Thai South: Vendors Close Shops Out Of Fear Of 'punishment'

webfact

I will not argue the logic of religion, im an atheist so the day off ect is all illogical for me. But you seem to be missing the point that i was making. I made it a few times so i give up.

Your point was obvious, and obviously rebutted / dismissed. There is no such thing as moderate insanity; if you assert that you hold [insert Holy Book here] to be the Word of [insert deity you assert that you defer to here], you will either be exposing yourself to [insert any interpretation of anything here] or you will be forced to recant.

Of course, your interpretation might not concur with the guy who controls the guys that will kill you if you shrug and Inshallah your interpretive differences of opinion away. In which case, you can debate your theological position with yourself as the blood starts being splashed or you can decide whether your "moderacy" is fundamentally important to you after all.

This is really basic game theory. Moderacy = Fundamentalism (in Reality).

Because what fundamentalists are, whether it's pleasant or not to accept, is fundamentally correct.

I'm not an atheist. How could I pretend to know what I cannot know?

I'm an anti-theist. They are pretending not only to know what cannot be known, they are lying about it. Lies are very, very easy to prove false; if I asserted that some god only I could converse with or interpret needed you to do something or stop doing something (like have fun without hurting anybody), the State could - on paper - demand from me some evidence (just one iota) and when I failed to provide supporting evidence for my hate speech against gays, they could - and should - instantly Rest me In Peace.

Of course the State is very tolerant of (insane) self-defeating / hateful / miserable beliefs because the Church created the State and they're both mixed up in the same game; namely, exploiting the power given to them by those they can make to be emotionally insane. The sane do not give their power away. Only the insane imagine they're being shrewd in letting Authoritarian Sociopaths handle all their thinking for them. Historically, they've died at a steady prodigious rate.

Your post comes over as somewhat nihilistic. So interested in your thoughts for the resolution of the conflicts in the Deep South and elsewhere

Edited by simple1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this has nothing to do with Islam, but for control of people. Shops are open, on Friday in Mecca & Madina in Saidi Arabia.

I think you're right. Islam is just a name used by those who want power just as has happened with other religions as well.

It just makes things hard for those who wish to practice their religion peacefully.

As you know I only went to the 3rd grade and a very successful pig farmer. but enough of me.

I was wondering is trouble the in the South because of that terrible movie on You Tube from America.

or Maybe the Palestine's do not have a home land except Jordon

Please help me think correctly

1,951,603 Palestine refugees are located in Jordan, of whom 338,000 are still living in refugee camps. Jordan facilitated citizenship for the majority of the Palestinians. Current situation in the Deep South is related to the desire for autonomy, not that film, nor the Israeli/Palestine conflict. But I'm sure you know this info.

Thanks So they do not want to be part of Jordon. Now I have been reading this normal in a lot of counties they want autonomy. So the answer to you is give them all autonomy that sounds good to me

One more question should all other counties do this.

If they are Jordanian citizens I would of thought they are Jordanian, but would imagine they would still want their own Palestinian state e.g. two state solution under the Oslo Accords. Regards your question on autonomy, sometimes a politically negotiated compromise is better than ongoing killing and conflict. As far as I am aware that's now most conflicts based on a push for autonomy/recognition of equal rights are bought to a conclusion. Perhaps you have a better solution, probably based on kill them all/kick them out of their homeland etc, etc or have I misread you?

I had no idea of solution but your idea of Autonomy to all people is a great idea. Now if rich people in France wanted their own country starting tomorrow. so they will not have to pay taxes to the French Government that is a thing for the rich in France. Maybe they should seek that. The United Nations will have thousands of countries and US will not have to pay as much. I bet we can get 7,000 new countries the first year.

Forcing their will on ordinary folk again. What a peaceful bunch they are.

Are you talking about these terrorists down South or the red shirt terrorists?

So let me get a grip on this fascinating, well thought out theory of yours, you are suggesting the danger to Thais living in Isaan from Red Shirts is similar to that from Muslim terrorists in Pattani? Perhaps you could elucidate?

I think this has nothing to do with Islam, but for control of people. Shops are open, on Friday in Mecca & Madina in Saidi Arabia.

Well what you say may or may not be true I have no personal experience. But I do know the Koran includes the old testament and dosen't that have some thing about closing shops on Saturday? Like the Bible the Koran counterdicts itself. One place it talks of peace and love and then it talks about kill the infidels. Who knows what a terrorist will come up with to justify their actions.

