Wifey Wants To Buy A Girly Gun

SimonIffe

But neither she nor I know BKK well, anyone know where a good place to buy might be? Chinatown?

Also, I would prefer she is sensible and does it legally, but I heard to get a license she has to specify make/model of gun. Catch 22, until she has a look in BKK she won;t know make/model, and by then the homestead is 600km away.

Anyone had similar problem? How did you resolve.

Repiles or PM's appreciated.

Si

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But neither she nor I know BKK well, anyone know where a good place to buy might be? Chinatown?

Also, I would prefer she is sensible and does it legally, but I heard to get a license she has to specify make/model of gun. Catch 22, until she has a look in BKK she won;t know make/model, and by then the homestead is 600km away.

Si

What is a girly gun! As opposed to a gun!!

• Like 1

Si

Why go to bkk. Just ask your local amphur for a list of local gun shops... or failing that ask your local BIB.. he probably has one to sell :D

sent from my Q6

We were contemplating buying a one a few years ago after we were robbed while sleeping. My wife lived in the UK for ten years before we moved back here and has got a Farang style approach to many things but I would not trust her with a gun Thai women and guns should never be together and I'm glad to say she agrees with me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

We were contemplating buying a one a few years ago after we were robbed while sleeping. My wife lived in the UK for ten years before we moved back here and has got a Farang style approach to many things but I would not trust her with a gun Thai women and guns should never be together and I'm glad to say she agrees with me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hey, is that an Akita?

Good girl-gun is a nice 25 automatic

There are all sorts of brain dead farangs plonking themselves in Thailand these days.

Some have vicious dogs patrolling they’re properties, carry knives, carry guns and who knows what else?

These people are weird and could be dangerous because not only are they anti- social but also sending out the message, stay away from us or we’re hurt you bad, possibly even kill you.

There has to be something fundamentally wrong with the minds of people that want to carry deadly weapons or have deadly weapons in their homes, including dangerous dogs, firearms and having their homes fortified, secured and guarded like Fort Knox.

One of my worst fears is that someday I may suddenly find one as a neighbour and that would be scary. Perhaps the reasons include, these people are up to no good, are paranoid, are into certain illegal professions where they may become targets of gangs or simply have many things to hide and don`t want others to get too close to them.

Most normal, non-aggressive, law abiding folk would not consider having deadly weapons unless they are suffering from extreme anxieties and really are in need of profession treatment.

• Like 2

Most normal, non-aggressive, law abiding folk would not consider having deadly weapons unless they are suffering from extreme anxieties and really are in need of profession treatment.

Actually just another cultural difference.

I know plenty of well-adjusted friendly trusting folk in ordinary office jobs that like to play with firearms, just another hobby toys for the boys. Fast cars and alcohol can be deadly too, even when kept apart.

Find and good to debate the public policy side of things - but I'd really rather not tonight I've got a headache OK? but to cast aspersions just based on a completely legal preference is IMO a bit off.

There are all sorts of brain dead farangs plonking themselves in Thailand these days.

Some have vicious dogs patrolling they’re properties, carry knives, carry guns and who knows what else?

These people are weird and could be dangerous because not only are they anti- social but also sending out the message, stay away from us or we’re hurt you bad, possibly even kill you.

There has to be something fundamentally wrong with the minds of people that want to carry deadly weapons or have deadly weapons in their homes, including dangerous dogs, firearms and having their homes fortified, secured and guarded like Fort Knox.

One of my worst fears is that someday I may suddenly find one as a neighbour and that would be scary. Perhaps the reasons include, these people are up to no good, are paranoid, are into certain illegal professions where they may become targets of gangs or simply have many things to hide and don`t want others to get too close to them.

You may be right in what you say. However, we had our house broken into and comprehensively robbed whilst we slept. That has resulted in the re-examining of our security situation. We installed exterior window grills, a steel front door in addition to the fairly stout wooden door, and an extension at the rear of the house that includes not only our up-graded back door, with deadbolts, but also the typical Thai sliding grill gate, which we keep padlocked, on the inside, with an expensive padlock. We also thought it wise to protect ourselves further by putting in proper ceilings and spray insulation on the inside of our roof, which means that it's pretty well impossible for a villain to get through the roof.

