Obama Likely To Win Another Presidential Term: Gallup Poll

webfact

The UN is mad at Texas and Iowa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International observers say states out of line

By BOBBY CERVANTES | 11/1/12 11:36 AM EDT

The group hosting international election observers said Thursday that state officials in Iowa and Texas are needlessly blocking access to the decades-old process the United States already has agreed to, an official said Thursday.

Thomas Rymer, a spokesman for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, said the group will abide by election laws after officials in those states warned about possible criminal prosecution if the observers came within hundreds of feet of polling places.

“We will of course comply,” Rymer told POLITICO. “At the same time, the lack of access to polling stations for international observers in some states is not in line with the United States’s international commitments, and we have noted this in past final reports issued by observation missions.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83160.html

As a proud Texan, my reaction is.... cheesy.gif

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've been told by some rednecks here in Issan the only impartial news service is Fox news. Unsure if this is 100% true however.

It seems kind of odd that Liberals are now talking fondly of Fox. Did it take the Democrats/Liberal Rednecks this long to form a positive opinion about Fox?

Or maybe the writer is all mixed up name calling a certain group of Americans, "Rednecks" Maybe writer does not know the history of Rednecks, aka Democrats. Just a brief reminder of what a Redneck is and where the term came from to name a certain group of people.

The term characterized farmers having a red neck caused by sunburn from hours working in the fields. A citation from 1893 provides a definition as "poorer inhabitants of the rural districts...men who work in the field, as a matter of course, generally have their skin stained red and burnt by the sun, and especially is this true of the back of their necks".

By 1900, "rednecks" was in common use to designate the political factions inside the Democratic Party comprising poor white farmers in the South. The same group was also often called the "wool hat boys" (for they opposed the rich men, who wore expensive silk hats). A newspaper notice in Mississippi in August 1891 called on rednecks to rally at the polls at the upcoming primary election:

Primary on the 25th.

And the "rednecks" will be there.

And the "Yaller-heels" will be there, also.

And the "hayseeds" and "gray dillers," they'll be there, too.

And the "subordinates" and "subalterns" will be there to rebuke their slanderers and traducers.

By 1910, the political supporters of the Mississippi Democratic Party politician James K. Vardaman—chiefly poor white farmers—began to describe themselves proudly as "rednecks," even to the point of wearing red neckerchiefs to political rallies and picnics.

So based on historical source of term Redneck, writer is talking about Democrats, who now he says favors Fox News

From wikipedia:

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the Republican Party strategy of gaining political support or winning elections in the Southern section of the country by appealing to racism against African Americans.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[6] in the late 1960s.[7] The strategy was successful in some regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.

Don't know about you, but I had to submit a written request (and pay) for my birth certificate from my birth state when I wanted a passport later in life.

I did not have to request one nor pay. Perhaps my parents did 50 years ago?

Doubt it.

but a SS Card is not an identity document

Yes as I said in my earlier post it is not an ID but it + BC can be used to get a State ID

A Social Security Card is not an ID.

Not true! Free State ID cards are essentially available only from those states that

adopted 'voter ID' laws in the past few years.

So whats your beef then? Your saying the States that require give them free?

secondly my post said "Basically" free,,, IE: cheap or free

http://www.thepirate...-state-id-cost/

( Hey this site has a similar avatar too ) smile.png

You don't know as much as you think either.

I am sure I dont

But again is this minutia really the main topic?

Perhaps further replies do not need so much formatting & left nested as an original nested post?

Makes life a lot easier replying...Not that I will be replying any further wink.png

Edited by mania

Surprisingly this item has not appeared on this thread yet and since it relates to yet another Senator doing or saying something stupid like the Republican candidates did about rape and abortions, I decided to post it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic

1:46 AM 11/01/2012

Matthew Boyle

Investigative Reporter

Two women from the Dominican Republic told The Daily Caller that Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez paid them for sex earlier this year.

