Thong Lor Or Langsuan For Living?

MrHammer

If you had your pick which would you choose? Pros and cons for both of course. Thong Lor of course has a lot more nightlife which is cool and also probably has some more restaurants. Langsuan has more green and threes it seems to me and is conviniently closer to more of the city. I really like Soi Ruamrudee for example. Some parts of Thonglor closer to the canal seem far away from the BTS and Thonglor seems to have more traffic as well. Price wise they're probably about the same although Langsuan seems a bit more expensive.

I live in Thonglor right on the canal, means we are close the a good selection of restaurants, and being on the canal there is no noise from through traffic, there is the noise from the boats though.

As you say Thonglor can get pretty busy, though we drive through the rat runs. There is a 7 Baht bus service that runs from the canal to the BTS, and if your brave enough there are plenty of motorcycle taxis.

We have been here for four years, the only thing that concerns me is the number of new build condos popping up in many sub sois, this may well increase the level of traffic in the near future.

• Like 1

for me..no contest between the two..Langsuan is the best....better cozy green and walkable neighborhood feel for me...one way street...

(also getting better and better...Central Chidlom flagship, Central Embassy/Park Hyatt coming up, Waldorf-Astoria coming up, Mercury Tower retail podium being renovated, even more restaurants, cafes and spas coming in (e.g., Crepes & Co just moved in from Sukhumvit--one of the best Starbucks) Privy Purse/Crown Bureau property being renovated...right at Chidlom BTS station, hop away from Central World on one end and Lumpini Park on the other...fantastic hotels (e.g., Renaissance, Marriott Mayfair, Muse, Capehouse, Centerpoint, Naturalville, Four Seasons, St Regis, Hyatt Erawan, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn) and amenities nearby etc. etc.)....also much easier if you work in financial Sathorn/Wireless/Silom zone....

but dont get me wrong...Thonglor/Ekkamai is good for occasional clubbing and eating... but for living...no contest...

Out of interest what is the number of the bus that does Thonglor between BTS-canals-BTS?

Not sure if it has a number, they are small red buses, not mini buses, that run a shuttle service up and down Thonglor.

They start about 100 meters from the BTS, on the left along Thonglor, just past the motorcycle taxi base. They leave every ten minutes or so and can be flagged down anywhere along the road. They continue to the u-turn before the canal, from where the return journey starts.

• Like 1

for me..no contest between the two..Langsuan is the best....better cozy green and walkable neighborhood feel for me...one way street...

(also getting better and better...Central Chidlom flagship, Central Embassy/Park Hyatt coming up, Waldorf-Astoria coming up, Mercury Tower retail podium being renovated, even more restaurants, cafes and spas coming in (e.g., Crepes & Co just moved in from Sukhumvit--one of the best Starbucks) Privy Purse/Crown Bureau property being renovated...right at Chidlom BTS station, hop away from Central World on one end and Lumpini Park on the other...fantastic hotels (e.g., Renaissance, Marriott Mayfair, Muse, Capehouse, Centerpoint, Naturalville, Four Seasons, St Regis, Hyatt Erawan, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn) and amenities nearby etc. etc.)....also much easier if you work in financial Sathorn/Wireless/Silom zone....

but dont get me wrong...Thonglor/Ekkamai is good for occasional clubbing and eating... but for living...no contest...

Totally agree with the above and if you include Ratchadamri in the greater Langsuan area, you can get a view of the Royal Sports Club.

post-119133-0-78308600-1349319862_thumb.