2013 Platinum Px250 Enduro 67,000B

NomadJoe

I guess I'm just doing alot of heavy braking,just checked the crf pads there not as worn as I thought probably about 3mm left after covering 4000km ,don't think I'd get too 13,000km with them obviously everyones wear rate will be difffetent depending on how you ride ,13000 and 27000 is pretty good wear rates.

I also wore out the rear tyre at around 3000km I guess I just abuse my bike more than some on here.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you upload some pictures of your bike, like to see how it looks after your mods

Don t want resend them so here a link to the photos i placed last year here in this forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/529604-platinum-you-get-where-you-pay-for/

Since then only the chain is changed and build/install the electronics for for the front lights.

Regards wai2.gif

Maybe it's done all those km while strapped to a trailer and towed by a car,I am finding it hard to believe some of these comments ,my Honda click has new pads around every 6 months and my crf has 3,900 km on it and the front pads are pretty worn....,

I can only say..... learn to drive :P

Regards wai2.gif

Maybe it's done all those km while strapped to a trailer and towed by a car,I am finding it hard to believe some of these comments ,my Honda click has new pads around every 6 months and my crf has 3,900 km on it and the front pads are pretty worn....,

I can only say..... learn to drive :P

Regards wai2.gif

Learn to drive?

Mentally and physically you cannot say that as an owner of a crappy platinum i am sorry. You do not even know how to buy a bike man :D

Learn to buy a bike first!

I chang my brake pads every 10.000 km they are finished or not as i am an aggressive rider riding in a city and i need every single bit of breaking power. It is not about learning how to break man!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

I can only say..... learn to drive tongue.png

Regards wai2.gif

Learn to drive?

Mentally and physically you cannot say that as an owner of a crappy platinum i am sorry. You do not even know how to buy a bike man biggrin.png

I chang my brake pads every 10.000 km they are finished or not as i am an aggressive rider riding in a city and i need every single bit of breaking power. It is not about learning how to break man!

when reading dutchrdam's posts he seems like a guy who knows what he's talking about and has a very, very relaxed riding style. when reading your posts i get the impression you are some teenager who has to prove something. "man"

^

2 completely different styles of bikes and obviously 2 completely different riding styles and if you add me onto it , it then becomes 3 completely different bikes and 3 different riding styles.

I hadnt looked at the pictures before but since seeing what bike dutchram has it's pretty understandable how he achieves what he quoted in his post.

Regards wai2.gif

Learn to drive?

Mentally and physically you cannot say that as an owner of a crappy platinum i am sorry. You do not even know how to buy a bike man biggrin.png

when reading dutchrdam's posts he seems like a guy who knows what he's talking about and has a very, very relaxed riding style. when reading your posts i get the impression you are some teenager who has to prove something. "man"

Dont make me laugh man.

Ok lets say i m an aggressive teenager and dutchrdam is a super duper relaxed rider.

Then who you are?

Ass smacker advocate of dutchrdam? Or are you an owner of Platinum too?:D

What i was mentioning here, if dutchrdam knows what he is talking about, he cannot judge riding skills of people based on brake pads without considering where they live or how they ride especially while owning a Platinum bike, right?

Man up buddy boy!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Regards wai2.gif

Learn to drive?

It s funny that I must hear from a "aggressive driver" that I first must learn to buy a motorbike, I could write down a long story over this subject but I will keep it short.....as I am just opposite of you in your driving skills, I also have the ability to create motorbikes, to maintain them and sell them..

Motorbike driving, for me now, is much more then race from point A to B. I find it relaxing and enjoyable to drive over the small back roads, cruise with 40 Km/H, and see the landscape, animals, plants and buildings. Take regular rests with some drinks, food en small talk with the local people.

In my younger days I raced also from Arnhem to Basel over the German Autobahn with speeds up to 380 Km/H. Here in Thailand impossible because of the road constructions, other slower traffic and lack of road maintenance.

I can only wish you many save and enjoyable Km’s in your aggressive city races.

With regardswai2.gif

Regards wai2.gif

Learn to drive?

It s funny that I must hear from a "aggressive driver" that I first must learn to buy a motorbike, I could write down a long story over this subject but I will keep it short.....as I am just opposite of you in your driving skills, I also have the ability to create motorbikes, to maintain them and sell them..

Motorbike driving, for me now, is much more then race from point A to B. I find it relaxing and enjoyable to drive over the small back roads, cruise with 40 Km/H, and see the landscape, animals, plants and buildings. Take regular rests with some drinks, food en small talk with the local people.

