Foreigner Shot Dead In Saraburi

coma

I am not infering this man was done this way BUT why oh why oh why do so many aged wetern men marry these prostitutes. Just because they look sweet, they fall for it. Imagine driving to kings cross and marrying some brass in her fishnets, it would never happen. I dont know why Thais are so good at the game.

Silly silly men.

Think to yourself, what's the profile of most of these men? Consider their social standing back in their home countries, their personal net worth, their level of intellect and career successes and their age. What are the chances that they can find themselves a subservient woman who will care for them and (initially at least) looks up to them as their knight in shining armour, able to provide a comfortable and secure life for them and their children / extended families?

When a not so affluent farang comes to live in Thailand, they appear rich in the beginning due to the favourable exchange rates. After a while, reality and awareness sets in and the Thai wife realises that this seemingly wealthy farang is actually only middle class or lower in their home countries. He might be able to provide but not the the level the Thai wife had hoped for. So before it's too late and while she still has some appeal to another farang, she tries to get out of her current relationship asap.

Yes, you are right, silly, silly men but hey, don't be too hard on them, they are not much cleverer than your average Thai farmer either.

Oswald does not seem to have fit the loser profile you describe. In fact, he seems like he was a successful, smart guy.

I asked before if anyone knew about the background of the ex-wife, but no one responded. At least that I saw.

I wasn't talking about the victim here. I was responding directly to DonW's post. Sorry for any misunderstanding caused.

To avoid any further misunderstandings about who you are referring to, perhaps you might want to take your sweeping, degrading and presumptuous armchair analysis to a thread which does not discuss the murder of a well respected Expat.

Seriously...

Edited by Insight
  • Like 1

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not infering this man was done this way BUT why oh why oh why do so many aged wetern men marry these prostitutes. Just because they look sweet, they fall for it. Imagine driving to kings cross and marrying some brass in her fishnets, it would never happen. I dont know why Thais are so good at the game.

Silly silly men.

Think to yourself, what's the profile of most of these men? Consider their social standing back in their home countries, their personal net worth, their level of intellect and career successes and their age. What are the chances that they can find themselves a subservient woman who will care for them and (initially at least) looks up to them as their knight in shining armour, able to provide a comfortable and secure life for them and their children / extended families?

When a not so affluent farang comes to live in Thailand, they appear rich in the beginning due to the favourable exchange rates. After a while, reality and awareness sets in and the Thai wife realises that this seemingly wealthy farang is actually only middle class or lower in their home countries. He might be able to provide but not the the level the Thai wife had hoped for. So before it's too late and while she still has some appeal to another farang, she tries to get out of her current relationship asap.

Yes, you are right, silly, silly men but hey, don't be too hard on them, they are not much cleverer than your average Thai farmer either.

I think you have just shown yourself up as one of the people you describe. Certainly Oswald did not fit the particular profile that you are inferring.

Silly silly men.

I think you have just shown yourself up as one of the people you describe. Certainly Oswald did not fit the particular profile that you are inferring.

Once again, I was not referring to Oswald. Read my other post above that explains that I was responding to another poster's post and not to the victim.

Silly silly men.

I wasn't talking about the victim here. I was responding directly to DonW's post. Sorry for any misunderstanding caused.

To avoid any further misunderstandings about who you are referring to, perhaps you might want to take your sweeping, degrading and presumptuous armchair analysis to a thread which does not discuss the murder of a well respected Expat.

Seriously...

I do not know the victim and therefore can't say whether he's well respected or not. Even criminals can be well respected, within their own circles.

"sweeping, degrading and presumptuous armchair analysis"

Really? Know of any genuinely educated, successful expats marrying ex BG's / hookers and expecting a real marriage? My analysis is based on simple and obvious observations of what I see around me daily (and yes, I do live in Thailand).

408119-01.jpg408119-02.jpg

wheres the old bat. How come she isn't on parade with her prized offspring?

Going by one of the earlier Thai newspaper reports she confessed first and was therefore taken into protective custody by the BIB as their prime witness.

I don't think we need to continue the discussion on homicide death rates any more in this topic. Any more posts of this nature will simply disappear without further notice.

thank you for that clap2.gif , pages and pages of conflicting data between a couple of posters IMO all off topic posts, they refused to take their statistical arguments to their own thread after many requests thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Going by one of the earlier Thai newspaper reports she confessed first and was therefore taken into protective custody by the BIB as their prime witness.

Protective custody from whom? Has she struck a deal to give evidence against the offspring and she walks free and they do the time? She takes custody of the grandson and his inheritance and lives happily ever after once she gives the BIB a cut of the inheritance.