Also there seems to be more than one brand of Islam. I believe the two squared of a few years back in Iran and Iraq and fought a war. Today's Islam is where Christianity was 800 and 900 years ago.It took them a long time to grow out of it.

They.. extreme Muslims are forcing their will on normal Muslims. It's not a bad Muslim / good rest of the world problem. Its an extremist minority against others.

FYI in the middle east all those bombings and killings kill more Muslims as any other religion. Its all an extremist versus normal Muslim kind of thing. Im pretty sure if it was up to the normal Muslims there was no problem.

I have often asked my self if the normal Muslim was against those actions why don't they put an end to it. They know who is doing it and they know the money to support it is not coming from Rome. Are you saying the normal Muslim is as indifferent to it as the normal Thai is to corruption?

The odd thing about this is that the extremists seem to be the only ones who are willing to put up a fight. The Thai fighter is backing away from the fight as he dances around the ring, and the whole crowd on both sides are booing the Thai fighter. A few idiots are booing the Muslim fighter, but it is not sensible to blame the Muslim fighter simply because he is causing trouble that deserves a response. It is more sensible to blame the one who is responsible for ending the Muslim fighter's ability to fight. It reaffirms my conviction that Thais, as single individuals, are cowards at heart and will not resort to violence unless they are driven mad (hence losing any sense of reason and Thai identity and becoming lower than a beast). Even with having 10/1 odds in their favor they still hesitate (thinking only in the individual mindset and not using the group strength to gain a logical and intelligent outcome), and so they take undue punishment until they are... you got it... driven mad. The sum of this figurative mob is equal to 10 individuals gone mad and acting, to all appearances, as an organized group, with the intent to main or kill. However, it has no relevance to an organized group of men acting as a unified whole towards an intelligent outcome. I qualify that with not being able to remember any mention of a Thai ever having taken a swing once and stopped; rather once they take a swing they do not stop until the opposition is unconscious or dead. Even in the unconscious state, the victor cannot resist the temptation to continue stomping on the head of the felled opponent. Madness.

As their problem solving skills in politics, economics and military have been ridiculously demonstrated, I have no doubt that the end solution is not on the immediate horizon, and the path to that solution will involve countless, senseless deaths, disruptions of healthy living and damage to Thailand's positive international image as a Hub.

Here ie a exert from your article.

"It reaffirms my conviction that Thais, as single individuals, are cowards at heart and will not resort to violence unless they are driven mad (hence losing any sense of reason and Thai identity and becoming lower than a beast)"

First you are Thai bashing and secondly you are clueless. This is a thing that is happening all over the world. Even countries where there are no Thai's.

In the United states they had what they refer to as 9 11. In all the Muslim countries they have Muslims killing Muslims as well as non Muslims. In England bombs on subways. All over the world these things are occurring and they all have one common denominator Islam.

One other thing people talk about setting up there own little empire or what ever you want to call it. Why? They have always been a part of a bigger country. They have no idea of how to set up there own country. They would be like those wanna be's in Quebec we don't want to be a part of you but can we use your monetary and mail system.

Edited by hellodolly

Ya sure give them autonomy so the few can tell the many how to live. Next they will not be happy with telling the few in their autonomous fiefdom how to live so they will start to bomb BKK and say they are justified. We are all sinners and deserve to die. Then they won’t be happy with just BKK next the rest of Thailand, then Laos, then Myanmar, then …

My religion says there should be 365 women for me, all young virgins, and the rest of you should have my old women and you should toil every day and give me your earnings. I promise you will go to heaven and be rewarded abundantly (in heaven of course not here on earth). Sign up below if you want to join, please indicate if you are willing to be a suicide bomber or just a run of the mill coward bomber.

• Like 1

They.. extreme Muslims are forcing their will on normal Muslims. It's not a bad Muslim / good rest of the world problem. Its an extremist minority against others.

FYI in the middle east all those bombings and killings kill more Muslims as any other religion. Its all an extremist versus normal Muslim kind of thing. Im pretty sure if it was up to the normal Muslims there was no problem.

I have often asked my self if the normal Muslim was against those actions why don't they put an end to it. They know who is doing it and they know the money to support it is not coming from Rome. Are you saying the normal Muslim is as indifferent to it as the normal Thai is to corruption?

Im saying most normal muslims also don't know and also got shot by extremist. You act like being a Muslim means your privy to all the things the extremist do. I am sure all Catholics knew what the IRA was up too. Just because i am a farang i don't know what all other farang in an area are doing either. Do you get the picture ?

