Installed Grim Dbs Full System.

dogpoo

Noticed that the db killer had slipped back due to the screw not being tightened enough, took out and re-installed making sure screw was very tight, now sounds more bearable, according to Grim with db killer in it is around 91db so legal, lets hope the BIB think so too.

They tell me legal no more than 95db

Edited by dogpoo

go outside and tell me any cbr250 with an aftermarket exhaust sounds good? the weight saving will count for something yes but overall what do u expect from guys who do no r & d on there products or give dynos.looks will count for somchai on the corner but for what u pay for these fake thai exhausts its not worth it as we can see by the Op saying to change it back ,he must be wishing he didnt get the exhaust now?

go outside and tell me any cbr250 with an aftermarket exhaust sounds good? the weight saving will count for something yes but overall what do u expect from guys who do no r & d on there products or give dynos.looks will count for somchai on the corner but for what u pay for these fake thai exhausts its not worth it as we can see by the Op saying to change it back ,he must be wishing he didnt get the exhaust now?

No I am not wishing I did not get the exhaust, it now sounds amazing, the problem was the db killer holding screw had come loose allowing the killer to slip back slightly, now re-positioned and sounds so goooood!!

Yes just been outside and it sounds very good and more torque!!

Edited by dogpoo

It is not a fake exhaust, made in Europe pipes hand made here!!

It is not a fake exhaust, made in Europe pipes hand made here!!

. Maybe it's you that should be doing research!!

What your seeing as european is only the carbon wrap, the exhaust is made here and sayin 15% power increase lol a dyno test would prove they are nothing like that ,if 15% then they would show a dyno ,not ur seat of the pants dyno i mean.Look into pra ram 2 bikes this guy is the major maker of fake exhaust here in thailand if you want a real exhaust then get a japanese yoshi etc but ur up for 20k- 25k for these real exhaust not 6k - 10 k .by the way i own a cbr250r and this im not downplayin ur purchase ,but when it says 15% increase show the dyno,remember this a dressed up dirtbike only .

What your seeing as european is only the carbon wrap, the exhaust is made here and sayin 15% power increase lol a dyno test would prove they are nothing like that ,if 15% then they would show a dyno ,not ur seat of the pants dyno i mean.Look into pra ram 2 bikes this guy is the major maker of fake exhaust here in thailand if you want a real exhaust then get a japanese yoshi etc but ur up for 20k- 25k for these real exhaust not 6k - 10 k .by the way i own a cbr250r and this im not downplayin ur purchase ,but when it says 15% increase show the dyno,remember this a dressed up dirtbike only .

Okay you know more than me, all I can say is, it looks really great, yes it is a bit loud for me, it does make a difference in torque but have no idea how much, personally I just wanted an exhaust for looks, got that but also got loud to, hope I will get used to It, I am very conscious of the noise when starting up outside the house and when driving, I don't want people to be annoyed!!

Okay you know more than me, all I can say is, it looks really great, yes it is a bit loud for me, it does make a difference in torque but have no idea how much, personally I just wanted an exhaust for looks, got that but also got loud to, hope I will get used to It, I am very conscious of the noise when starting up outside the house and when driving, I don't want people to be annoyed!!

I also did not want to spend almost 30,000 bht on a Yoshimura etc I assume that would be very loud too!!

I have asked the company if they can do something to reduce the noise, waiting to hear, they are very good and always answer quickly, so hoping they can sort something out.

Edited by dogpoo

Do a good search on the Leo Vince SBK Evo II exhaust. It has one insert that reduces the dB level to EU regulations.

I remember seeing it and iirc it's a small disc with 5 holes in it that fits between the muffler and downpipe.

That's if I remember correctly. Try to find the info on it via searching the net and if you can find it you can probably get a local metalshop to make you one for 50b.

Do a good search on the Leo Vince SBK Evo II exhaust. It has one insert that reduces the dB level to EU regulations.

I remember seeing it and iirc it's a small disc with 5 holes in it that fits between the muffler and downpipe.

That's if I remember correctly. Try to find the info on it via searching the net and if you can find it you can probably get a local metalshop to make you one for 50b.

Cheers mate, I have emailed Grim and told him about the Leo Vince disc, maybe he will be able to come up with something similar

The outlet hole of the db killer is 25mm will reducing the hole to say 15mm make it less noisy? Grim says this will cause carbon burn due to more heat, I can accept that in order to reduce the noise level, I will try to have something made.

The outlet hole of the db killer is 25mm will reducing the hole to say 15mm make it less noisy? Grim says this will cause carbon burn due to more heat, I can accept that in order to reduce the noise level, I will try to have something made.

You can accept your carbon exhaust being burnt?! Perhaps you didn't understand what he meant. If your exhaust is carbon, which I presume it is, then the mod you are talking about will cause it to get too hot and the carbon will actually burn! They'll be lots of smoke and maybe even fire. It will be ruined!

You can accept your carbon exhaust being burnt?! Perhaps you didn't understand what he meant. If your exhaust is carbon, which I presume it is, then the mod you are talking about will cause it to get too hot and the carbon will actually burn! They'll be lots of smoke and maybe even fire. It will be ruined!

