Karon Roadblock - Eu Driving License Wasn't Enough

modafinil

SL when did i post on this forum that children's helmets were not manufactured

Get your facts straight sport

You do not see children on motorbikes in Australia either, you must wear a helmet and none are manufactured for children

Here.

As has already been indicated previously.

I was talking about children's helmets in Australia not Thailand, quote the whole post

Hope you are going to the TV get together i would love to meet you in person

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are available here but not as far as i know in Australia

I do not think children are allowed to ride on motorbikes there

Looking forward to meeting you at the TV get together, i would love to have a public debate with you

In your post #97, which I quoted in my post #114. And which was gain quoted in KB's post #119.

Don't try to confuse the issue with non-facts.

I am really looking forward to meeting you in person, you will turn up this time i take it

You do not see children on motorbikes in Australia either, you must wear a helmet and none are manufactured for children

Here.

As has already been indicated previously.

I was talking about children's helmets in Australia not Thailand, quote the whole post

This is how I already thought you were going to try to wiggle yourself out of something you can't wiggle yourself out of.

• Like 1

I was interested in the availability of child helmets in Australia, and as I thought and like many other societies, off road motorcycling (which doesn't require a license) is apparently very popular among young children there. This is a typical of many websites advertising safety equipment and accessories:

http://www.freestylextreme.com/au/mx-helmets/c

• Like 1

I was interested in the availability of child helmets in Australia, and as I thought and like many other societies, off road motorcycling (which doesn't require a license) is apparently very popular among young children there. This is a typical of many websites advertising safety equipment and accessories:

They may be avaliable all of the off road bike riders i have seen are either teenagers or adults

Probably avaliable in bike shops or on order from web sites in smaller sizes

You would have problems purchasing a small size helmet from normal outlets in my opinion, i have never seen them there

Of course you can buy children's size motorcycle helmets in Australia.

Where they are manufactured is immaterial.

Yes, you can buy children sized helmets in Australia, but, they must meet Australian standards. If they do not, they can't be sold.

In general, the helmets here do not meet Australian standards, so, would not be available for retail sale in Aiustralia, and I suggest, many other countries as well.

Of course, helmets can be made, to Australian standards, in China, Thailand etc etc but the the helmets you see here, you would not be able to sell/buy in Australia.

Some members may find the below link of interest. There is a section on the website for motorbike helmets.

http://www.productsafety.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/970715

Of course you can buy children's size motorcycle helmets in Australia.

Where they are manufactured is immaterial.

No motorcycle helmets are manufactured in Australia as far as i know

Very few adults ride bikes there, no children on the roads, i am sure someone imports them there would be a very small demand for them

You can buy children's size motorbike helmets here in Phuket.

That are 'wanna be but only 150baht helmets', mostly.

And no Thai will pay real money, for something, the kid can use only 6-12 month!

As long the helmet should only protect the wallet, and the BiB's aren't looking for schoolkids, there is no change to expect

• Like 1

Who said anything about riding in the back of a pickup being safe, its not, but safer for children than riding as a passenger on a motorbike, pickups have cabs thats where normal sane people put there children, let the udult bike riders sit in the back

=Safer on the Pick Ups loading area with a Thai farmer who seldom drives on Highways as a driver, than with me in my bike as a pillion=, I doubt that a lot!

You mean, =in the cabin, that's where normal sane people put their children, let the adult bike riders sit in the back=

Yeah, but there are not so many sane Pick Up drivers out there!wink.png

But many adventurous children, who like to sit in the back.tongue.png

Alfredo is correct in that it is possible to buy good quality helmets for children here.

Who said you could not SL but how many children do you see wearing them and how many adults buy them for thier children

-petercallen- you posted

" you must wear a helmet and none are manufactured for children"

So, -stevenl- was correct!

Edited by ALFREDO

What is an "EU Driving License"? Driving licenses are issued by a nation state, ie. UK, CZ, etc.

A licence issued by a member nation of the European Union, and which has equal validity in any of the EU states. For example, a UK license is an EU license, as is German, French, Spanish etc etc.

