Kubuta Tractor,

pigeonjake

hi all,

are them 14hp belt driven tractors any good?,

ide get one just to turn the soil in between our fruit trees and to turn over the land that my wife and her mama grow veg on, we dont havea lot of land we have 2 rai and mama has about 6 rai were we grow veg,

its wouldnt be for doing any rice work, it would just be for doing the veg garden,

ive seen a second hand one from a fellow falang, with a 3 disc plough on it,

just in your opinions are they anygood?

thank you jake

Simple answer, bloody useless.

Are you sure? I would like to know more because I was getting close to deciding to get one. It seems the right size for our place. I want to put a rototiller on the back, haul a wagon, and hopefully use the dozer blade to do a little landscaping.

In which way is it useless?

Soidog has summed it up. When I was building my sty I needed to get a small tractor in between the standing concrete posts to clean up the soil that had been dug out for the footings. I got a local guy with one to try to do it. He could not move the soil which wasnt compacted, just spun the wheels and made a bigger mess. Havent seen the blade on the front of that tractor for ages since.

It pulls a trailer around most days and occasionally I see him with the rotary working (after a fashion) on land already ploughed. His plough is useless on anything that isnt quite damp.

Just too light and underpowered. I have a friend who has a small compact 20HP Kubota that does a lot better. Think he bought it secondhand.

We have the small kubota tractor i will look tomorrow which number it is , i think its one of the best buys i have made in Thailand lol , no problem pushing soil with the blade , we have grass cutter on the back which we paid extra for if i remember was around 13000 baht , we have had ZERO problems with it since new approx 2 years , its mainly used for cutting 45 rai of grass but has been used to pump out 2 x 3 rai ponds etc etc ,

Best regards

This is the Kubota L3408 i use. It' s small and has an easy engine to get into. Unlike some New Hollands they are the heavy duty tractors and have very difficult engins(ford :-(). I still have to learn a lot about the engine and the mechanics. But this 1 on my photo is very rough and hard to break. Very easy to fix problems yourself if you have the knowledge of course.. I still have to learn a lot. Got a 6 blade plough hooked up with some good mp3s and M150 and here i go for a few hours.

post-70928-0-08316000-1351008611_thumb.j

post-70928-0-66947700-1351009528_thumb.j

I considered one of those tractors but I don't like the belt drive and they are far too light to do any work with the dozer blade. Most lightweight tractors at the least need four wheel drive. I have an EF 312 Yanmar four wheel drive and I still hire the much heavier Fords to do any heavy work. We converted ten rai of rice paddies to sugar cane and it would have taken me forever to remove the dikes with my little tractor. The 31 HP turns the 1.5 meter wide rotary tiller with power to spare. The dealer sold me a four disc plow and I ended up taking one disc off. The tractor had plenty of power but not enough weight to plough very deep.

I considered one of those tractors but I don't like the belt drive and they are far too light to do any work with the dozer blade. Most lightweight tractors at the least need four wheel drive. I have an EF 312 Yanmar four wheel drive and I still hire the much heavier Fords to do any heavy work. We converted ten rai of rice paddies to sugar cane and it would have taken me forever to remove the dikes with my little tractor. The 31 HP turns the 1.5 meter wide rotary tiller with power to spare. The dealer sold me a four disc plow and I ended up taking one disc off. The tractor had plenty of power but not enough weight to plough very deep.

Arh, Yanmar, tractor of my lighter dreams. A junior John Deere in a Kimono. Good choice GaryA. 45HP and I am in heaven.

Edit to include: Companies share (small) tractor technology. For anyone thinking compact tractor take a comparative look at the front end of both K and Y 4WD tractors. Y is all JD stuff. A lot of small JD lawn tractors are actually designed and built by Y.

Edited by IsaanAussie

Arh, Yanmar, tractor of my lighter dreams. A junior John Deere in a Kimono. Good choice GaryA. 45HP and I am in heaven.

Edit to include: Companies share (small) tractor technology. For anyone thinking compact tractor take a comparative look at the front end of both K and Y 4WD tractors. Y is all JD stuff. A lot of small JD lawn tractors are actually designed and built by Y.

The company I worked for in Ohio had a John Deere diesel (Yanmar) that was used for mowing the lawn and plowing snow during the hard winters. Even the idiot cowboys who used it couldn't hurt it. That's the main reason I bought a Yanmar. It has the synchro shift that Kubota didn't have. Forward and reverse with no grinding. I have had it for about five years and no problems.

if your looking for a 2hnd tractor this site might help to make a choise. specifications from different brands you can get from internet sure. there is a lot for sale (mostly import from Japan. it also gives a good price indication. I did find mine.

http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=th&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.truck2hand.com/index.php%3Fmodule%3DInnoForum%26func%3Dlist%26ctrl%3Dtopics%26category_id%3D15%26subcategory_id%3D46

have fun