2013 Platinum Px250 Enduro 67,000B

NomadJoe

What color bikes does he have in phuket and what is price on the road,possible to test ride one there?

In all honesty motocrosser you are probably better of sticking with your lifan ,the lifan has better feedback from owners,and I know these are new platinums but the older models were pretty slated by owners.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What color bikes does he have in phuket and what is price on the road,possible to test ride one there?

Black and orange. 67k out the door. Plate in 2-3 weeks. One is set up for a "soft test ride" ie no gas in tank. They hang a water bottle full of gas off the handlebars which is connected to the carb.

Wow ... safe biggrin.pngtongue.png

Works well for short test rides. I was popping wheelies with no problem. Not sure what you think would be unsafe about it. Oh wait...it's thiacbr and a thread about Chinese motorcycles.. understand now.

you must be mistaking me for some one else.. I have NO PROBLEM with Chinese bikes. I just do not think a water bottle hooked on the handle bars is very professional. You seemingly don't care ..so no problem

Works well for short test rides. I was popping wheelies with no problem. Not sure what you think would be unsafe about it. Oh wait...it's thiacbr and a thread about Chinese motorcycles.. understand now.

you must be mistaking me for some one else.. I have NO PROBLEM with Chinese bikes. I just do not think a water bottle hooked on the handle bars is very professional. You seemingly don't care ..so no problem

For riding around a parking lot it's fine. I appreciate the need for small shops to need to keep their bikes as new as possible. Even back in the states there is no way every model in the fleet would be available for test drive. Maybe one or two. By allowing soft test rides of every model in addition to having some full test bikes they are providing better customer service than many, and better customer service than in the past, but some focus on any potential negative and don't miss a chance to slag them off. Carry on, if that's your thing.

For riding around a parking lot it's fine. I appreciate the need for small shops to need to keep their bikes as new as possible. Even back in the states there is no way every model in the fleet would be available for test drive. Maybe one or two. By allowing soft test rides of every model in addition to having some full test bikes they are providing better customer service than many, and better customer service than in the past, but some focus on any potential negative and don't miss a chance to slag them off. Carry on, if that's your thing.

When in fact they are deceiving any future possible buyer of that bike.... I just can not see the point in putting gas in a water bottle when you have a perfectly good gas tank... But carry on. If thats your thing.

In all honesty motocrosser you are probably better of sticking with your lifan ,the lifan has better feedback from owners,and I know these are new platinums but the older models were pretty slated by owners.

Will still keep the lifan and very happy with it,have given it some real punishment up in the hills!will wait to see who buys one first and get some feedback!

I do not understand why a bike is newer, if a test ride is done with a bottle hanging on the handlebars. Sorry, just do not understand whats the use of such a bottle. Maybe they have less work with getting the benzine out of the tank after a test ride? Then it would have nothing to do with "keeping the bike new". It would just be typical thai laziness smile.png

I really like that the bike is delivered with rear rack and hand guards. How is Platinum able to do this on a cheap bike while Honda and Kawasaki are stingy with accessories?

^

probably because Honda and Kawasaki do not want to fit cheap plastic parts to their bikes that are gonna break with the slightest knock or drop causing customer complaints and/or bad feedback.

You mean Honda and Kawasaki are not able to produce quality parts? Even Platinum can do that tongue.png

I think they are stingy. And maybe they want to save some weight on their heavy watercooled bikes.

Stingy? you could say that about some of the owners of these bikes wanting everything cheap then complaining when it breaks or doesn't work,wasn't it you with the tiger boxer always complaining?

Boah, i am talking about a rear rack and some hand guards on a dual sport. At least a rear rack should be standard. If you want another "better buy a Honda discussion" i am out whistling.gif

Umm it was you 2 posts back that bought Honda and kawa into it.

Buy what you want/can afford and be happy with it however if you by cheap you can't really complain when it starts falling apart,yes all the cheap plastic add ons look pretty but I gaurantee first time you drop it them handguards are gonna break same with the plastics around the brake calipers and as for rubber footpegs not a great idea but then they probably help with all the vibrations your gonna get with this bike.

Umm it was you 2 posts back that bought Honda and kawa into it.

Buy what you want/can afford and be happy with it however if you by cheap you can't really complain when it starts falling apart,yes all the cheap plastic add ons look pretty but I gaurantee first time you drop it them handguards are gonna break same with the plastics around the brake calipers and as for rubber footpegs not a great idea but then they probably help with all the vibrations your gonna get with this bike.

I have same hand guards on lifan and have dropped my bike many times on them,they are very strong.

Lets not let this thread get into another slanging match please,can we just talk about the bike and people who might buy one!

yeah, leave them alone on their sandbox!

besides, if you really want to buy trash, then at least buy SYM 200 - designed by Megelli - it looks like a better trashclap2.gif

I have seen one yesterday in the mall and it was only 59.000 thb.

So, cheapos, what are you waiting for?

Lets not let this thread get into another slanging match please,can we just talk about the bike and people who might buy one!

yeah, leave them alone on their sandbox!

besides, if you really want to buy trash, then at least buy SYM 200 - designed by Megelli - it looks like a better trashclap2.gif

I have seen one yesterday in the mall and it was only 59.000 thb.

So, cheapos, what are you waiting for?