I thought he meant it would become dis-colored, but wouldn't it only be the end of the muffler that could burn due to the db killer being positioned there so maybe removing the carbon from this area might work(not technical minded so not sure, maybe the answer is to change from a carbon exhaust to stainless steel muffler, then I could make quieter, the supplier says the noise level is legal, but it is just loud to me and that comes from a person that does not like loud, a previous poster said I should have done some research before buying and of course he is right, I always jump in and now have an exhaust which is loud!! not the end of the world, will look around for something not carbon which is quiet or can be made quiet.

The bike is so much faster now with the new system, I am not bothered about losing this new toque etc as long as I can get lovely quietness or reasonably quiet.

Edited by dogpoo

You must understand real carbon fiber is not going to burn. Thai carbon well thats anyones guess.

Edited by yankee99

The exhaust is only a few days old! It is just a loud exhaust, I dare say 99 per cent of people would just drive and not bother about the sound, it bothers me that I might be bothering other people, my fault of course, it is only bad when first starting from cold, it's bad in my opinion when opening the throttle, sounds great when you have reached your desired speed and ease off, so I guess it will just take some getting used to.

I thought he meant it would become dis-colored, but wouldn't it only be the end of the muffler that could burn due to the db killer being positioned there so maybe removing the carbon from this area might work(not technical minded so not sure, maybe the answer is to change from a carbon exhaust to stainless steel muffler, then I could make quieter, the supplier says the noise level is legal, but it is just loud to me and that comes from a person that does not like loud, a previous poster said I should have done some research before buying and of course he is right, I always jump in and now have an exhaust which is loud!! not the end of the world, will look around for something not carbon which is quiet or can be made quiet.

The bike is so much faster now with the new system, I am not bothered about losing this new toque etc as long as I can get lovely quietness or reasonably quiet.

The bike is so much faster with the new exhaust thats great ! What hp and speeds were you getting before and what are the results with the new exhaust?

You must understand real carbon fiber is not going to burn. Thai carbon well thats anyones guess.

This is obviously not real carbon fibre otherwise the supplier would not be telling me it might burn if the airflow is restricted to much, I think real carbon fibre would also be very expensive so this is obviously the same stuff they use to wrap cars etc.

This is obviously not real carbon fibre otherwise the supplier would not be telling me it might burn if the airflow is restricted to much, I think real carbon fibre would also be very expensive so this is obviously the same stuff they use to wrap cars etc.

So cut the plastic off add the silencer buy a two bros or yoshi name plate and u are good to go

The bike is so much faster with the new exhaust thats great ! What hp and speeds were you getting before and what are the results with the new exhaust?

I wish I could answer your questions in a technical way, the bike seems and feels faster than what it was before and of course louder!! I am thinking it would be possible to cut away the carbon allowing a new better db killer to be used!

Edited by dogpoo

Researching the Leo Vince SBK Evo II, that everyone raves about due to the lower EU standards dB level comes with the following.

"The nice thing about the Leo is that you can choose from multiple combinations since they ship with the silencer disc and two inserts, so it's more likely than not that no matter what sound you're looking for you can probably find the right tuning.

1-No disc, no insert

2-No disc, smaller insert

3-No disc, larger insert

4-Disc, no insert

5-Disc, smaller insert

6-Disc, larger insert"

Perhaps there's more info on their site, take a look around.

http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-honda/terminale_lv_one_omologato_evo_ii_passaggio_standard_cbr_250_r_i_e_2011/14472

Researching the Leo Vince SBK Evo II, that everyone raves about due to the lower EU standards dB level comes with the following.

"The nice thing about the Leo is that you can choose from multiple combinations since they ship with the silencer disc and two inserts, so it's more likely than not that no matter what sound you're looking for you can probably find the right tuning.

1-No disc, no insert

2-No disc, smaller insert

3-No disc, larger insert

4-Disc, no insert

5-Disc, smaller insert

6-Disc, larger insert"

Perhaps there's more info on their site, take a look around.

http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-honda/terminale_lv_one_omologato_evo_ii_passaggio_standard_cbr_250_r_i_e_2011/14472

This sounds great but I am thinking the price will be great also, going by the price of the Yoshi at 29,000 bht for the full system it is way to expensive. The Grim is okay and I am sure anyone else would not have a problem with it, for me though it is just to loud, I will keep it for a while hoping to get used to it, if I can't then I will just purchase the stock CBR exhaust system and put back on, not sure how much it is but cant be that expensive! lesson learnt not to rush in!!

To be honest I just don't think I am a loud lover of anything, so I will keep the system and in a few months maybe weeks will change back to the stock system, that is lovely and quiet! You learn by your mistakes, it could have been worse with me buying the Yoshi now that would be heart breaking!!

Edited by dogpoo

Leo Vince SBK Evo II is available in the US for around $325.

A few of the retailers will be happy to list it as a used good, a gift, and addressed to a Thai, with an extra printout of their name and address in Thai script taped onto it in order to minimize the potential extortion at customs.

Leo Vince SBK Evo II is available in the US for around $325.

A few of the retailers will be happy to list it as a used good, a gift, and addressed to a Thai, with an extra printout of their name and address in Thai script taped onto it in order to minimize the potential extortion at customs.

You can buy in Bangkok, just waiting to hear a price from Teera!