Foreigner Shot Dead In Saraburi

coma

would love to see the Thais sort their society out.

Like your society has sorted itself out? No murders there? No gangs? Football hooligans? Drunken drivers and aggressive lager louts?

Get off your high horse for Chrissakes. It's pathetic.

And oh the humanity...a farang killed a day. As if a farang life is so much more bloody valuable than a local's.

Yes, let's clean up society because a foreign man was killed. How bloody arrogant.

You seems to be the arrogant one here..... But then again with such a pseudo.....

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the charts? Stats, please, out of the over 10 million who come here every year?

try opening your eyes perhaps? every email i get from thaivisa in my inbox lists the death or assault of a farang in Thailand.

Even if it is one a day -- which it is not, not even close -- there are over 20 million arrivals in Thailand every year.

The problem is this website doesn't seem to care about anything other than the death of farangs, as if they were some superior creature.

Like your society has sorted itself out? No murders there? No gangs? Football hooligans? Drunken drivers and aggressive lager louts?

And oh the humanity...a farang killed a day. As if a farang life is so much more bloody valuable than a local's.

Yes, let's clean up society because a foreign man was killed. How bloody arrogant.

You seems to be the arrogant one here..... But then again with such a pseudo.....

Why, because I'm the only one that doesn't squawk and flap my hands every time a white man dies?

Try reading a Thai newspaper once in a while for some perspective.

Why, because I'm the only one that doesn't squawk and flap my hands every time a white man dies?

Money doesn't buy class, about time you showed some.

• Like 1

Think for a second how you would feel if it was your mate this is about? Put your keyboard down and go and talk to a real person to garner some perspective on things please.

It is always a horrible tragedy when someone is killed. Whatever their color or national origin.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing also brings out the ugliest "us versus them", "the Thai are out to get farangs", "crime against farang is off the charts", "what an uncivilized society Thailand is" racist garbage that fills most of these pages.

RIP to the victim and condolences to his family. Unfirtunately, happens much too often. Everywhere, and to all kinds of people.

1.2 murders per 100,000 people per year in the UK

20 million visitors to Thailand each year

By UK rates, you could expect over 200 visitors to Thailand to be murdered each year.

Not even "off the charts" by the stats of a "civilized" country like the UK.

Your figure will be seriously understated if you take into account Burmese and Cambodian visitors

By UK rates, you could expect over 200 visitors to Thailand to be murdered each year.

Your figure will be seriously understated if you take into account Burmese and Cambodian visitors

Do you have figures?

Do you have figures?

It's is not 1.2 murders per 100,000 non residents to the UK. Why don't you put up a stat for non residents.

Off the charts? Stats, please, out of the over 10 million who come here every year?

Maybe the stats for those who married/shacked up with bargirls would be better.

I would say that the stats for expats murdered by bargirl wives and girlfriends would be reasonably higher than those expats married to decent educated thai women. A huge difference I would think.

I do read Thai papers..... But is it "farangs" fault again if you tolerate such things in Thailand...

We're talking about a man who was on work assignment here..... Trying to bring a better life to his kid..... and got punished for it..... and apparently a good man.

But Im sure with your high standart its normal...... After all, mai pen rai.....

So, When a "minted Thai" can kill a police officer on Sukhumuvit then Im sure all is acceptable...

Oh and before u ask... Yeah Im off.... tired of dealing with such.......

wai.gif

I would say that the stats for expats murdered by bargirl wives and girlfriends would be reasonably higher than those expats married to decent educated thai women. A huge difference I would think.

Would indeed be an interesting stats...... How many bar girls can afford a hitman?????

Would indeed be an interesting stats...... How many bar girls can afford a hitman?????

10,000 bht, no problem.

I do read Thai papers..... But is it "farangs" fault again if you tolerate such things in Thailand...

We're talking about a man who was on work assignment here..... Trying to bring a better life to his kid..... and got punished for it..... and apparently a good man.

But Im sure with your high standart its normal...... After all, mai pen rai.....

So, When a "minted Thai" can kill a police officer on Sukhumuvit then Im sure all is acceptable...

Oh and before u ask... Yeah Im off.... tired of dealing with such.......

wai.gif

None of it is "acceptable", whether here or back home (yes, plenty of murders happen there, too).

The kid on Sukhumvit is facing criminal charges, or hadn't you heard (even though that case is not murder)?

There is also a doctor being held without bail on murder charges. So?

What makes you think murder is any more "acceptable" here than back home? Thai jails are full of murderers who have been caught and punished (as will the one in this case).

clap2.gif

Do you have figures?

It's is not 1.2 murders per 100,000 non residents to the UK. Why don't you put up a stat for non residents.

What difference does it make who's killed? A murder is a murder. I doubt they even keep such statistics; in most places (except perhaps Thai Visa), a person is a person.

No need for them to be educated, education doesnt make you a better person in that sense.

Every single time? Give me a break.

The Chalerm son case was years and years ago. Some more recent examples should be quite easy to quote, then.

If you'd been living here for more than 5 minutes (assuming you actually live here) I wouldn't need to quote any for you as you'd well know there have been a number of very high profile cases just over the last few years alone.

The Thai press noted that the victim was wearing a pair of Woolworths brand underpants made in South Africa.

I haven't read all the previous posts so I don't know if the man's nationality has already been established.

I'm not saying that just because he was wearing South African underwear that the guy was a South African......but I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be the case.