Typhoon Warning

KarenBravo

Am presently offshore in the Gulf of Thailand and we have just received a typhoon warning. There is a tropical depression that is heading towards the Kra isthmus and will cross into the Andaman sea. Phuket lies in its potential path. This tropical depression could get to tropical storm, or, even a typhoon.

At the moment, sustained winds of 25 knots, gusting 35 knots.

Have fun.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

7-day Forecast Nov 14, 2012 - Nov 20, 2012

During 15-18 November, tropical depression over the lower South China Sea will move pass the tip of Indochina through the upper Gulf and then to the Andaman sea. More rain is likely in the lower North, the East the Central, and the South of the country. Isolated heavy rain will be expected over the upper South. The wind waves are likely 2-3 meters high. During 16-20 November, another ridge of strong high pressure will cover upper Thailand and the South China Sea. Cooler weather will be likely with rain in the upper country while the South receive continuous rain.

Cautions

During 15-20 November, people in the South should beware of heavy rain. All ships in the Gulf of Thailand should proceed with caution, and during 16-17 November, small boats keep ashore. During 18-19 November, all ships in the Andaman Sea should proceed with caution.

And the world is flat that's why we don't all fall off

Might happen probably not

¿ɥʇɹɐƎ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ƃuıddoɹp ɯoɹɟ suɐılɐɹʇsn∀ ǝɥʇ dlǝɥ ʇɐɥʇ sǝop ʍoH

Bad news, I have a late evening flight into Phuket on Nov 16. I'd rather not risk a landing during heavy rain / storm in the dark. Maybe I should cancel or check if I can re-book.

I was almost on the 12go flight that crashed landing at Phuket, I was on the same flight one week earlier, I'm scared of flying especially domestic ever since.

Here in the area I trust Windguru, which is not showing much.

Of course it isn't. That is because the tropical depression is at the moment tracking away from Phuket.

These things can change course at any time.

What I'm saying is that for a worst case scenario there is a potential for 1. The depression to intensify. 2. It changes course and hits Phuket.

Look at the link from HKG. It shows the possible zone that the depression can move to.

Windguru does not show this feature which is vital when tracking severe weather systems.

How the hell did you do that..? clap2.gif

My friend went to Australia and all I got was this lousy keyboard. Anyway it's nice to be able to write Australian.

To speak it requires some serious yoga skills.. but I'm doing my best to master it before the TV party.

Almost there.

yoga6.jpg

( Australian translator: http://www.upsidedowntext.com/ )

Could tropical depression or storm effect to the flights between Phuket and Bangkok? I'm also supposed to fly up to Bangkok and back home during that time.

In both cases the affected are is too wide for planes simply to go around and too high to fly over?

Could tropical depression or storm effect to the flights between Phuket and Bangkok? I'm also supposed to fly up to Bangkok and back home during that time.

In both cases the affected are is too wide for planes simply to go around and too high to fly over?

Yes, severe weather can affect flights. However, it is up to the safety officers (that would include the pilot and the airport authority) to decide whether it is safe to fly to Phuket. As long as you use a reputable airline, you needn‘t worry.

If you are just looking for the cheapest ticket, you need to worry of course.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

<snip>

Look at the link from HKG. It shows the possible zone that the depression can move to.

<snip>

I'm confused. There is absolutely nothing showing at that link about any Typhoon. Here is what I see.

Capture-5.jpg

EDIT: This link shows it. http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/tc_pos_1225.htm

Current:

Capture-6.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe

Here in the area I trust Windguru, which is not showing much.

Of course it isn't. That is because the tropical depression is at the moment tracking away from Phuket.

These things can change course at any time.

What I'm saying is that for a worst case scenario there is a potential for 1. The depression to intensify. 2. It changes course and hits Phuket.

Windguru does not show this feature which is vital when tracking severe weather systems.

And the best case scenario, and present expectations, are that it will not intensify and completely pass by Phuket.

Why not stick to the present forecast, and if required because things to change take action. And yes, I know that does not work for a company like yours, but for us normal human beings it works fine to start worrying when it is necessary, and not beforehand.

The tropical depression has fizzled out. Going back to work.

Hhahahaha Seismic stress LOL.....

Stay safe KAREN,

I will be home (Dec 12th) for the holidays and i just got a new phone to,

so I can call you.... will you be around???

time for a sit down and tell some war stories mate...

cheers

The tropical depression has fizzled out. Going back to work.

Hhahahaha Seismic stress LOL.....

Stay safe KAREN,

I will be home (Dec 12th) for the holidays and i just got a new phone to,

so I can call you.... will you be around???

time for a sit down and tell some war stories mate...

cheers

A very good chance I'll be home then. PM me your phone number.

And the world is flat that's why we don't all fall off

Might happen probably not

¿ɥʇɹɐƎ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ƃuıddoɹp ɯoɹɟ suɐılɐɹʇsn∀ ǝɥʇ dlǝɥ ʇɐɥʇ sǝop ʍoH

Flmaooooooo

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app