Mc Mounted Video Cam, Where To Buy ?

poanoi

I'm in Chiang Mai, so this may or not help, but I've seen GoPro sold in random camera stores in the malls here and in Bangkok.

I have a GoPro and absolutely love it! They just came out with a new, really improved one. But I think that one is just pre-ordering now.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an incentive for everyone to buy a video cam, considering the fact that police here

are just as happy claiming traffic offense falsely

http://www.thaivisa....-been-drinking/

You want to spend money to record your illegal U-Turns? The court will be very happy to watch the nice HD video that proves your breaking of the law. Stupid farangs we are laugh.png

You missed the part where the corrupt police here charge you falsely.

With a cam you can prove that in court, as long the police don't steal the cam too

I missed that too. It of course is all hearsay but the guy was going south using a north bound only uturn. Am i understanding this correctly? Where or what was he falsely accused of?

I do agree that a cam can prevent shake downs

By available info, he was doing a real traffic offense.

But what about You when you simply are driving legally,

and a corrupt police make up a 'traffic offense' to make a buck at your expense,

and you are subjected to imprisonment in nothing short of state sponsored extortion

You missed the part where the corrupt police here charge you falsely.

With a cam you can prove that in court, as long the police don't steal the cam too

And you want to prove that in court with your camera? You will be the hero and policemen lose their face? And to prove it you want to film the complete incident and make the policemen smile into your camera so they can be identified? Nowhere in the world police would allow this. You are asking for trouble. At least you would need a witness. Maybe you can rent a witness who is riding with you as pillion for little money. Also good if they steal your camera wink.png

poanoi, i have often thought about buying a camera. But i guess it would be too much hazzle for me to mount it every day. For touring it would make sense, but for daily use while commuting? Can be very helpful for proving fault in case of accidents. But for this it should always be on the bike and turn on/off automatically. And it should have an endless recording mode that overwrites old data. And it should be fixed on the bike in a way that it cannot be stolen easily. If something like this is available for a good price... why not :)

On a 2nd thought, - i dont need to pay for waterproof cam since i will build in

in a box with glass door anyway, i just need a cam that can charge from 12V

cigarette output with quality.

What would be the place to go in pattaya for such cam recorder ?

Edited by poanoi