meatballs

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@tropo: No, not everyone in this world is looking for a free lunch

Perhaps you aren't, but 100's of millions of people are and can't pay. To call them cheap charlies is an insult to humanity.

Must agree. Many ''I am alright Jack'' comments here. Blinkered in their own weeeee world, sadly. sad.png

I agree with most of the TV posts here.

Ladies who supply the massage get 50% of what is charged. So 50B an hour is not good.

If the service is good and you are happy then tip.

If not then don't and never return.

Those who do not tip for a good service are CC's

So what about a poor pensioner in Pattaya?

He gets a pension of 20,000 baht a month.

After, paying rent and essential expenses, he has about 300 baht a day for food.

Is he not allowed to go for a massage for 100 baht every now and again, without being insulted as a CC?

Tips are voluntary.

• Like 1

After, paying rent and essential expenses, he has about 300 baht a day for food.

Is he not allowed to go for a massage for 100 baht every now and again, without being insulted as a CC?

Tips are voluntary.

you are merely creating an 'exception to the rule' example. This thread is not about people who can't afford to tip, it is about people who can but don't

Tips are voluntary.

you are merely creating an 'exception to the rule' example. This thread is not about people who can't afford to tip, it is about people who can but don't

Is it. coffee1.gif

This thread is about understanding that if it wasn't for tips, the prices for a massage would not be 100thb and the poor pensioner would have to spend more to get one. So if you are not tipping, you are the one getting the free lunch (ie.. $3 1/hr massage). For those that don't want to recognize that. There is nothing more to be said.

• Like 1

Tips are voluntary.

People who tip excessively make it hard for those who can't afford it.

You'll be saying next - old pensioners shouldn't be in Thailand, get massages or play golf.

My gf used to go to a place with only thai customers, usually females, fee was 100 baht/h

Like i already said, she would on occasion tip 10-20 baht, but only if she thought the massage girl

was good & put her back into it.

It is safe to say that the rest of the customers was like minded.

Alas the prices don't go up because of lack of tip,

and we can also conclude that tip is not a custom in Thailand,

except for certain parts where they came under bad influence of yanks.

An honest person will never ask for tip and in most cases will reject any tip,

especially if you know them well

Tips are voluntary.

People who tip excessively make it hard for those who can't afford it.

You'll be saying next - old pensioners shouldn't be in Thailand, get massages or play golf.

Prices should be pitched at a level that will support management and staff so that tips are, as they should be, a bonus and not necessary for the workers survival. If that means that a pensioner can't afford a massage because the price is too high then so be it, but don't call him a CC just for paying what is asked.

My gf used to go to a place with only thai customers, usually females, fee was 100 baht/h

Like i already said, she would on occasion tip 10-20 baht, but only if she thought the massage girl

And how can we conclude that other Thais are like minded to your gf? I'm pretty sure most Thais wouldn't want to stay with you.

It's quite simple really, if you have no intention of tipping because that is your custom then just be honest and upfront with the person before your massage and if they choose to massage you anyways then you can't be accused of trying to get a free lunch.

Edited by Jayman

In all my working life I have never been given a tip for the job that I have done, why in my retierment should I give a tip to others. If you want to call me a C.C.,I don't really care, the money that is in my pocket is what I earned and that (as far as tips ) is where it will stay.

HELLO?

To each his own but this is pretty much "out there" for me.

Did I quote you in the entirety?

"An honest person will never ask for tip and in most cases will reject any tip,

especially if you know them well"

Tip 200 bt ....and your'e not a Cheap Charlie....

- Only tip 100 bt next time......and you'll suddenly find you've become one !

got it in one mate.Had a few brekkies in pattaya recently,after a good walk.Always been good and tipped about 40%.A few days ago i took 3 mates in,and they got everything wrong,even not giving us the full meal,missing a rasher of bacon,no tomatoes,cofee ordered,tea was given,and a few more problems.Any way we decided no tip,due to pathetic service,they shunned us,never said thank you for your custom and have a nice day.It was the nose up in the air job,I will never eat there again,due to this bad service,and very poor attitude.

Seems like an over-reaction to me, especially if you think the food there is good. How did you deal with the service shortcomings at the time? And a 40% tip is taking it to the other extreme! No wonder they were confused!

Not an over reaction in the slightest,good service,good tip,bad service no tip,and if nasty too,then i dont go again. I can take my custom anywhere and i have used some establishments for 9 years and never had a bad reaction for not tipping due to uselss service,but i tip ok if good service.

In all my working life I have never been given a tip for the job that I have done, why in my retierment should I give a tip to others.

If you were giving messages for 50 baht an hour then you might have a point.

Messages ?? no I was not a post man.

If you have to ask here then you are obviously feeling guilty.

If you are feeling guilty then just tip for gods sakes or make a decision on your own.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

Giving the security guards a case of beers and food each xmas, they do well taking care of the village we live in and are always helpful....its nice to be nice.

Yes Cheap Charlie = no tips. Do you have a Bells Whiskey bottle that you collect all your coins in tongue.png

• Like 1

For us that has no history of tipping:

Is there any sort of regulation whom to tip and whom to demand tip from ?

Or should i pay tip each and every time i purchase anything ?

At what situations can i demand tip ?

Or should i demand a tip from everyone i see ?

For us that has no history of tipping:

Is there any sort of regulation whom to tip and whom to demand tip from ?

Or should i pay tip each and every time i purchase anything ?

At what situations can i demand tip ?

Or should i demand a tip from everyone i see ?

What nonsense!