Starting Scooter After 7Months

magnum

Hi,

I own 12month old Nouvu Elegence 135,having just returned from uk after 7 month it took me about 5 hours of messing about to start the scooter,is this normal I left in the fuel over the 7 months, do I need to drain off next time and put fresh in.I could leave my bike back home for months with no problem it would start instantly.hope someone can help.

Magnum,

I would put some fuel stabilizer in the fuel and run a bit through the system before shutting off the motor. If the scooter has a metal fuel tank (unlikely these days) the tank should be full when you leave it. Gasohol is hygroscopic meaning it attracts water so siphon out all the E10 and fill with 91 benzine

If you search for 'Preparing a motorbike for winter storage" you will find everything you need.

Edited by VocalNeal

I had many bikes. Some after a week were hard starting (Honda NSR) Others were good about a month or so. (Tiger CX125) My CBR would be OK up until about 3 months, & is really pushing it. There are storage places to keep a bike and they start them and charge the battery and fresh fuel before you return. A good fuel stableizer helps and draining is OK too. But with the heat, a over night charge may be needed.