In my younger days I raced also from Arnhem to Basel over the German Autobahn with speeds up to 380 Km/H. Here in Thailand impossible because of the road constructions, other slower traffic and lack of road maintenance.

I can only wish you many save and enjoyable Kms in your aggressive city races.

With regardswai2.gif

Thanks man.

Sincerely, i wish you a nice ride and scenery too.

Do not get me wrong. I have no problems on a relaxed riding. I have done that in many countries in this world and still doing sometime. I ride a to b everyday in Bangkok too.

Wish you the best and sorry if i offended you. I am away from my bikes in a cold country now makes me a little angry nowadays maybe.:lol:

Whatever your mount is, we are a fellow riders riding in Thailand at the end.

But please do not judge other riders without knowing their circumstances and the way they ride!

Regards.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Loserlazer, some real poor statements from you man. You, who often said that we are all the same, with the passion to ride bikes.

I thank everyone who posts some information about his "cheap" bike. Like this we get information. From me someone riding 50k km on a Platinum gets more respect than a guy doing the same on a japs bike.

Loserlazer, some real poor statements from you man. You, who often said that we are all the same, with the passion to ride bikes.

I thank everyone who posts some information about his "cheap" bike. Like this we get information. From me someone riding 50k km on a Platinum gets more respect than a guy doing the same on a japs bike.

50k on ANY bike isn't enough to warrant respect. The legless guy riding around the world on a Harley Shovelhead - that earns respect.

Don't really get the 2nd paragraph wanton are you saying that guy gets more respect from you for having the balls to cover that much mileage on what is generally seen as a crap brand bike, if so then you are also agreeing that it's not a great brand of motorcycle please explain or maybe your just trying to wind people up(trolling)

Don't really get the 2nd paragraph wanton are you saying that guy gets more respect from you for having the balls to cover that much mileage on what is generally seen as a crap brand bike, if so then you are also agreeing that it's not a great brand of motorcycle please explain or maybe your just trying to wind people up(trolling)

No problem, i will explain for you, as you seem to have a honest interest in cheap bikes :)

Yes, there is a risk in buying a Platinum. If you need safety better buy a Honda. But men with balls dont care. They buy the bike they like and its great to see that there are so many happy owners of cheap bikes.

You need balls to ride a Platinum. Most bikers will not respect you. But real men give a shit on what "most others" say.

This is a Platinum tread. So i am allowed to say such thing here :)

^

fair enough comment for me i don't care what people ride as long as there happy with it ,said many times as long as they accept yhem for what they are and dont make silly comparisons to bikes costing 3 times the price ,more respect for one than the other doesn't come into it but I do think people that by these bikes are pretty brave for me I want 100% confidence in my bike so that means no cheapies for me

Well i have a passion for biking wantan unlike you who has a passion for trolling around:D or shall we say a passion for crappy bikes?:D

If i think i am harsh in my standards, i know how to say sorry unlike you too!

Shame on you man criticizing me on this! With this statement of yours i know now all you know about bikes are bikes and a poor empty insistance of crappiness nothing else:D

And a guy riding a chinese bike get more respect from you?

So we throw all these riders and racers and all those tech advancement we received from japanese to rubish bin than for you and replace them with chinese crap? Funny really.

What a poor statement for someone who owns a japanese bike and does not have guts to buy a chinese one:D

Check your brain man before you post something here as with every post you go down and down really:D

No problem, i will explain for you, as you seem to have a honest interest in cheap bikes :)

Yes, there is a risk in buying a Platinum. If you need safety better buy a Honda. But men with balls dont care. They buy the bike they like and its great to see that there are so many happy owners of cheap bikes.

You need balls to ride a Platinum. Most bikers will not respect you. But real men give a shit on what "most others" say.

This is a Platinum tread. So i am allowed to say such thing here :)

Stop trolling Wantan :) this thread has already descended into farce with some outlandish claims. It doesn't take balls to buy any bike, most people will buy according to their budget. Back in the day in England, MZ two stroke owners were the economy minded riders of the era. The ones I met on the Dragon Rally were almost to a man eccentric (barking mad in some cases), one having an office chair for a seat and Viking horns on his helmet. Now, back to the main subject which has almost run it's course - just across the water from mainland China is little Taiwan that is turning out some really high quality bikes and scooters. I called M bike to see if they would be importing the lovely little SYM Wolf Classic 150 post-153149-0-94010300-1356505233_thumb. but sadly they won't, although I think if enough people contacted them about this bike they might have a change of heart.

