Privacy Tip For Tv Profile

heybruce

Assuming you can believe the bday. Some members show they are over 100 years old. Some show 12 years old or less, though I sometimes have a tendency to believe this one to be true for some. biggrin.png

It's up to the member's comfort level just how anonymous they want to be but you have a valid point.

Mine says

Age unknown

Birthday unknown

Gender unknown

Despite this, I received a pm a couple of years ago from a member no longer with us who had my name, phone number and address. He had had a dispute with me about one of my posts and had been in correspondence with a mod (apparently according to him a friend) who had deleted my comments which he had found offensive. Maybe they were. In his pm he wanted to meet me 'to buy me a beer'. The tone was sinister and threatening, so I called his bluff and told him to visit me if he had a problem as I wasn't interested in drinking beer with him. He never took me up on my offer.

Assuming you can believe the bday. Some members show they are over 100 years old. Some show 12 years old or less, though I sometimes have a tendency to believe this one to be true for some. biggrin.png

I had you down for the former. tongue.png

Also, the disabling of the pm function is kaput. Seems one can only do individuals now which is no good as there's trillions of members today and screwballs can sign up and can pm at will. Anyone know a workaround?

Mine says

Age unknown

Birthday unknown

Gender unknown

Despite this, I received a pm a couple of years ago from a member no longer with us who had my name, phone number and address. He had had a dispute with me about one of my posts and had been in correspondence with a mod (apparently according to him a friend) who had deleted my comments which he had found offensive. Maybe they were. In his pm he wanted to meet me 'to buy me a beer'. The tone was sinister and threatening, so I called his bluff and told him to visit me if he had a problem as I wasn't interested in drinking beer with him. He never took me up on my offer.

People actually threaten each other on here? Was there a disagreement over what roadside cart sells the best fried chicken?

• Like 1

People actually threaten each other on here? Was there a disagreement over what roadside cart sells the best fried chicken?

You'd be amazed at how seriously some posters take things sometimes. Recently someone commented that one of my posts made him understand the rage Japan had toward the US prior to WW2...

Edited by cloudhopper

i once posted something about my wife saying we could survive on ฿10 000.- a month at a tight pinch. I wasn't advocating it by any means. My daughter got feedback the same day when she went to the market, as did my wife a little later. The ladies were afraid that their Farangs would reduce their pocket money.

How someone found this out I can't imagine, but I am being watched... not that I care, I won't be telling when I go on holidays.

i once posted something about my wife saying we could survive on ฿10 000.- a month at a tight pinch. I wasn't advocating it by any means. My daughter got feedback the same day when she went to the market, as did my wife a little later. The ladies were afraid that their Farangs would reduce their pocket money.

How someone found this out I can't imagine, but I am being watched... not that I care, I won't be telling when I go on holidays.

Well, you should know that CM is a small city and if you p*ss your pants, it will be the talk of the town the next day. biggrin.png

Yes I received a PM from a so called respected member threatening to reveal information about me. Not sure what stupid post he had made but I responded to it's stupidity in a way he/she did not like.

Never the less I firmly believe it is up to the individual as to what information they put on their profile and to not at least put where they live is room enough to put their comments about a certain area in doubt.

Well, everybody is 10 feet tall while sitting behind a keyboard but I just don't get the kind of anger that people develop. It's truly bizarre. And why even respond to somebody who's going there? I mean there is no upside to it.

I know many of you have been posting here for a very long time but frankly sometimes I find some of the social dynamics in TV to be a bit strange.

Well, you should know that CM is a small city and if you p*ss your pants, it will be the talk of the town the next day. biggrin.png

I fart a lot and nobody says a word !

• Like 1

I'm 104 years old, I didn't manage to live this long by telling the truth on my profile page.

Having met you in person, I must say you look rather like in your late 80s...what is your beauty secret? tongue.png

Back on topic...I am actually appalled what kind of information people put on Facebook, visible to the whole world. Common sense should advise you against this but hey, this seems to be the flavour du jour, stripping naked on the internet.

Mine says

Age unknown

Birthday unknown

Gender unknown

No it was who had the best free water!