In interviews, the two women said they met Menendez around Easter at Casa de Campo, an expensive 7,000-acre resort in the Dominican Republic. They claimed Menendez agreed to pay them $500 for sex acts, but in the end they each received only $100.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c...nican-republic/

I would wager the two women are Republican party plants.

So you are saying Fox News is not mainstream? Because they repeat Obama's over and over and over and over. Fair and Balanced and Completely Wacko.

Fox News is not news, it's a propaganda machine for the GOP. Anyone who tells you otherwise either doesn't know any better or is deliberately misleading you.

MSNBC's polarity came as a reaction to Fox. While MSNBC is sympathetic to the Democrats, Fox is actually run by the GOP. Big difference there.

I think CNN was trying to break into Fox's market for small-minded sensationalism when they hired Nancy Grace. The unwritten policy of CNN seems to be to not broadcast any story that someone else is not already covering, and to keep their heads as far up their r_ctums as possible. Their ads should say "#1 in mediocre news coverage!"

If Europeans could vote in the US election Obama would win by over 90%

Not only does a YouGov poll say that most Europeans would vote for Barack Obama if they voted in the US presidential elections, the odds of the incumbent president retaining his post have also shortened from 2/5 to 1/3 said William Hill this morning.

http://www.economicv...6#ixzz2AwEVZapk

Of course they would. The reason they are in the deep doodoo themselves is because they elect politicians that give them stuff that they can't afford.

5 days and ( hopefully ) Obama's gone. I'm hoping that it's a result like in Queensland the recent election, so the Republicans can save the US and the rest of us from the financial doom that awaits if Obama is re elected.

And as somebody mentioned earlier, my Thai wife must present her ID card to vote in Thailand. It isn't only those evil Republicans that have voter ID laws.

One of the reasons (arguably the primary one) that Thais have a mandatory national ID is the same reason Americans don't.

Work it out. (Then decide if you really want to look to Thailand as the model).

The thing is he hasn't. He is advocating a national ID card for all Americans. That will go down well.

I've voted in UK, Australian and Thai elections, and the only oneive needed photo ID is the Thai one.

Based on business acumen alone, I would be tempted to endorse Romney, if it weren't for his other negative baggage. But certainly it is true that Romney has forgotten more about business than Obama will ever know. However, I'm intrigued by Obama's proposal to make a new cabinet position "Secretary of Business," in essence, merge SBA and other agencies into a "one stop shop" to help business.

Romney condemns the plan, but as usual, doesn't say why.

http://www.bizjourna...cretary-of.html

What does Obama plan to do with the Commerce Department and the Secretary of Commerce?

Ronald Reagan once said..."No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth."

I seriously question whether yet another government bureaucracy is a good way to stimulate the economy.

"What does Obama plan to do with the Commerce Department and the Secretary of Commerce?"

Excellent question!! The answer is that he has no plan to do anything with them. Because Obama's new "Secretary of Business" talk is nothing more than a last-minute frantic cloud of nothing. In no way is he serious about it. It's just another Obama distraction. He wants a new talking point to distract voters from his dismal record and the failure of the Obama administration.

If he really thinks that a new "Secretary of Business" is such a great idea and would do anything constructive, why has he not proposed it during the last three and a half years of his administration??

<why has he not proposed it during the last three and a half years of his administration??>

For the same reason he didn't do anything else he promised, other than the health plan. Dream act anyone?

Government ID is already available for all citizens. All they had to do is request one...in person.

Sorry, what ID is this?

And is it is easy for let's say elderly people to get?

I don't have a huge problem with voter IDs, as long as you have a plan in place to guarantee that it is very, very easy for working, elderly, students, absentee, etc. voters to get one. And don't wait until a few weeks before a Presidential election to institute voter ID requirements. If voter fraud is such a huge issue then maybe it should have been addressed 3 years ago?

There has been discussion about voter ID for many months now, including in the courts, so where do you get <don't wait until a few weeks before a Presidential election> from?