I called M bike to see if they would be importing the lovely little SYM Wolf Classic 150 post-153149-0-94010300-1356505233_thumb. but sadly they won't, although I think if enough people contacted them about this bike they might have a change of heart.

Yes the classic lines of the SYM Wolf also appeal to my sensibilities. It is available in Vietnam for

less than a grand iirc.

The SYM Wolf looks like it is built to Western standards....if looks count for anything. Tis a pity the importer doesn't see a market for it. It would hammer the Tiger one50.

post-63954-0-68079900-1356521210_thumb.p

Since I came across a Sym Shop in Hua Hin a couple of weeks ago I`ve done a bit of research on the marque. They`ve been building bikes for over 60 years and were a major manufacturer for Honda of C70 and C90 cubs. They also make over 30000 cars a year for Hyundai. They now make their own version of the ubiquitous Cub called the Symba. In 2010 an American guy rode one from California to the Alaskan Arctic Circle and back, a journey of 8000 miles covering 300 miles a day. The scooters I saw in the Hua Hin showroom were finished to a very high standard and the plastic panels were actually painted which gave them a very nice finish, certainly on a par with Thai produced Hondas.

No problem, i will explain for you, as you seem to have a honest interest in cheap bikes smile.png

This is a Platinum tread. So i am allowed to say such thing here smile.png

Stop trolling Wantan smile.png this thread has already descended into farce with some outlandish claims. It doesn't take balls to buy any bike, most people will buy according to their budget. Back in the day in England, MZ two stroke owners were the economy minded riders of the era. The ones I met on the Dragon Rally were almost to a man eccentric (barking mad in some cases), one having an office chair for a seat and Viking horns on his helmet. Now, back to the main subject which has almost run it's course - just across the water from mainland China is little Taiwan that is turning out some really high quality bikes and scooters. I called M bike to see if they would be importing the lovely little SYM Wolf Classic 150 post-153149-0-94010300-1356505233_thumb. but sadly they won't, although I think if enough people contacted them about this bike they might have a change of heart.

Funny you thumbsup.gif

Imo a biker who has done 50k km on his Platinum has balls. And imo he is more interested in riding his bike than in posing with it. Posers need the imagination to own a "superior bike" to be happy. So someone riding a Platinum for 50k km has double, maybe triple balls. Same for owners of a MZ or Simson. These bikes are cult. And people will keep on talking about them when your "superior bikes" are already forgotten for long time laugh.png

And no, sorry dude, SYM is not topic of this thread. We already have some SYM threads you can join. Here people want to discuss the Platinum PX250. Seems you need a reminder as your brain got a bit spongy with all these china hate inside wink.png

Before we resume the discussion about Platinum PX250 I would just like to say: It doesn't worry me what you ride. It's your money you can buy what you like. If it's a sh1t Chinese bike, you live with it or you sell it. One time long ago other bikes were sh1t too. But they ain't around anymore.

On here we are having a discussion about whatever people want to start threads about......we discuss that and any other things that may crop up. Lets just go with it and see what turns up.

Wantan, I know I shouldn't feed you but your playing of the race card really is beneath contempt. People are going to have different opinions to your own, learn to deal with it. Now, bringing SYM into the thread as a quality comparison is relevant because their products are made by Chinese people. Yes, that's right, the people of Taiwan are the same ethnicity as on the mainland. Whatever, no one here needs your approval to post anything. As for cult bikes, exotic as well as utilarian fit that category. I can't see Platinum gaining cult status.

You can talk all you like about people haven balls wantan at the end of the day people that buy these bikes are tight assed cheap charlies who don't want too or can't afford to buy the real deal , same as the people that buy copy phones ,t shirts ,watches etc. Just my opinion of coarse and you are free to disagree with it.

Lol, In your mind people who find what they want without paying the premium of the holy brand names are tight arsed cheap Charlies. In my opinion they are people who look beyond the marketing, then calculate/research where the value really is. Everyone hopes to use their hard earned cash efficiently, but some people feel that 'image' is significant value added; others are a bit more mature. Some times it is worth it to take a chance on a lower priced item.

In this case people are discussing bikes less than half the price or more than the mainstream brand bikes.

What are you guys getting for your 50+% premiums? If you think it is worth it, then you ought to pay more, but to constantly deride those who make a different decision shows that you lot are a insecure in your purchases.

You should be thanking those that are testing all the new equipment. It is likely their experiences will help you make better decisions later on.

Archived