Im saying most normal muslims also don't know and also got shot by extremist. You act like being a Muslim means your privy to all the things the extremist do. I am sure all Catholics knew what the IRA was up too. Just because i am a farang i don't know what all other farang in an area are doing either. Do you get the picture ?

No I don't this is a world wide event. You are talking about local events I am talking about a world wide happening.

In Ireland they knew who the IRA were. In Dublin there was areas you did not go into if you were Catholic and areas you did not go into if you were Protestant.

In the rest of the world makes no difference what your faith or lack of is or where you are. There is always the chance of a Bomb. As I said world wide there is one common denominator Islam. There may be large numbers who do not know who they are but there is large numbers who do know and say nothing.

You talk about the IRA If I remember correctly it was Christians who settled it.

No Muslims involved.

Thing is the army does not seem to be able to do enough to protect people. Would you denounce them in public risking death ? I might if the army was real good at protecting, but not in the state it is here. Would you go against the mob or something like that risking death when its easier to stay silent (unless of course the police could really protect you and such)

You are exactly right and this is why they get away with their outrageous behaviour.

It needs brave men to stand together and denounce the minority.

Until then, the minority will win and the majority will come to curse the day(s) that they did nothing.

The same question could be asked of the normal Catholic during the Troubles in Ireland. When I asked on of my Muslim customers the same question the answer was 'What's it got to do with me? I'm a shopkeeper with a wife and 2 kids. I don't want a holy war - I just want to live a normal life'.

• Like 1

Sounds just like Sunday in the the Christian community I grew up in.

Really? What was the punishment for opening on a Sunday in that community? Being blown up? Beheading? Or just being shot?

Sounds just like Sunday in the the Christian community I grew up in.

Really? What was the punishment for opening on a Sunday in that community? Being blown up? Beheading? Or just being shot?

You ever heard of Belfast

No I don't this is a world wide event. You are talking about local events I am talking about a world wide happening.

In Ireland they knew who the IRA were. In Dublin there was areas you did not go into if you were Catholic and areas you did not go into if you were Protestant.

In the rest of the world makes no difference what your faith or lack of is or where you are. There is always the chance of a Bomb. As I said world wide there is one common denominator Islam. There may be large numbers who do not know who they are but there is large numbers who do know and say nothing.

You talk about the IRA If I remember correctly it was Christians who settled it.

No Muslims involved.

Your IRA remark does not show much knowledge or understanding. The IRA conflict was one of two versions of Christianity and of course Independence. Muslims were no party in this, how do you expect them to get involved. In all the other conflicts Christians Buddists are part of it so they are also part of the solution.

I will repeat it again most deaths by Muslim extremists are other Muslims, this is a fact. So it is in their best interest to help against terrorists. I am also sure this happens just that you don't read about it does not mean it does not exist.

I am also sure there are many Christians even in the Church knowledgeable of child abuse but they remained silent for the image of the Church. No i am not saying 2 wrongs make a right. Just showing its not just the Muslims like you say.

I am also sure there are many people letting the mob get away with it and when i see an other farang shoplifting i don't grab him and wrestle him down. That is not my job.

Why would it be so different for Muslims, just because they have something in common with the terrorist does not make them responsible and they also don't know it all. They can end up dead if they talk. Just like i could end up injured if i stop a farang shoplifter or farang drunk driving a car. Its not my task, i might tell a police officer but then im a rat (seems to be real bad in the UK if your a rat i dont mind it myself if a crime is committed)

I really don't understand why Muslims would have to be held to a higher standard as the rest of us. Must i always be vocal if i see a farang pedophile arrested ? Or can i remain silent because my only connection with him is the color of his skin so i don't care much.

• Like 1

As you know I only went to the 3rd grade and a very successful pig farmer. but enough of me.

I was wondering is trouble the in the South because of that terrible movie on You Tube from America.

Trouble in the South of Thailand is historical and political in nature and nothing to do with general Islamic extremist causes in other parts of the world. Many down there do not feel a part of Thailand culturally and religiously and they want their own separate state as far as I understand it. A hundred years ago or so that land was given to Thailand by the British I believe as the British were exerting influence over land that's now Malaysia. It's important to note that Siam had been exerting influence in the area for some time, as well, before the British got involved.

