Where To Buy/get Big Cardboard Moving-Boxes In Bangkok ?

Does anybody know where I can buy or get BIG moving-Boxes made from cardboard ?

the Forum-search-function produced only some results for other locations (Chiang Mai, Ubon, Pattaya), but nothing interesting came out for Bangkok.

I have sent email to no less than four big moving-companies, but only one replied, and they only have relatively small Boxes which they would be able to sell, and not exactly cheap either - almost as expensive as those big plastic boxes from Big C, Tesco and the likes (which are okay and big enough, but expensive and I just want to avoid such plastic boxes if I only plan to use them once).

HomePro or Homeworks maybe ?

New or used doesn't matter.

any useful input is appreciated

• Like 2

There is a carton factory a five minute walk from the Phra Khanong BTS station that manufactures very sturdy cartons and sells them for a reasonable price.

Directions/BTS Go to Phra Khanong BTS and use exit #3. At the base of stairs walk in the direction of traffic 100 meters and turn left onto Soi 69 (Family Mart) Walk 100 meters and take first right. Shop is about 70 meters on the right side; you will see stacks of cartons. Closed Sundays.

• Like 2

Thank you William and dddave, these are exactly the insider-informations I was hoping for.

I will check those places.

William, are you aware if those places at Jatujak are open all day or only Saturday and Sunday when the market is alive? Hmmm... well if it's an official UPS store it actually should be open all day, isn't it ?

khunron, I have already been to bangkokselfstorage's office/premises, and they only have very small boxes ( 45 x 45 x 45 cm), which don't help me much. they used to have bigger ones, at least that's what they said, but no longer available.

Edited by siam2007
  • Like 1

Thank you William and dddave, these are exactly the insider-informations I was hoping for.

I will check those places.

William, are you aware if those places at Jatujak are open all day or only Saturday and Sunday when the market is alive? Hmmm... well if it's an official UPS store it actually should be open all day, isn't it ?

khunron, I have already been to bangkokselfstorage's office/premises, and they only have very small boxes ( 45 x 45 x 45 cm), which don't help me much. they used to have bigger ones, at least that's what they said, but no longer available.

You will see the UPS logo, so not really sure they are "official" I really don't know if they are open weekdays as I only venture there on weekends. One thing, they asked me if I needed tape I think just to make some extra baht and I purchased 4 rolls which made them happy and smiles all around. These shoppes don't really look like they are open to the public, lots of sliding glass doors so it looks dead at first glance. The other nice thing is this area is 20-30 metres from the taxi queue depending what you purchase they will fill up the back seat quickly so maybe go alone.

• Like 1

Was in Thai watsadu today and they have some but did'nt notice what price they were.

which location ?

that is is actually homeworks, but their homepage is entirely in Thai, even though there is a "EN" button which doesn't swithc to any English version

• Like 1

Thank you all for the useful input.

I have already succeeded in getting those BIG boxes that I wanted.

I went to that small place in Phra Khanong (the description of dddave on how to get there was 100% correct, otherweise it would have been impossible to find that small business), and they indeed had some very big boxes, 70 x 50 x 50 or so, plus smaller ones.

The price was 83 THB per piece, which I found was reasonable.

I went to Chatuchak as well, but as it was weekday, everything in this section was closed. But I saw the shop with the UPS-sign and a few others nearby, so I would have probably found what I was looking for too.

Went back to the Phra Khanong Shop the next day, and asked them if they know a transport-guy with a pick-up, as those huge boxes are too large to fit in a regular saloon-car, and within 10 minutes they had a man with a small hybrid 4-wheel TukTuk / Pickup at the doorstep, who delivered me and my Boxes (10 big ones, 10 smaller ones) to Ramkhamhaeng Road / Lamsalee for a relatively small charge (200THB).

Thanks again for all the hints and suggestions {=^_^=}

• Like 1

Thank you all for the useful input.

I have already succeeded in getting those BIG boxes that I wanted.

I went to that small place in Phra Khanong (the description of dddave on how to get there was 100% correct, otherweise it would have been impossible to find that small business), and they indeed had some very big boxes, 70 x 50 x 50 or so, plus smaller ones.

The price was 83 THB per piece, which I found was reasonable.

I went to Chatuchak as well, but as it was weekday, everything in this section was closed. But I saw the shop with the UPS-sign and a few others nearby, so I would have probably found what I was looking for too.

Went back to the Phra Khanong Shop the next day, and asked them if they know a transport-guy with a pick-up, as those huge boxes are too large to fit in a regular saloon-car, and within 10 minutes they had a man with a small hybrid 4-wheel TukTuk / Pickup at the doorstep, who delivered me and my Boxes (10 big ones, 10 smaller ones) to Ramkhamhaeng Road / Lamsalee for a relatively small charge (200THB).

Thanks again for all the hints and suggestions {=happy.png=}

Nice to get the feedback; thanks.

dddave

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

There is a carton factory a five minute walk from the Phra Khanong BTS station that manufactures very sturdy cartons and sells them for a reasonable price.

Directions/BTS Go to Phra Khanong BTS and use exit #3. At the base of stairs walk in the direction of traffic 100 meters and turn left onto Soi 69 (Family Mart) Walk 100 meters and take first right. Shop is about 70 meters on the right side; you will see stacks of cartons. Closed Sundays.

This is no joke. Convienent and easy to find with these instructions. I didn't realize till I was there, but its even in Google maps listed as "Ngam Maitree Paper Box Limited Partnership".

http://goo.gl/maps/oRPXm

Many kinds of boxes in the 46 baht and up range. Very acccomodating and even wrapped them so they'd be easier to carry.

Edited by natalilaej
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Very usefully information...went today (Saturday they have open until 17:00) and bought small boxes, just for your info: 30cmx30cmx 25 for THB 16.-- each and 32cmx32cmx46cm for THB 33.--...these are the smallest they have. The lady owner send the staff to find a taxi for me (to the bigger road). Attached pictures of the shop (in 3 townhouses).

Many Thanks again

Prin

post-134266-0-41899800-1376132433_thumb.

post-134266-0-39717100-1376132462_thumb.

post-134266-0-51079000-1376132486_thumb.

Edited by Prince17
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
dddave

Very precise! Thanks. But i wonder if you are aware of a small shop just on the base of Exit 3 at BTS Phra Knong. You can find about any packing materials from cardboard boxes (various sizes) to tapes and markers in that small shop. Big carton box cost me THB60.

Cheers!

• 6 years later...

I have bought it from Nuttybox store. 

i ask the owner of Nuttybox directly by line. 
and she is very smart and can communicate in english very well.so that mean i bought it online, by line and then she sent me a box by grab urgently, very recommend if you want to buy some box and you don't have to find around to get a box. They have many size of it and here is their brochure. I'm not sure about dimension to send the post to another countries ,but she search an information to me. Very appreciate it! https://www.facebook.com/248241849185058/posts/478275089515065/?d=n

F3AD6398-C0FD-427B-8196-807249B8995F.jpeg

B23B2DE9-2B4A-4182-8054-11C749746B42.jpeg

939AFF88-EF6D-4FE6-99C3-96E383FEFB6D.jpeg