I see the Trolls have returned! Oswald had not been living with the black widow, or her nest of vipers guarnted for the 3 years that I knew the man. He would visit his boy when ever he could, which often was not as regularly as he wanted, because of the shennanigans inacted by the family to deny him access. This resulted in him innitiating court proceddings for him to attain FULL CUSTODY of the boy. A case which we all know from here he WON. These deflamatory accusations of abuse were made by these murdering #&$*$@ in court and they were rejected as farcical by the THAI COURTS! Why do SOME insist on stirring up s%&t about things they know to be false?????? Please return to your box!

maybe I missed it but I never saw a posting here regarding a previous custody court case only a mentioned case about the family taking him to court over abuse, just a pity he never got to enjoy his son and equally the son his father, what an environment to be growing up in knowing that your mother granny and uncle murdered your father

She doesn't look to concerned by the whole ordeal. Has quite a confident smirk on her face as if there is nothing to worry about. Not the slightest hint of remorse on her face.

I see the Trolls have returned! Oswald had not been living with the black widow, or her nest of vipers guarnted for the 3 years that I knew the man. He would visit his boy when ever he could, which often was not as regularly as he wanted, because of the shennanigans inacted by the family to deny him access. This resulted in him innitiating court proceddings for him to attain FULL CUSTODY of the boy. A case which we all know from here he WON. These deflamatory accusations of abuse were made by these murdering #&$*$@ in court and they were rejected as farcical by the THAI COURTS! Why do SOME insist on stirring up s%&t about things they know to be false?????? Please return to your box!

maybe I missed it but I never saw a posting here regarding a previous custody court case only a mentioned case about the family taking him to court over abuse, just a pity he never got to enjoy his son and equally the son his father, what an environment to be growing up in knowing that your mother granny and uncle murdered your father

Well lets hope that his family in S.A fight for and are granted custody where he then can be taken abroad and sheltered from the whole ordeal.

Has she struck a deal to give evidence against the offspring and she walks free and they do the time? She takes custody of the grandson and his inheritance and lives happily ever after once she gives the BIB a cut of the inheritance.

Wouldn't suprise me at all.

Nothing in the Thai media about it. They stated that the court hearing was set for Monday the 8th of this month.

Well lets hope that his family in S.A fight for and are granted custody where he then can be taken abroad and sheltered from the whole ordeal.

That would be the best outcome for the child and if he was my nephew I would fight tooth and nail for him. Unfortunately if he is the benificiary of a will I would say that extended thai relatives would be after him and they courts may say he is Thai and should stay in Thailand.

She doesn't look to concerned by the whole ordeal. Has quite a confident smirk on her face as if there is nothing to worry about. Not the slightest hint of remorse on her face.

yeah. I thought that too. As for the oxygen thief in the back of the car, they should have just slammed the door and pushed it into the river.
  • Like 2

Obviously the statements about Oswald hitting anyone are complete bald faced lies.

With due respect, nothing is "obvious" at this point. What goes or went on behind closed doors is not known to any of us here...no matter how much we think we may have known the deceased.

We'll see if any evidence of this alleged abuse can be produced -- not that it will change the fact that someone committed a premeditated murder that was clearly not in self-defense.

'Obvious' in that all that truly knew Oswald, knew the character of the man. A gentle, humble and caring man with INTEGRITY as many posters have refered to. He would not verbally abuse, let alone mishandle someone. So if some people haven't met another individual like that in their lives, or worse, would even doubt the character of their own close friends, i doubt they have any respect for themselves... feel sorry for ya

I am thankful to know lots of people as wonderful as you describe.

I never had the good fortune to meet Oswald, but I'll take your comments about him as the gospel truth if it will make you feel better.

Seriously...

I do not know the victim and therefore can't say whether he's well respected or not. Even criminals can be well respected, within their own circles.

"sweeping, degrading and presumptuous armchair analysis"

Really? Know of any genuinely educated, successful expats marrying ex BG's / hookers and expecting a real marriage? My analysis is based on simple and obvious observations of what I see around me daily (and yes, I do live in Thailand).

You really should quit, the hole you have dug is deep enough and under the circumstances your posts are very disrespectful, not only to Oswald but to those TV members that knew him as a friend. I have absolutely no doubt in a search for information his family members in SA will be reading this very thread.

• Like 1

What a sad waste of life. Rest In Peace, Sir.

Be careful out there people.

Well done to the Police for arresting those responsible for this hideous crime so quickly.

I hope the international press pick up on this and keep an eagle eye over the Thai justice system.