So you are saying Fox News is not mainstream? Because they repeat Obama's over and over and over and over. Fair and Balanced and Completely Wacko.

Fox News is not news, it's a propaganda machine for the GOP. Anyone who tells you otherwise either doesn't know any better or is deliberately misleading you.

MSNBC's polarity came as a reaction to Fox. While MSNBC is sympathetic to the Democrats, Fox is actually run by the GOP. Big difference there.

I think CNN was trying to break into Fox's market for small-minded sensationalism when they hired Nancy Grace. The unwritten policy of CNN seems to be to not broadcast any story that someone else is not already covering, and to keep their heads as far up their r_ctums as possible. Their ads should say "#1 in mediocre news coverage!"

Does Murdoch know that?

Yep, I'm going to go on record and also predict an Obama win, based on the 7 new polls in Ohio, the global betting markets, and the electoral college. After Obama's horrible first debate, it looked doubtful, and he's been clawing his way back. The storm helped his cause, as has some PR from prominent Republicans not afraid to compliment him, and of course, his greatest surrogate, the most popular still living former President Clinton.

Obama will win.

Just because you wish for something doesn't make it so.

Oh, wishing for an Obama victory is not me, I don't even particularly like the guy and to be honest, I have a lot more in common with Romney in most ways except being a Christian nut. My interest is mostly a sporting one, having placed a bet at the best time, just after Obama tanked the first debate. wink.png

But Romney is truly a man of little principles outside of his devotion to his cult.

I have been down your road before and I understand what direction you are coming from. You are calling his Mormonism a cult which is how Christians describe Mormons. If you are staying up with the news, the Christian websites have removed those claims and are now supporting Romney. If the cult thing is all you are concerned with, then you need to get over it because there are much bigger things at stake.

If the cult thing is all you are concerned with, then you need to get over it because there are much bigger things at stake.

Actually I would have thought there is quite a significant stake in keeping religious nutcases out of positions of power.

• Like 1

I hesitate to post this as the source police will no doubt dismiss it out of hand, but it echoes a thought that occurred to me; The prize for winning the election is truly a poisoned chalice, the MSM know it, the Clintons know it, so in that case why not throw Obama to the wolves so the final collapse of the economy takes place with the Republicans at the helm?

For the above speculation to hold any water I would expect a late breaking of the ranks in covering for Obama and his incompetence. Perhaps this is what we are seeing. I recommend part 1 of the link posted below as well.

http://www.gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2012/11/whats-real-story-part-2.html

I hesitate to post this as the source police will no doubt dismiss it out of hand, but it echoes a thought that occurred to me; The prize for winning the election is truly a poisoned chalice, the MSM know it, the Clintons know it, so in that case why not throw Obama to the wolves so the final collapse of the economy takes place with the Republicans at the helm?

For the above speculation to hold any water I would expect a late breaking of the ranks in covering for Obama and his incompetence. Perhaps this is what we are seeing. I recommend part 1 of the link posted below as well.

http://www.gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2012/11/whats-real-story-part-2.html

You mean a website promoting anti Islamic rhetoric? No, a thoroughly acceptable news source!

http://www.gatesofvi...ory-part-2.html

You mean a website promoting anti Islamic rhetoric? No, a thoroughly acceptable news source!

Sorry for waking you up, go back to sleep again unless events unexpectedly lead to a last minute swing to Romney that puts him in power.

Does Murdoch know that?

Yes

Sorry for waking you up, go back to sleep again unless events unexpectedly lead to a last minute swing to Romney that puts him in power.

Appreciate it Dan. I'm sure you'll be able to generate enough paranoia for the both of us while I'm taking a nap.

I got as far as

"Given the fawning and sycophancy towards Mr. Obama exhibited by the MSM (with the partial exception of Fox News)"

Partial exception of Fox news. Shows what he knows.

Fox is all anti Obama.