Basically those provinces of Thailand would make more sense culturally to be a part of Malaysia and for many years there's been different groups down there that hate being a part of Thailand and so they are using violence though they are not completely united as there's different groups carrying out attacks and they are not clearly united in a common goal. What I've read before suggests that for most of them they'd like their own separate little state and not join Thailand.

Whatever the exact goal, it's a restive region.

Edited by Jimjim

Trouble in the South of Thailand is historical and political in nature and nothing to do with general Islamic extremist causes in other parts of the world. Many down there do not feel a part of Thailand culturally and religiously and they want their own separate state as far as I understand it. A hundred years ago or so that land was given to Thailand by the British I believe as the British were exerting influence over land that's now Malaysia. It's important to note that Siam had been exerting influence in the area for some time, as well, before the British got involved.

Basically those provinces of Thailand would make more sense culturally to be a part of Malaysia and for many years there's been different groups down there that hate being a part of Thailand and so they are using violence though they are not completely united as there's different groups carrying out attacks and they are not clearly united in a common goal. What I've read before suggests that for most of them they'd like their own separate little state and not join Thailand.

Whatever the exact goal, it's a restive region.

Your conclusion above regarding an independent state is contracted by the results of the general election last year, every political party except the Democrats campaigned on a platform of autonomy for the region. But the people of the deep South rejected the notion. Of 12 parliamentary seats, 11 went to the Democrats. Source:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Barking-up-the-wrong-tree-in-the-deep-South-30190325.html

They should give them an one-way ticket to Iran and a bag of Rice (lot of rice available in the silos right now)

Afghanistan would be better. Iran is actually a nice place (their government notwithstanding), and their rice is way better than the local stuff (really).

A firm hand is needed here. The Muslim community needs some of its own medicine. Time to draw a line across the sand and move each to its own side. Annex a small chunk of useless land (at the boarder,) build a wall around it and send the trouble makers to live there in exile. Shoot anyone entering back into Thailand.thumbsup.gif

Who decides who are the troublemakers?

All the muslims? Or just the ones who haven't had family members killed?

People who look at you in a funny way? Or those that walk on the cracks in the pavement?

• Like 1

The odd thing about this is that the extremists seem to be the only ones who are willing to put up a fight. The Thai fighter is backing away from the fight as he dances around the ring, and the whole crowd on both sides are booing the Thai fighter. A few idiots are booing the Muslim fighter, but it is not sensible to blame the Muslim fighter simply because he is causing trouble that deserves a response. It is more sensible to blame the one who is responsible for ending the Muslim fighter's ability to fight. It reaffirms my conviction that Thais, as single individuals, are cowards at heart and will not resort to violence unless they are driven mad (hence losing any sense of reason and Thai identity and becoming lower than a beast). Even with having 10/1 odds in their favor they still hesitate (thinking only in the individual mindset and not using the group strength to gain a logical and intelligent outcome), and so they take undue punishment until they are... you got it... driven mad. The sum of this figurative mob is equal to 10 individuals gone mad and acting, to all appearances, as an organized group, with the intent to main or kill. However, it has no relevance to an organized group of men acting as a unified whole towards an intelligent outcome. I qualify that with not being able to remember any mention of a Thai ever having taken a swing once and stopped; rather once they take a swing they do not stop until the opposition is unconscious or dead. Even in the unconscious state, the victor cannot resist the temptation to continue stomping on the head of the felled opponent. Madness.

As their problem solving skills in politics, economics and military have been ridiculously demonstrated, I have no doubt that the end solution is not on the immediate horizon, and the path to that solution will involve countless, senseless deaths, disruptions of healthy living and damage to Thailand's positive international image as a Hub.

Here ie a exert from your article.

"It reaffirms my conviction that Thais, as single individuals, are cowards at heart and will not resort to violence unless they are driven mad (hence losing any sense of reason and Thai identity and becoming lower than a beast)"

First you are Thai bashing and secondly you are clueless. This is a thing that is happening all over the world. Even countries where there are no Thai's.

In the United states they had what they refer to as 9 11. In all the Muslim countries they have Muslims killing Muslims as well as non Muslims. In England bombs on subways. All over the world these things are occurring and they all have one common denominator Islam.

One other thing people talk about setting up there own little empire or what ever you want to call it. Why? They have always been a part of a bigger country. They have no idea of how to set up there own country. They would be like those wanna be's in Quebec we don't want to be a part of you but can we use your monetary and mail system.

It is ignorant, as I have expressed in other posts, to always play the "This is a thing that is happening all over the world" trump card and generalize the varied intellects around the world into one group.