• Like 1

Obviously the statements about Oswald hitting anyone are complete bald faced lies.

With due respect, nothing is "obvious" at this point. What goes or went on behind closed doors is not known to any of us here...no matter how much we think we may have known the deceased.

We'll see if any evidence of this alleged abuse can be produced -- not that it will change the fact that someone committed a premeditated murder that was clearly not in self-defense.

'Obvious' in that all that truly knew Oswald, knew the character of the man. A gentle, humble and caring man with INTEGRITY as many posters have refered to. He would not verbally abuse, let alone mishandle someone. So if some people haven't met another individual like that in their lives, or worse, would even doubt the character of their own close friends, i doubt they have any respect for themselves... feel sorry for ya

I never had the good fortune to meet Oswald, but I'll take your comments about him as the gospel truth if it will make you feel better.

Can you name two?

Not the first time this has happened in Thailand and the newspapers are full of these incidents. . Ex-wife + boyfriend + child = problems.

Oswald knew the risks!

Rest in peace boetie.

http://www.timeslive...und-in-thailand

Oswald knew the risks!

what on earth are you talking about - if he knew the risks there are lots of things in his life that he or for that matter any of us would not do, this gentleman came to LOH met a girl married her had a baby and got murdered for his "known better knew the risks"

The problem in all of this is what will happen now - were you have a system that has closed doors, for some <deleted> obvious reason the court system is none public and therefore corrupt, cases just disappear off the books and are never heard of again unless under extreme diplomatic pressure - another reason why this country is still in the 3rd world even though some people on here think it's a developed democratic state right up there with the best - it isn't and is far from it - in the west the whole judcial process is public - here we see the arrest and then it all goes down a black hole possibly never to be heard of again

I am not confident that anyone will ever hear the truth about how this ends up - I hope that there is enough public and official interest in this case for justice to be served - justice in Thailand ?

I'm not even sure that half of it is just for show

ED sorry for the spelling and shit but I'm not going over it again - most people will understand what I attempted to write

Edited by smedly

Ex-wife admits to SA man’s murder

Durban - The ex-wife of a South African, whose bullet-riddled body was found dumped next to a shallow grave, has confessed to killing him, Thailand's police said on Thursday. Police Chief Lt-Gen Nares Nanphathote told SAPA that Oswald Heinrich Duvel’s ex-wife and her mother had confessed to the murder.

Nanphathote said that the killing appeared to be “a conflict of the family, about the son”. Duvel had been involved in an ongoing custody battle with his ex-wife in the Thai courts. Nanphathote said in broken English his information was that the ex-wife had invited him to sit in her Toyota Fortuner with her mother to discuss a custody agreement. Unbeknown to Duvel, a third person was lying behind the back seat and as they talked, he allegedly fired the three fatal shots.

On its website, the Thai Rath newspaper quoted other police sources on Thursday as saying the man was an adopted brother of Duvel’s ex-wife. Nanphathote said he was hoping the mother of Duvel’s ex-wife would turn State witness when the case went to court.

Continued:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/ex-admits-to-sa-man-s-murder-1.1396740

SAPA - Oct. 4, 2012

Can you name two?

Sure.

Bob and Phil.

Do you really think you're the only one here with wonderful friends?

Apart from hearing that those lowlifes are safely behind bars I would be very interested in hearing what happens to the little boy.

I truly hope there is someone in Oswalds family that can take him away from all of this and provide a decent life for him and the courts don't make him stay here. Hopefully he is young enough to forget it all. It would be a tradgedy if he was to stay here under the care of any one of his Thai relatives given what some of them have already done.

I hope some posters who knew Oswald can share any news about this.

just a thought, if money was an issue I am sure there would be a few of us willing to donate and help get that little boy away from here. At least that way something good may come out of all this. Hopefully any money the boy has left to him get's used in a way that provides a dececnt life for him

I truly hope the guilty ones can rot in jail.

• Like 1

I'll agree with the statistics, though I'd have to say those places "felt" safer and/or less violence-prone. That's the same impression many foreigners I've spoken to have. Maybe our perceptions have been influenced by the media, to lesser and greater extents.

That's exactly it.

Out of curiousity, how long have you lived in Thailand?

Over 25 years. You?

Seems much more dangerous now, in the internet age, when we get to hear about every little thing.

In the past, if it wasn't reported in the papers or didn't happen to someone you know, you never heard about it.

Exactly, nowadays when a plane crash anywhere in the world some people are commenting as if the plane had crashed in their own kitchen!

Sent somehow from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app