Man With Gibbon Escapes Bangla Loris Raids

webfact

12.45 as in the 24 hr clock. And they were still there @ 13.50.... Seemed to hanging around the Honey Bar

Ok, 12:45 (pm) is the same in both 12 and 24 hour clocks. Well that explains why we didn't see them then.

Will have to pop down earlier in the day.

Edited by NomadJoe

Suspect on the left can play with my Slow Loris anytime she wants. rolleyes.gif

Focus Payboy, focus!

Was a choice between a fat bloke, a monkey & what is an obviously innocent damsel in distress. rolleyes.gif

... and still laughing mate. Thanks for the yuks!

• Like 1

The raid obviously deterred no-one... There were 2 out on Bangla today at 12.45 with slow lorises.

You mean early this morning or this afternoon? We were there between midnight and 3am last night/this morning and didn't see any. If people see them please call Mr. Awar or you can PM me when and where and we will get down there and take some pics and send them off to K. Awat and others.

Well, he said 12.45, so that can mean only one time.

But excellent you're doing something about this.

That can only mean one time if everyone is using a 24 hour clock, which not everyone does.

12.45 as in the 24 hr clock. And they were still there @ 13.50.... Seemed to hanging around the Honey Bar

Ok, 12:45 (pm) is the same in both 12 and 24 hour clocks. Well that explains why we didn't see them then.

Well 12:45 pm is the same in 12 and 24 hour clocks but 12:45 am is not, in 24 hour nomenclature it is 00:24. Not specifying am/pm one might assume the poster was using a 24 hour reference. Coming from the States where we use neither the metric system nor the 24 hour clock, unless you are a scientist or in the military, we tend to forget this distinction.

It can mean two different times if he/she is for example American and using the 12 hour clock. 12.45 can mean AM or PM. The "today" part to me means probably daytime, but they are usually out late at night, and as I said we were up and down Bangla a few times during the 1245am time frame and did not see any. So still not sure what time he meant.

I guess the clock was mis-sold, the sales description should have said 13 hour clock? Surely there can't be more than 12 hours on a 12 hour clock?

The "12-hour clock" in this context is a concept, not a physical thing, I'm guessing you knew that. How did you get to 13 tho?

http://en.wikipedia....i/24-hour_clock

http://en.wikipedia....i/12-hour_clock

I guess he meant 13:00 or 1 pm (rounding up from 12:45), meaning he has never seen a clock face with 24 numerals on it. Other than the ones displayed in the Wiki post I have never seen one either.

Considering most people use a clock/watch with 12 numerals on it they could get mixed up it they could not see the light of day for a long period of time. We use the clock and the light shining in our eyes to determine if it is am/pm or 0-12 or 12-24. Dang it we need a law all clocks/watches must have 24 numerals on it, and everyone needs to use the 24 hour clock, then we won't have all the confusion. clap2.gif

Well 12:45 pm is the same in 12 and 24 hour clocks but 12:45 am is not, in 24 hour nomenclature it is 00:24. Not specifying am/pm one might assume the poster was using a 24 hour reference. Coming from the States where we use neither the metric system nor the 24 hour clock, unless you are a scientist or in the military, we tend to forget this distinction.

Except here in Thailand, where they have about a half dozen different words for early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, evening, late evening, etc. I normally just point at a clock, and say, this time mate. rolleyes.gif

Payboy, I can imagine the telephone conversation with you.

"Darling, Slow Loris sick. Can not take photo with sick Slow Loris. Me no have money for eat. Doctor say 10,000 baht for medicine for Slow Loris. You can help me darling? Send money for sick Slow Loris." smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Just past through Bangla. Six loris being touted for photos.

Obviously, Patong authorities are not serious about stopping this trade.

Interesting. So looks like they are keeping to the daytime. I walked the length twice yesterday at about 2130 and did not see any. Thanks for the info.

"Darling, Slow Loris sick. Can not take photo with sick Slow Loris. Me no have money for eat. Doctor say 10,000 baht for medicine for Slow Loris. You can help me darling? Send money for sick Slow Loris." smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

I have a lisp...thanks a lot.

• Like 1

I have a lisp...thanks a lot.

A few SangSom usually correct the lisp. :) :)

Tonight (~24.00 or 12am whistling.gif )

They are back in the night, too

5 Slow Loris plus 1 'Dragon', got pushed into the way of the tourists in Bangla.

Lots of idiots payed for pictures with em. In that h, I watched it, I saw ~40-50 people with the animals on their shoulders/in their arms.

And I doubt, that I saw all of 'em!

On the road, direct before 'Club' Crocodile.

( http://goo.gl/maps/7FsMV )

This CCTV ( http://goo.gl/maps/vX2y0 ) got turned into Soi Eric. Aditional it's 'out of order' I guess. So the stretch of the road is only in view of the Crocodile CCTV's

The Gang is operating with 'scouts', looking for (immigration and brown) police .

On the Soi Eric side of Soi Crocodile, a older lady,watched the road up to Ratuthit, from the stairs of the at time closed upstairs bar

Actually, Payboy, I'm sorry for you! She doesn't look as nice, as you think, she looks on the picture. Maybe photoshopped?

A Male was sitting on one of the road-tables from the first bar on the right, in Soi Eric. Probably the head of this gang. He gave orders to the lady, she gave orders to the males with the animals. Also it seems, she iscollecting the money, every now and again.

As soon police walked by, the Guys with the ainmals, all 6, moved into Soi Crocodile.

After a couple of minutes, back on the road again.

As long the police is only passing by, also not 'repairing' the CCTV, it looks like a game, me thinks!

They would need to come from both sides at the same time, also to have some 'discrete' officers in Soi Crocodile.

btw: this are two of them, from tonight:

phuket-1-16392psaZZcTVTGJYAOEBkJYnGQCQsM.jpg

So the question is: why isn't the police confiscating the animals? Or do they have unlimited new ones?

And how about to ban these people from Bangla?

Edited by noob7

It can mean two different times if he/she is for example American and using the 12 hour clock. 12.45 can mean AM or PM. The "today" part to me means probably daytime, but they are usually out late at night, and as I said we were up and down Bangla a few times during the 1245am time frame and did not see any. So still not sure what time he meant.

I guess the clock was mis-sold, the sales description should have said 13 hour clock? Surely there can't be more than 12 hours on a 12 hour clock?

The "12-hour clock" in this context is a concept, not a physical thing, I'm guessing you knew that. How did you get to 13 tho?

http://en.wikipedia....i/24-hour_clock

http://en.wikipedia....i/12-hour_clock

I guess he meant 13:00 or 1 pm (rounding up from 12:45), meaning he has never seen a clock face with 24 numerals on it. Other than the ones displayed in the Wiki post I have never seen one either.

Considering most people use a clock/watch with 12 numerals on it they could get mixed up it they could not see the light of day for a long period of time. We use the clock and the light shining in our eyes to determine if it is am/pm or 0-12 or 12-24. Dang it we need a law all clocks/watches must have 24 numerals on it, and everyone needs to use the 24 hour clock, then we won't have all the confusion. clap2.gif

Next time I am at the North Pole in mid winter, I will remember your words.