Guess you mean "Keeway" or "M-Bike"? If you want to talk with the cheapos than you should be better prepared whistling.gif

I also have serious reservations with Platinum motorcycles, but everybody can improve there act. Still 67,000 THB seems a bit much, my hope is on Shineray that they can get homologation for their Shineray XY250GY-4 motorcycle it only costs 38,000 THB (currently not road legal). I know two persons who have a Platinum, one has a PX125 and the other a PX175 and they seem happy with it, but all the bad things I hear about Platinum cannot be all lies...

kII2tkRhT10804160849.jpg

The Shineray XY250GY-4 comes with 18" wheels so it should be easy to get regular "supermotard" road tires for it without the need to change the rims... The Shineray XY250GY-4 is powered by a 230cc air-cooled engine presumably made by Zongshen

We all know that a Platinum is crap, and even that is sweet talk, while it cost 67.000 Bht. But you expect a 38.000 Bht bike to be of better quality. When do you expect to receive your homologation?

Hanging a water bottle of benzene off the handlebars is so retarded. blink.png Only in LOS! clap2.gif

Hell I went to a Harley ride day in Oz and the bottles all had water in em! Weird, huh. biggrin.png

Went to a Honda ride day 'n'....OMG they had bottled water, Coke and Fanta.....but in a tent 20 metres from the track. thumbsup.gif

Megelli is a English motorcycle company which was bought by the same people who bought German Sachs Motorbike. I'm pretty sure that Megelli has nothing to do with Sym or Keeway.

I mean Benelli sorry for it.

But, it does not matter anyway huh? Benelli or Megelli or whatever, trash is trashcheesy.gif especially if they hang a bottle of petrol on a test bike hahah

what next man? funny really

Megelli is a English motorcycle company which was bought by the same people who bought German Sachs Motorbike. I'm pretty sure that Megelli has nothing to do with Sym or Keeway.

But, it does not matter anyway huh? Benelli or Megelli or whatever, trash is trashcheesy.gif especially if they hang a bottle of petrol on a test bike hahah

A guy with a second-hand cbr talking to others as if he has the gold standard of bikes?

While Benelli and Keeway have the same owner, they are not the same standard – similar you have Toyota and Lexus which also have the same owner but have different service and sales technics.

By the international motorcycle press several Benelli motorcycles have been awarded best bike award, and this was while competing with other international brands as Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and the other European brands. I can see myself buying a Benelli TNT 899 and serious enjoying it. Currently Benelli just opened a store in Saigon (Vietnam) and according to some insiders Bangkok is on the agenda...

About dealers in Thailand, Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha dealers can also do funny I can remember when we bought our first Honda Wave, the dealer disconnected the speedo, so the kilometers didn't count, the cable was hold up and from the wheel with a luggage spider elastic (I can remember that my that time g/f kept the test ride short as she was not feeling very comfortable about it)...

Because you probably never hear about Benelli, I include a picture

post-12170-0-04531000-1349964460_thumb.j

While Benelli and Keeway have the same owner, they are not the same standard – similar you have Toyota and Lexus which also have the same owner but have different service and sales technics.

By the international motorcycle press several Benelli motorcycles have been awarded best bike award, and this was while competing with other international brands as Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and the other European brands. I can see myself buying a Benelli TNT 899 and serious enjoying it. Currently Benelli just opened a store in Saigon (Vietnam) and according to some insiders Bangkok is on the agenda...

About dealers in Thailand, Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha dealers can also do funny I can remember when we bought our first Honda Wave, the dealer disconnected the speedo, so the kilometers didn't count, the cable was hold up and from the wheel with a luggage spider elastic (I can remember that my that time g/f kept the test ride short as she was not feeling very comfortable about it)...

Because you probably never hear about Benelli, I include a picture

man, donkey is a donkey even with a golden saddle.clap2.gif

And, yes, i know what is a Benelli but i do not beleive it brings some Italian standards to SYM or Keeway what so ever.

I am confused man, Shinaray, Lifan, Zongshen, Keeway, Platinum, MBike, GPX what else and all of them producing the same.biggrin.png

But, i think SYM is the best among them, i confess.

Wat Benelli you are totally wrong. Benelli where founded in Italy in 1911 by Mrs Teresa Benelli. First repair of bikes and soon also developing them. Many years the leader in the Italian motor championships. Early 70 sold together with Moto Guzzi to a Argentine investor and car builder. Build great machines with the top a 900 cc 6 cylinder. Since a few year Bennelli owner is Qianjiang in China.

Beside that there is still a Benelli QJ in Pesaro Italy

Regards

wai2.gif

A guy with a second-hand cbr talking to others as if he has the gold standard of bikes?

Second hand CBR will have way fewer problems than a brand new Platinum. A second hand CBR is the gold standard for these Chinese manufacturers - or rather should be, somehow they always fall short.

SYM is taiwanese by the way and seems to have a good rep. Not to be confused with the others... those are trash. You get what you pay for - these brands are half price of others, but they also give you half the bike.

Benelli make great bikes, my dad had a TNT1130K around 7 years ago. There was nothing on the road like it appearance wise and what an engine! :)

Just because 'so and so' bought the company doesn't mean their bikes, past,present and to come should be tarred with a made in 'China or where ever' brush.

Archived