We don't have weapons, other than a taser and a couple of extendable steel batons. No trained attack dogs either - just a couple of fairly lethargic cats. Our robbery took place about 8 years ago, and I still feel uneasy about leaving our house un-attended.

When we first moved up to the boonies, 15 years ago, self protection did not appear to be necessary. Now, though, with little prospect up here of honest work to fuel the jack-the-lads drug and booze alternative to hopelessness and motor cycle racing, we feel the need to be very, very cautious. Sad to say, the days of trusting that the locals are, basically, a nice bunch of chaps, are no longer valid. Look to protect yourself however you can.

• Like 1

Actually just another cultural difference.

I know plenty of well-adjusted friendly trusting folk in ordinary office jobs that like to play with firearms, just another hobby toys for the boys. Fast cars and alcohol can be deadly too, even when kept apart.

Find and good to debate the public policy side of things - but I'd really rather not tonight I've got a headache OK? but to cast aspersions just based on a completely legal preference is IMO a bit off.

I have hundreds of inanimate objects in my home that could be used as a deadly weapon, including a ball point pen, a hairpin and even a harmless looking small pair of scissors, so what does that prove? playing with guns it not just a hobby, it`s playing with fire and those who play with fire run the risk of getting burnt.

We never keep any items of real value in the house. For example, our jewellery and some old family heirlooms are kept in a strong box at the bank. I do not keep large amounts of cash in the house at one time. We have a good repoire with our neighbors and we watch out for each other. Precaution and common sense is much more credible than walking about armed and dangerous placing yourselves and others at risk.

Strange that in all my years of living in Thailand, I have never owned a firearm, or been robbed or physically attacked. Do you believe I am in the minority? Also do you believe that everyone should have access to firearms? You maybe be a person of common sense, of sound mind. But you are equating other people as being blessed with your own high merits. What about others such as the mentally challenged who may not have the same level of control as you do, placing themselves and others at high risk? Don`t you think that a complete nutter walking about with a gun is a bit scary? Even the OPs wife, who knows what state her mind is in? If my wife ever asked me for a gun, I would soon take her to the doctor for another supply of those green tablets.

If I or one of my family were to become a victim of crime, I would still not contemplate owning a firearm.

Edited by Beetlejuice

If I or one of my family were to become a victim of crime, I would still not contemplate owning a firearm.

I agree completely with everything you say, just come to different conclusions.

Owning guns just for sport makes a lot more sense to me than actually considering using one against other humans.

I also take the strategic path of conspicuously displaying to anyone who wants to know that I don't have anything worth stealing. Plus I'm so unpredictable they have no idea what would happen if they did break in. 8-)

However I do think it's in the public interest for lots of people to own guns in order to defend their interests against bad government.

I also don't put as much value on human life as you seem to, IMO the planet would be much better off with most of us gone.

And my flippancy on the subject is perfectly serious.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

I agree completely with everything you say, just come to different conclusions.

Owning guns just for sport makes a lot more sense to me than actually considering using one against other humans.

I also take the strategic path of conspicuously displaying to anyone who wants to know that I don't have anything worth stealing. Plus I'm so unpredictable they have no idea what would happen if they did break in. 8-)

However I do think it's in the public interest for lots of people to own guns in order to defend their interests against bad government.

I also don't put as much value on human life as you seem to, IMO the planet would be much better off with most of us gone.

And my flippancy on the subject is perfectly serious.

Thank you for those statements. You have proved my point.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I have hundreds of inanimate objects in my home that could be used as a deadly weapon, including a ball point pen, a hairpin and even a harmless looking small pair of scissors, so what does that prove?

EX-SAS are we ?...tongue.png

The fact the OP titled his topic "Wifey Wants To Buy A Girly Gun" perfectly illustrates that the OP, and one assumes his wifey, are not mature enough to own a firearm and should be banned from ever owning one..

• Like 1

Sounds like a Darwin award recipient in the making.. I would play safe and buy her some hunting knives.

Maybe give her baby far less dangerous than even knives...Thailand reputation for penis reattachment surgery is not without foundation, but if you insist on buying hunting knives how about buying some ducks as well...