paintings I've seen, they were all fairly young fellas, who probably thought anyone over thirty was a dirty old man, if our posters on this forum are typical of young chaps.

SC

And when you lived in your country of birth, all you ever did is praise the place?

Thailand is way better than my country of birth, but there are a few negative things about it, and I reserve the right to complain about them.

Absolutely and if people cannot understand this point then they are either naive or a bit thick.

• Like 1

Thailand is way better than my country of birth, but there are a few negative things about it, and I reserve the right to complain about them.

Absolutely and if people cannot understand this point then they are either naive or a bit thick.

Or a Farang. laugh.png

Or a Farang. laugh.png

Or a Thai. My Thai lady complains about the government, the corruption, drivers, too much rain, too little rain, too many ads on TV, how expensive everything is, etc, etc.

Or a Farang. laugh.png

Or a Thai. My Thai lady complains about the government, the corruption, drivers, too much rain, too little rain, too many ads on TV, how expensive everything is, etc, etc.

+1 She swears in English, when driving her motorbike, at foreigners who have adopted Thai driving habits - always funny when she describes their reaction

Edited by simple1

Or a Farang. laugh.png

ditto

Yes the Brits are a bunch of whingeing Pohms .... BUT... I love the way they can take the piss out of themselves clap2.gif

You spelt Poms wrongly. Bloody Antipodeans, mangling the Queen's English. Goodness knows how they'd spell if they ever became a republic...

SC

Sorry SC... we in Orstrailiar understand that when British prisoners were transported to penal colonies, the were know as

Prisoners Of His Majesty ...POHM...or plural... POHMS...or possessive case POHM's ....or a plural possessive POHMS'

tongue.png

• Like 1

SC

Sorry SC... we in Orstrailiar understand that when British prisoners were transported to penal colonies, the were know as

Prisoners Of His Majesty ...POHM...or plural... POHMS...or possessive case POHM's ....or a plural possessive POHMS'

tongue.png

Well, you're the first Australian I've seen spell it thus, but I suppose every innovation has to start somewhere. I dread to think up to what grammatical anarchies you might get in your far-flung lands...

SC

I've been reading the articles on Thai Visa now for quite some time. When it comes to replies I estimate that 80% are in a negative manner towards Thais/Thailand

Yes, I totally agree, this forum attracts the old and the bitter expats.

As they say, TiT. Thaivisa is Thaivisa.

I've been reading the articles on Thai Visa now for quite some time. When it comes to replies I estimate that 80% are in a negative manner towards Thais/Thailand

Yes, I totally agree, this forum attracts the old and the bitter expats.

As they say, TiT. Thaivisa is Thaivisa.

Old, hardly. You must not have read the handwashing my clothes thread!

There's nothing wrong with complaining. It's a very effective way of maintaining and raising standards.

Pathological complaining is something quite different. To be an effective pathological complainer you first have to find something that someone can't do anything about and that can't be resolved through the intervention of a third party. You then need to persist in mentally torturing them at every opportunity until you provoke them to anger or violence. Having achieved either of these goals you can then proceed to insist on an apology, without of course having any intention to accept the terms of any apology as sufficient. If an apology is offered you can complain that it has not been expressed in adequate terms and insist that the terms of the apology are revised. The skill of course is in refusing to state the exact terms that you want as this would give the person who is the focus of your complaint the obvious advantage of being able to resolve it.

A classic example, is to complain about someone who snores. You know they don't do it deliberately,you know they do it unconsciously and you know that they are unlikely to be able to resolve it through medical intervention or power of will. You can relax in the knowledge that you can prove it,( you can even tape them to make your point) and also in the knowledge that others will see you as the victim.

Edited by Rajab Al Zarahni

There's nothing wrong with complaining. It's a very effective way of maintaining and raising standards.

Pathological complaining is something quite different. To be an effective pathological complainer you first have to find something that someone can't do anything about and that can't be resolved through the intervention of a third party. You then need to persist in mentally torturing them at every opportunity until you provoke them to anger or violence. Having achieved either of these goals you can then proceed to insist on an apology, without of course having any intention to accept the terms of any apology as sufficient. If an apology is offered you can complain that it has not been expressed in adequate terms and insist that the terms of the apology are revised. The skill of course is in refusing to state the exact terms that you want as this would give the person who is the focus of your complaint the obvious advantage of being able to resolve it.

A classic example, is to complain about someone who snores. You know they don't do it deliberately,you know they do it unconsciously and you know that they are unlikely to be able to resolve it through medical intervention or power of will. You can relax in the knowledge that you can prove it,( you can even tape them to make your point) and also in the knowledge that others will see you as the victim.

Oh, stop grizzling!