Appreciate it Dan. I'm sure you'll be able to generate enough paranoia for the both of us while I'm taking a nap.

Darn TV won't let me like your post but I do.

The only paranoia the states has to worry about is the Republicans getting back in. They will grab on to the chance to fight another unwinnable war in Iran this time.

If the cult thing is all you are concerned with, then you need to get over it because there are much bigger things at stake.

Actually I would have thought there is quite a significant stake in keeping religious nutcases out of positions of power.

Romney has a history in business and government and has shown that he doesn't mingle the two, that is, religion and profession. Where are you getting Romney is a nutcase? How do you base you judgement?

The larger than life political force that is Bill Clinton has now taken what may be a very clever turn as a strategy by the Obama campaign. All's fair in politics I guess.

In final push, Obama casts election as Bush vs. Clinton

"We know the ideas that work. We also know the ideas that don't work, because in the eight years after Bill Clinton left office, his policies were reversed," Obama told about 2,600 people in Green Bay, Wis. Obama pointed to Bush's tax cuts that chiefly benefited the wealthiest Americans and charged that his Republican predecessor had given "free license" to the rich and corporations to "play by a different set of rules" than middle-class Americans.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/final-push-obama-casts-election-bush-vs-clinton-172349332--election.html

The only paranoia the states has to worry about is the Republicans getting back in. They will grab on to the chance to fight another unwinnable war in Iran this time.

And do you really believe a Democrat administration will avoid a war with Iran or indeed avoid the reappearance of the financial crisis for another 4 years? And that's if they are elected.

Not only am I stunned someone would cite "Gates of Vienna", I'm rather stunned that anyone here would openly admit perusing that site. (White Supremacy anyone?)

Having said that I did start reading one of the essays linked. I may even go back to it -- it was pretty freakin' funny.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

Not only am I stunned someone would cite "Gates of Vienna", I'm rather stunned that anyone here would openly admit perusing that site. (White Supremacy anyone?)

Having said that I did start reading one of the essays linked. I may even go back to it -- it was pretty freakin' funny.

I think that type of site passes for mainstream in their world. Fox news is decidedly left wing in that context.

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

Romney has a history in business and government and has shown that he doesn't mingle the two, that is, religion and profession. Where are you getting Romney is a nutcase? How do you base you judgement?

I was speaking generally, separation of church and state and all that.

Having said that, it's difficult to know if Romney is a religious nut or not because he changes his flipping positions so often.

Surprisingly this item has not appeared on this thread yet and since it relates to yet another Senator doing or saying something stupid like the Republican candidates did about rape and abortions, I decided to post it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic

1:46 AM 11/01/2012

Matthew Boyle

Investigative Reporter

Two women from the Dominican Republic told The Daily Caller that Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez paid them for sex earlier this year.

In interviews, the two women said they met Menendez around Easter at Casa de Campo, an expensive 7,000-acre resort in the Dominican Republic. They claimed Menendez agreed to pay them $500 for sex acts, but in the end they each received only $100.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c...nican-republic/

I would wager the two women are Republican party plants.

People in Thailand posting about "paying prostitutes for sex"! LOL!

Who gives a rats ass what Bob Menendez does in his spare time, on his own dime. Now if he charged it to his Congressional office accounts - then that's another matter.

Republicans don't get it.

Its the hypocrisy of Republicans - the morally righteous, family values folks passing their judgement on the rest of us - is the issue we liberals like to throw back in their faces. The hypocrisy of Republicans, who impeached Bill Clinton for blowjobs, who then get caught doing 'unspeakable' acts, is why liberals like to point out their moral failings.

Hey, no ones shocked. Only if farang stopped coming to thailand for sex - now that'd be a shock!

Yep, I'm going to go on record and also predict an Obama win, based on the 7 new polls in Ohio, the global betting markets, and the electoral college. After Obama's horrible first debate, it looked doubtful, and he's been clawing his way back. The storm helped his cause, as has some PR from prominent Republicans not afraid to compliment him, and of course, his greatest surrogate, the most popular still living former President Clinton.