Edited by pagallim

If the BIB did their homework, they would have a road block, with the breathalyzer, just down the road from the Phuket Sports and Tennis Club - Rawai on the evening of the 24th Novemeber. :) :) No helmets, no licences, intoxication - big baht. :)

Sounds like they might be called there for a brawl anyway. :) :)

• Like 1

SL i have never seen young children or baby's on motorbikes in Australia

and i have never seen children's helmets for sale there except for bicycles

The last time we were there we went to catch a train at the Bullcreek station

300 parking bays for cars all full, 3 parking bays for bikes 2 empty

Not many people buy bikes in Australia, young people buy a secondhand car or a new one if they or there parents can afford it

All the Thai people we know have a car or pickup as well as a bike which is generally only used to go to the local shop etc, they use there vehicle to transport there children

I have seen a few middle aged expats riding a bike with their young Thai partner and a baby under 12 months old tied into a cane chair on a Honda wave,Even the slightest accident like slipping on oil on the road and the baby would be seriously injured or dead.

absolutely stupid people as far as i am concerned, they may come from the Netherlands who knows

So, first, I write it again, -Forget Australia-

-All Thai people, you know, have a car or Pick up-

Ok, but that are not ALL Thai people, or?

I doubt, that most of the RED shirts own a car!

And, they transport their children on their Motorbikes, because they cannot afford a car!

By the way, you must like the -Netherlands- exactly, the -Dutchman-wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

I know they are available here but not as far as i know in Australia

I do not think children are allowed to ride on motorbikes there

Get your facts right, -petercallen-!

AND, you wrote! "" you must wear a helmet and none are manufactured for children""

You know nearly nothing about Motorbikes at all, but discuss a lot. Remembers me to the saying

"Knowledge of the topic is, the last thing you need in a discussion"giggle.gif

http://kidbikers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=25

==Motorcycle Riders Association of Australia state that there is no minimum age requirement for being a pillion passenger. They state that the requirements are:

'A pillion passenger must be able to sit on the seat and both feet must be able to rest comfortably on the foot pegs. However, an age requirement is in force in some states.'==

-HELMETS in AUSTRALIA- here

http://kidbikers.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=25

• Like 1

Why not write than clearly, you must wear a helmet and none are manufactured for children, in Australia.

Not manufactured, but can be imported!

Anyway, that statement from you, is also wrong. tongue.png

http://kidbikers.com...emart&Itemid=25

==The only true Full Face road helmet made for children in Australia is the HJC CL-Y. Youth Helmet.==

Edited by ALFREDO

http://www.freestyle...au/mx-helmets/c

They may be avaliable all of the off road bike riders i have seen are either teenagers or adults

You would have problems purchasing a small size helmet from normal outlets in my opinion, i have never seen them there

Where is the problem?

That what you not see, you do not believe or think it does not exist?

They even deliver them to your home with post or parcel services!wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Just a note, my go was stopped at this roadblock last week and drug tested, license was also requested. All okay.

Yes, if you do things legally here all is ok. If you don't you open yourself up to a wagonload of shit.

http://www.freestyle...au/mx-helmets/c

Where is the problem?

That what you not see, you do not believe or think it does not exist?

They even deliver them to your home with post or parcel services!wink.png

What would you know about the availability of helmets in Australia you are not a Australian

and do not have a clue, you are north Korean from your own post

Actually of road bikes are not that popular in Australia

They are not licensed for road use and can only be used on private property

Farms and cattle and sheep stations and most of the riders do not wear helmets

If you trespass on other peoples property without permission your bike will be confiscated by the local govt rangers

Petercallen: How strange... Where have all the bikers gone? All the Aussies I've ever met are bikers... Ask your host for the TV party, Mr Stafford! Its Ducati's second most important market after the US!

ALFREDO: If you have 35 years of riding experience you should know that a pillion ride for kids is fun with proper gear and extreme caution... My daughters loved to go for a ride when they were young, no problem there. But trying to defend speeding and blowing off a police checkpoint with your child on your motorbike is borderline psycotic - and my bell curve of normal is enormous!

Actually of road bikes are not that popular in Australia

Possibly more popular than you would think. This is an extract from a Queensland Government Guide for Local Authorities (http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/recreation/pdf/prov-opps-for-off-road-motorcycling.pdf):

"According to a 2007 study1, around 11 per cent of the south east Queensland (SEQ) population aged 15 and over (or 233,076 people) participated in recreational off-road motorcycle riding at least once a year, with a median frequency of five times a year – potentially translating to over 1,150,000 activity events annually in SEQ alone. Participant numbers increased by roughly half over the period since the 2001 SEQ Outdoor Recreation Demand Study, with the frequency of participation also increasing."