Are We In A 'falang Bubble'?

jaideeguy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, most probably true.....i did spend the first few years in the 'bar bubble' until i realized that it has it's own fru$trations and just got bored with the noise, pollution,temptations and hustlers and went looking outside the bars to find a girl not in the 'bar bubble' and moved to my ricefield 'bubble'. The first couple of years, I tried to mix with the local community, but soon got bored with drunken baby conversations and withdrew deeper into my 'falang bubble'.

• Like 2

Oh, I like Thai people and do have a few Thai friends that are educated, speak English and some have even been abroad [those, I find the most interesting], but your average Thai ricefarmer and I have little in common, altho I still like them until they drink themselves into stupidity. Why pretend??

• Like 2

Well I don't call it a bubble, I prefer to call it my comfort zone.

As a matter of fact I think everyone of us has a comfort zone albeit in very different ways.

A couple of really good friends, a lot of acquaintances plus my wife make it a better life than just endurable.

That my wife is a really good cook also helps in limiting my outings to some shopping and an occasional trip in the country or abroad.

Also the fact that I don't like to impose myself on other people makes socializing just a little bit more difficult, although I have been known to like a party as much as the other guys depending on my mood at the time.

In short it all comes down to personal choices, principles and having the balls to adhere to them.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee
  • Like 1

Well I don't call it a bubble, I prefer to call it my comfort zone.

As a matter of fact I think everyone of us has a comfort zone albeit in very different ways.

A couple of really good friends, a lot of acquaintances plus my wife make it a better life than just endurable.

That my wife is a really good cook also helps in limiting my outings to some shopping and an occasional trip in the country or abroad.

Also the fact that I don't like to impose myself on other people makes socializing just a little bit more difficult, although I have been known to like a party as much as the other guys depending on my mood at the time.

In short it all comes down to personal choices, principles and having the balls to adhere to them.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee wai.gif

Although my situation is a bit different, i agree, it's a matter of choice.

Most of us have a choice, that should be enough to feel happy..Many people cannot choose how to live their life.

Personally i am better alone than in some company i don't like.

• Like 1

Yes, one of my biggest challenges is forcing myself to keep pushing the boundaries past the discomfort and sometimes fear, expanding my comfort zone.

But that's the only way to keep learning growing, and the more candles on your birthday cake the more important it is to force yourself to do that, otherwise you actual are old.

Yep, first one must know what he likes to be, and then force himself to be that person.

I think I find myself guilty of living in my bubble as well......but then again I have always been a bit of an introvert and it takes me a while to feel comfortable with new people.

As stated before, some of us are comfortable with our own company, providing I have my "toys" to play with, I am very comfortable by myself.

• Like 1

I think I find myself guilty of living in my bubble as well......but then again I have always been a bit of an introvert and it takes me a while to feel comfortable with new people.

As stated before, some of us are comfortable with our own company, providing I have my "toys" to play with, I am very comfortable by myself.

But your desire for comfort and fear of uncertainty/failure/rejection/whatever are the enemy of your growth and progress as a human being.

We weren't put on this Earth to be comfortable.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

I think your situation is quite common among foreigners that have chosen to live out in the sticks.

Very rare with people who live in places like Bangkok, Phuket, or Pattaya. They seem more engaged in life.

I would say the exact opposite.

With a Thai wife in a small village you are more likely to be interacting with the local population

It is the people in Bangkok, Pattaya etc who live in the Farang Bar Bubble :bah:

• Like 1

I think your situation is quite common among foreigners that have chosen to live out in the sticks.

Very rare with people who live in places like Bangkok, Phuket, or Pattaya. They seem more engaged in life.

I would say the exact opposite.

With a Thai wife in a small village you are more likely to be interacting with the local population

It is the people in Bangkok, Pattaya etc who live in the Farang Bar Bubble bah.gif

........and another failure of imagination.