Helping Others

robblok

Assuming you didnt have a problem with blood sugar,

how much of carbs as measured in a rice dish like kao pat moo would you think is good in morning

before workout ?

also assuming you are even on 3000 calories a day

Edited by poanoi

how much of carbs as measured in a rice dish like kao pat moo would you think is good in morning

before workout ?

These days I'm not eating a meal before the gym. I take 70 grams of WPC in a cup of milk with some apple sauce to flavour it.... then I drink a cup of coffee and hit the gym. I don't see the benefit of eating a meal first as it takes longer to digest and I have to wait longer. A big serve of WPC really satisfies, and I don't feel hungry for many hours after it.

Edited by tropo

Hmmmmmm, l am in my seventh decade (as you all know laugh.png ), eat once a day, fat is gone (nearly) and l can out perform the youngsters at many things, or should l say they cannot do stuff l do. If you have the motivation and not stuff endless amounts of grub in your gob, then you will loose the fat. Difficult for us old un's because we do not need the food, just enough to eeeeeeeeer, survive. smile.png .

before workout ?

These days I'm not eating a meal before the gym. I take 70 grams of WPC in a cup of milk with some apple sauce to flavour it.... then I drink a cup of coffee and hit the gym. I don't see the benefit of eating a meal first as it takes longer to digest and I have to wait longer. A big serve of WPC really satisfies, and I don't feel hungry for many hours after it.

I just have my evening meal.. but its the lightest meal of the day with a scoop of wpc (its musli 45 gram flax seed oil around 15 gram 30 gram WPC 300 gram yogurt and a load of frozen bluberries) I could add an extra scoop of WPC if wanted.. then in an hour i train.

Hmmmmmm, l am in my seventh decade (as you all know laugh.png ), eat once a day, fat is gone (nearly) and l can out perform the youngsters at many things, or should l say they cannot do stuff l do. If you have the motivation and not stuff endless amounts of grub in your gob, then you will loose the fat. Difficult for us old un's because we do not need the food, just enough to eeeeeeeeer, survive. smile.png .

Great to hear your making progress last i knew you stopped but you got yourself back on track good job.

before workout ?

I just have my evening meal.. but its the lightest meal of the day with a scoop of wpc (its musli 45 gram flax seed oil around 15 gram 30 gram WPC 300 gram yogurt and a load of frozen bluberries) I could add an extra scoop of WPC if wanted.. then in an hour i train.

I use an approach which seems neglected these days - I use hunger as a guide. It serves me very well. I try to eat about 30 - 60 minutes before hunger becomes overwhelming.

Of course I'm at what I consider an ideal weight (bodyfat level) and want to keep it there. If you need to strip bodyfat then desperate measures are required.

before workout ?

I use an approach which seems neglected these days - I use hunger as a guide. It serves me very well. I try to eat about 30 - 60 minutes before hunger becomes overwhelming.

Of course I'm at what I consider an ideal weight (bodyfat level) and want to keep it there. If you need to strip bodyfat then desperate measures are required.

I am (for now) at the body fat level i want too, just want to stabilize now and see what happens. Later i might go extreme or not not sure for now eating a bit more and working out hard. Must say i got more strength now so i was definitely loosing strength before when too low in the calories.

I also try to eat before im too hungry else you overdo it (if you have no set meal).

• 3 weeks later...

People may be offended by the prescriptive 'my way or the highway' tone of your posts and diet. But if they ask you for advice, I guess you are entitled to give it however you want!

They might, but at least i have an open mind and come up with clear evidence.

People should do what they want but should keep thinking for themselves, and not fall for all the gimmics out there.

I have always said people should do what they think is good I just don't fall for gimmics and you don't seem to be able to disprove what i said in the other topic.

People may be offended by the prescriptive 'my way or the highway' tone of your posts and diet. But if they ask you for advice, I guess you are entitled to give it however you want!

Good meant help can often be misread as an offence due to misinterpretations.

The good man is trying to help.

Actually id love it if you put some stuff up to defend your views in the other topic and going against my proof in the video's. The thing is we can all learn something from a healthy debate.

Just repeating yourself and saying i feel great is not really evidence.

Its not just my way or the highway, any way goes as long as there is some support for it.

I just take something from all those diet fads and all the evidence there is. I don't subscribe to any one of them sorry if that offends you I just don't follow the masses i try to poke holes in theories and look what holds up and what does not.

And if you start defending yourself we can all learn something from it, who knows some new information might surface. But please do look at the vids in the paleo topic. These people are scientist and not trying to sell books and such.

Good meant help can often be misread as an offence due to misinterpretations.

The good man is trying to help.

Haha I love your avatar....that mustache is totally creepy! :)

• Like 1

Actually id love it if you put some stuff up to defend your views in the other topic and going against my proof in the video's. The thing is we can all learn something from a healthy debate.

Just repeating yourself and saying i feel great is not really evidence.

Its not just my way or the highway, any way goes as long as there is some support for it.

I just take something from all those diet fads and all the evidence there is. I don't subscribe to any one of them sorry if that offends you I just don't follow the masses i try to poke holes in theories and look what holds up and what does not.

And if you start defending yourself we can all learn something from it, who knows some new information might surface. But please do look at the vids in the paleo topic. These people are scientist and not trying to sell books and such.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/wheat-gluten_b_1274872.html

haha that was easy.

Edited by tominbkk

http://www.healthhound.org/2012/10/the-hound-review-of-the-wheat-belly-diet/5150.html

here some info to counter it, and sure cut out wheat if your sensative to it if not why would you cut it out. They are using proof of people with gluten alergy to go for a whole population and that is totally wrong.

Same like with the milk, sure you got people who can't handle it and others can handle it.

Just because a few individuals cant handle it does not mean it goes for everyone. That is what i mean with being critical of stuff and finding out if your gulten intolerant. Quite easy to test. No need to cut things out that are healthy if you can manage it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-51640/Is-wheat-intolerance-just-fad.html

This one also nice shows that there is a real low number of people who are actually intollerant.

Edited by robblok