Purchase Of A Condo In Krabi A Good Investment?

There is only 3 or 4 condo blocks in krabi ,the problem I see us that they are all also used as hotels/resorts aswell,you can book the rooms per night on agoda etc, so if it is somewhere you want to live you could end up living in a little tourist village with screaming kids in the pool all day and adults drinking all night ,might be fine for some but not for me.

Obviously go and look round the cOndos because a couple of them do not look anything like the Internet websites pictures.

P.s do not believe any off the claims of gauranteed tenants and rent payed as this hardly ever materialises

Edited by taninthai

Depends whether you buy a good or bad condo and whether you get it for a good price or not. Also depends what you do with it once you've bought. Impossible to answer your question with the minimal information you provided. Also, what's your definition of a good investment? It means different things to different people.

I nearly bought about 2 years ago, but something didn't feel right, despite (or maybe because of) the guaranteed rental bull****

Look into it carefully, search the development/resort on line and see how many people are complaining or complimenting it and are trying to buy or sell units.

I suspect 5 mins on line should give you the answer you need, but maybe not the answer you want.

You could try researching the condo development - prakard.com is a very popular website and the place you're interested in might be advertised on there. All the threads will be in Thai but you might be able to gleen useful info from other residents as the developments often have forums where residents will discuss issues, good and bad.

Familiarise yourself with the amount of taxes you can expect to pay when you buy and ultimately sell a condo in Thailand, in addition to legal and agent fees. Don't focus on purchase price and rental income when estimating your return on investment.

Hello to all!

Thank you very much for your kind help. You really opened my eyes; thank you. I don't want to spent me life in a small condo...

Maybe, it is a better option to buy a house through a LTD since the investment is very low compaired to the safer option of buying an expensive condo?

Also renting a nice house is very cheap and in case of a big problem it is easy to move on?

I agree that owning feels really home, but what can we do about that in Thailand?

All these questions are already discussed on other topics of this great forum, but should also be taken into consideration when buying real-estate in Thailand.

Thanks again for your help!

Best wishes,

fvdv