Toyota Service

kevvy

Went to the local Toyota service showroom just to get new drum brakes put on my car . Was booked in at 8.30 am and told I would be the first car to be done .I told the service man I just wanted a rear brake shoes put on . At 10.00am he came to see me and told me there was other items needed attention as well,which I was told would be about 9000 baht. I told him I did not want then to do this , so I asked him again to do the job that was asked to do, he then told me they hadn't started on the brakes yet , after one and half hours hadn't started!! so I had to wait till 12.00 midday to get my car . So I waited 3 hours for a 30 minute job, Never again ..

Toyota had my car for 2 months after a crash. They gave excuses on a daily basis about why they were late. The flood, staff party, lack of parts etc. Then they returned it without bolting the front passenger seat the the frame and the rear door wouldn't close properly. Useless.

Toyota had my car for 2 months after a crash. They gave excuses on a daily basis about why they were late. The flood, staff party, lack of parts etc. Then they returned it without bolting the front passenger seat the the frame and the rear door wouldn't close properly. Useless.

What dealer????

sent from my ..................#

Seems to something that happens here, one of my Thai friends put his car into a local panel beater and had to wait for more than six months to get it back, but happening at a multinational like Toyota is inexcusable, why not contact the head office in Bangkok and put in a complaint, there may be an option for doing so in the website.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Local Toyota dealers wouldnt even speak to me when I went to look to buy a new car, took 40 minutes and still no one even approached me. (I assume a language barrier, but would have been nice to at least try, after all with out asking how do they know I cant speak Thai ?)

Mazda, bought a new car there, took it back for small service, they said they did xyz extra, I said you werent asked to do that, nor did you telephone for approval, so told them to undo it and I would only pay for what was asked for.

Edited by CharlieH

Local Toyota dealers wouldnt even speak to me when I went to look to buy a new car, took 40 minutes and still no one even approached me. (I assume a language barrier, but would have been nice to at least try, after all with out asking how do they know I cant speak Thai ?)

Same thing happened to me. Went to the dealer, I was well dressed, and was looking for quite a while including sitting in the car, checking the trunk, etc. but not a peep from sales reps who were doing nothing. Went to Honda and had immediate attention and they spent a lot of time with me answering questions. I thought it may have been a quirk but both Toyota dealers I went to, same inaction. I don't like 'pushy' sells but do like some attention.

• Like 1

What dealer????

sent from my ..................#

Phaholyothin

Seems to something that happens here, one of my Thai friends put his car into a local panel beater and had to wait for more than six months to get it back, but happening at a multinational like Toyota is inexcusable, why not contact the head office in Bangkok and put in a complaint, there may be an option for doing so in the website.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Pointless. Best response I could hope to get is "I solly" and we all know it. Having said that I am kicking up a stink with AIS at the moment after receiving the mandatory "I solly" from their service dept.

• Like 1

I have had dealings with Toyota in both Phuket and Maha Sarakham and have nothing but praise for them. Indeed after I had a confrontation with a cow up in Maha Sarakham they spent about 2 hours patching my front end up so I could make the return trip to Phuket - at no cost and right there and then.

Never had problem with Toyota. It's my third one in ten years, always found their service center to be quite helpful.

Last time I found the price they quote me quite expensive. It was a simple job. I was talking with the technician about the procedure, just unscrew this, remove that, very simple, why you charge so much ? He told me that if I don't mind to do the job my self I can just buy the parts or, even better, buy compatible parts. He gave me the name of the shop and told me he can also give me the name of a small garage that can do the assembly for me. Perfect service, what more can you ask ?

Toyota sriracha (chonburi) but i really think they are all the same ...

If I was able to look back my thread about this workshop, it would really open your eyes. Gf was advised to have my Vigo serviced there while I was in hospital. As a surprise (no idea what for) When I got into the car at the hotel, it was rubbsh. Nosy, cutting out, not starting. eventually she told me what had happened. They conned her out of 3000 baht, saying that a receipt job would cost 7000 baht. They eventually sorted out the problem but gave no service record. Back she went and came back with a 40K km service for a car which had done 20K km. When I arrived on scene, threatening Toyota Thailand they were scurrying around hiding from me and gf. Of course, the manager could not be found but I still got a full refund.

I now deal with Ford, both in Pattaya and Kampaeng Phet, excellent service

did the job in 3 1/2 hours and didn't forget a screw.

I would say that is a great service for Thailand. I saw much worse. I had a couple of problems when they did one job and damaged something else or forgot to mount things again....