Riverside Guesthouse In Kanchanaburi?

End

I was going to recommend the Camelia Resort, which I always used to stay at and which is worth a look for the swimming pool alone... It overlooks the river and you'd swear it's heated even though apparently it's not. Last time I stayed there (must be 2-3 years ago I guess) it was 600 or 700 Baht per night, but just looked on Agoda and now they're looking for 2,000 per night!! How times have changed.... It's hard to recommend it at that price, but maybe worth a call to see if u can get a deal.

thats agood one and the food is great and all the prices are really good and it's a safe and secure place to stay and in the middle of everything good choice I think. Malcolm

Of course if you really want to stay on the river come to Wang Pho all our beautiful resorts are on the river , only 50 kil, or 25 miles down the road on hwy 323

If you have a car, Xanadu is a nicelace with WiFi...

It was for sale though last year so not sure if it has changed ownership since ?

No Dennis and Nee are still there. I would certainly agree with you that Xanadu is a good place, excellent food, nice people, good location, I am looking forward to getting up there soon.

However, if the OP prefers to be more in the town then Phong Phen and Nobel Night are pretty decent.

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

I was going to recommend the Camelia Resort, which I always used to stay at and which is worth a look for the swimming pool alone... It overlooks the river and you'd swear it's heated even though apparently it's not. Last time I stayed there (must be 2-3 years ago I guess) it was 600 or 700 Baht per night, but just looked on Agoda and now they're looking for 2,000 per night!! How times have changed.... It's hard to recommend it at that price, but maybe worth a call to see if u can get a deal.

No way is Camelia worth 2,000 baht a night. The rooms are okay, and the location is fine, but 2,000 I've just spat my cup of tea over my keyboard, they musy be having a Giraffe.

Hi Folks,

Sure, Jolly Frog is good for the price that you pay. Food is also good there as I should know, have my food delivered as drink driving is not allowed any more.

Lots more of Kan be found on thumbsup.gif

http://www.tripadvis...nce-Hotels.html

and my web-page of Kan

http://www.pbase.com/win13/muang_kan

Welcome to Kan and have a great stay wai.gif

Win coffee1.gif

Edited by Kan Win