Let me put it this way; a child has a problem and the problem is handed over to you. You solve in minutes what would confound the child for days, and perhaps weeks.

Your logic is the same as saying that all people, all over the world, of all ages and mental development, have the same problems. To complete your train of logic; you are suggesting that there should be one way of solving those problems and that everyone should agree and be happy with that one solution. This is naive and limits all probability of success in problem solving. I choose to dig deeper and shake off the cowardly accusations of the politically correct forces of Murderers, Inc. I find that it becomes distinctly clear that many of the problems that "children" in the world suffer can be directly traced to their intellect, or lack thereof! But you want to call me a "basher" and probably a racist. So be it.

You probably equate an undeveloped country with poor landscaping or excessive old-growth forests, just to play it safe and not seem overly critical.

I suggest that you focus your energies on the logic below the surface of what we are seeing and reading about and divest yourself of your sanctimonious, flag-waving, politically correct views. Face value has always been meaningless without the support of the underlying factors that got us to the consequences of what we are realizing with our senses. Face value, without the underlying factors, is what you are preaching here and using as a platform to accuse me.

Incidentally, stating that "All over the world these things are occurring and they all have one common denominator Islam." is about as naive and ignorant as it gets. Religion is terrorism, as it makes a large group of people seem the same, and seemingly easy to pin the blame or credit on. I focus on the intellect, and leave religion out of it. Any man with honor, regardless of how you perceive their religious beliefs, has every right to seek a reckoning when an intruder in his land shoots his baby girl in the head, or lays a bomb that blows his son's leg off. If you want to appear to justify those aggressive actions against harmless innocents with an excuse as lame as 9/11 or 7/11, then you really are a flag waving, ignorant coward and culpable of murder, in my view. In contrast, the ridiculousness of it all is that you accuse me of bashing galactic stupidity in adults with the mentalities of stiff-necked children.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

A firm hand is needed here. The Muslim community needs some of its own medicine. Time to draw a line across the sand and move each to its own side. Annex a small chunk of useless land (at the boarder,) build a wall around it and send the trouble makers to live there in exile. Shoot anyone entering back into Thailand.thumbsup.gif

Ah the isreali strategy.

that has certainly proven effective

Ah the isreali strategy.

The Israelis did not forcible remove the Palestinians from their homeland, How does the Israeli strategy apply to the Deep South other than the Israelis building a barrier wall to provide more security along the West Bank to reduce the incidents of terrorist attacks in Israeli territory

Ah the isreali strategy.

The Israelis did not forcible remove the Palestinians from their homeland, How does the Israeli strategy apply to the Deep South other than the Israelis building a barrier wall to provide more security along the West Bank to reduce the incidents of terrorist attacks in Israeli territory

Whose homeland? The Native Americans or the Dregs of British Society?

Israeli Territory? When did that happen?

Your rant is full of hypocrisies. The inference to this strategy being applied to the South is legitimate (i.e. there is a lot of truth to it) and I do not feel it out of context, as quite often I read the "This is happening all over the world" trump card used exclusively against the Muslims. That is not fair, I believe. We must observe both the good and bad in all people to find an agreeable solution, and no one should be immune to this scrutiny on any basis.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Ah the isreali strategy.

Whose homeland? The Native Americans or the Dregs of British Society?

Israeli Territory? When did that happen?

Your rant is full of hypocrisies. The inference to this strategy being applied to the South is legitimate (i.e. there is a lot of truth to it) and I do not feel it out of context, as quite often I read the "This is happening all over the world" trump card used exclusively against the Muslims. That is not fair, I believe. We must observe both the good and bad in all people to find an agreeable solution, and no one should be immune to this scrutiny on any basis.

No rant - the context of my post was the comment by a99az "Annex a small chunk of useless land (at the boarder,) build a wall around it and send the trouble makers to live there in exile. Shoot anyone entering back into Thailand". Not sure those territory he is referring to regarding "annexe some land" - logically he is referring to Malaysia & that would be an act of war.

Whose homeland? - Palestinian (remember the two State solution of the Oslo Accords that has yet to be finalised by both parties) In the context of this topic "homeland" of the Thai Muslims in the Deep South or are you agreeing with a99az that the solution is ethnic cleansing?

Israeli Territory? - establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, plus additional territory occupied and retained as a security buffer as a result of the Arab/Israeli wars after 1948

Edited by simple1