Obama will win.

Just because you wish for something doesn't make it so.

Oh, wishing for an Obama victory is not me, I don't even particularly like the guy and to be honest, I have a lot more in common with Romney in most ways except being a Christian nut. My interest is mostly a sporting one, having placed a bet at the best time, just after Obama tanked the first debate. wink.png

But Romney is truly a man of little principles outside of his devotion to his cult.

I have been down your road before and I understand what direction you are coming from. You are calling his Mormonism a cult which is how Christians describe Mormons. If you are staying up with the news, the Christian websites have removed those claims and are now supporting Romney. If the cult thing is all you are concerned with, then you need to get over it because there are much bigger things at stake.

Shows how desperate conservatives are to elect someone 'other than Obama'. They'll even de-cult Mormons in order to vote for the Mitt.

Not to mention, not wanting to see his tax returns to learn how he's managed to dodge taxes, create an IRA worth over 100 mil. Not care that his business experience has been looting companies instead of starting them from scratch and making them successful - what most of us think of when we think of starting a business. Or that he doesn't say squat about what his positions are, how he's actually going to reduce taxes while increasing military budgets, and on and on. The lying sack of bull that's the Mitt Romney is all they've got, covered in ugly warts. Conservatives are probably coming out of the election booth, finger in throat, puking their guts out having to vote for the Mitt.

From what I've been told by some rednecks here in Issan the only impartial news service is Fox news. Unsure if this is 100% true however.

It seems kind of odd that Liberals are now talking fondly of Fox. Did it take the Democrats/Liberal Rednecks this long to form a positive opinion about Fox?

Or maybe the writer is all mixed up name calling a certain group of Americans, "Rednecks" Maybe writer does not know the history of Rednecks, aka Democrats. Just a brief reminder of what a Redneck is and where the term came from to name a certain group of people.

The term characterized farmers having a red neck caused by sunburn from hours working in the fields. A citation from 1893 provides a definition as "poorer inhabitants of the rural districts...men who work in the field, as a matter of course, generally have their skin stained red and burnt by the sun, and especially is this true of the back of their necks".

By 1900, "rednecks" was in common use to designate the political factions inside the Democratic Party comprising poor white farmers in the South. The same group was also often called the "wool hat boys" (for they opposed the rich men, who wore expensive silk hats). A newspaper notice in Mississippi in August 1891 called on rednecks to rally at the polls at the upcoming primary election:

Primary on the 25th.

And the "rednecks" will be there.

And the "Yaller-heels" will be there, also.

And the "hayseeds" and "gray dillers," they'll be there, too.

And the "subordinates" and "subalterns" will be there to rebuke their slanderers and traducers.

By 1910, the political supporters of the Mississippi Democratic Party politician James K. Vardaman—chiefly poor white farmers—began to describe themselves proudly as "rednecks," even to the point of wearing red neckerchiefs to political rallies and picnics.

So based on historical source of term Redneck, writer is talking about Democrats, who now he says favors Fox News

Whatever the derivation, the term redneck is now synonymous with conservatism and republicanism so angsta's comment is not surprising. The only strange thing about it is that there are conservative republicans living in Thailand, and Issan of all places.

If you dare stop pointing to the source for a minute, perhaps you could consider the question I raised - this is imho an election where history will judge the losers benefit more than the winners, I'm speculating some people see it in these terms and may act accordingly.

Edited by Scott
off-topic video edited out

<The prize for winning the election is truly a poisoned chalice>

Indeed it is, and if it were not for the fact that any economic disaster in the US will affect us all, I'd love to see the people that vote for Obama suffer for their mistake.

Unfortunately, too much is at stake, and the GOP knows it, which is why they selected Romney, rather than a no hope of winning candidate like Gingrich.