Best Thai Bbq Buffet

KelCastro

The one at the north end of 3rd Rd is supposed to be good, though I've still not managed to drag myself that far.

I quite like the one at the south end of 3rd Rd as it has whole fish.

For about 170-180B you get what you pay for, which I suppose is all anyone can reasonably ask. It would be interesting to see what sort of ingredients they could provide for perhaps 250B though.

The one at the north end of 3rd Rd is supposed to be good, though I've still not managed to drag myself that far.

For about 170-180B you get what you pay for, which I suppose is all anyone can reasonably ask. It would be interesting to see what sort of ingredients they could provide for perhaps 250B though.

Yes, for an extra 70 or 80 baht i'd imagine there would be a massive difference.............NOT!!

Yes, for an extra 70 or 80 baht i'd imagine there would be a massive difference.............NOT!!

Why wouldn't you expect a massive / significant difference if the price was increased almost 50%?

Why wouldn't you expect a massive / significant difference if the price was increased almost 50%?

Still chump change isnt it?

Soi 1 opposite 'Art In Paradise' just off 2nd road. 190Baht - can't argue with that. I think it's called 'Big Fish'

+1

Haven't been for a couple of years, but used to be very enjoyable. Sorry I wasn't sure which Soi it was on earlier.

Road kill is road kill...

They the north end have a two price set up standard for the usual bit's and a better one to include large prawn clams fish ect. Not been there for some time but the last time I went the top of the range was not a bad deal.

I see that Pattaya still has their plank's of wood nothing of interest to say just rubbish everything.

Edited by fredob43

They the north end have a two price set up standard for the usual bit's and a better one to include large prawn clams fish ect. Not been there for some time but the last time I went the top of the range was not a bad deal.

That's the sort of thing that I would expect for an extra 50% or so, and I have heard the same from other people who have been to it. Must get up there one day.

for a cheap buffet - I don't mind the one opposite the bus station on Pattaya North. 190 baht and 170baht if you have 3 or more people in your group. Very popular with Thais - one of my colleagues had a birthday meal there. Has a big screen TV for the football and also live music. Parking behind it. I am far from food critic but the place serves a purpose. Also have been to the 'Fish' Buffet. Preferred the Bus Station one but then I ain't into the seafood too much so can't comment on each of the bbqs in that dept.

for a cheap buffet - I don't mind the one opposite the bus station on Pattaya North. 190 baht and 170baht if you have 3 or more people in your group. Very popular with Thais - one of my colleagues had a birthday meal there. Has a big screen TV for the football and also live music. Parking behind it. I am far from food critic but the place serves a purpose. Also have been to the 'Fish' Buffet. Preferred the Bus Station one but then I ain't into the seafood too much so can't comment on each of the bbqs in that dept.

I agree this one opposite the Pattaya Nua bus station is the best and I pass at least 3 others on the drive from Jomtien. A "Chef" will also BBQ your fish or meat steaks or you can cook the smaller pieces at your table. They also provide a choice of gravies. Not only is the live music a nice touch but the Chang girls are easy on the eyes also. Some decent farang food also including spagetti with a choose of 2 sauces.

Edited by gerry53

This is my favorite, not only because of the food selection, which actually is very good. But they do have flat BBQs and not the cone shaped ones.

That seems to be the one I was talking about at the south end of 3rd Rd. Cant say I remember the shape of the BBQ though, nor do I understand what difference the shape makes.

This is my favorite, not only because of the food selection, which actually is very good. But they do have flat BBQs and not the cone shaped ones.

I used to eat at this one too until we tried the one on Pattaya Nua on a recommendation from a friend. All I can say is it's a huge improvement not only from the food issue but the washrooms, service, decor, entertainment etc plus no mosquitos!

Don't know the one at Nuea Road but I will try as I do 3 buffet per week..

Fish is 199 bath and is very valuable (turn right after Shell fuel station of 2nd road )

Big cones 179 bath is very nice ( it's 100 m from Hollywood disco and you will see a big white cones of 20m high )

The one at south end of 3rd Rd is good & clean but less choice for the same price 180-200 bath

Thaigarden buffet at 299 bath is better ( less choice but 1st quality of everything ) but a Soda will cost you 95 bath which is a lot more than 25 at Fish...

Hope it helps and hope somone will add comments on some others...

I keep meaning to go to the Thaigarden Thai buffet (Friday evening, I think) but your mention of the price of drinks there has put me right off!

There is a notable shortage of decent Thai buffets in town. Even the Hilton doesnt have a good selection of Thai food on any day in its lunch buffet, just the odd dish here and there. I cant imagine why they dont go the whole hog. It could replace Wednesday "burger day" which seems very boring to me and doesnt seem to be very popular either. There was hardly a soul there when I looked a fortnight ago.

That seems to be the one I was talking about at the south end of 3rd Rd. Cant say I remember the shape of the BBQ though, nor do I understand what difference the shape makes.

If you can’t understand the difference between BBQing on a flat surface compared to sloped one, then I’d guess it’d be a moot point trying to explain it.laugh.png

I used to eat at this one too until we tried the one on Pattaya Nua on a recommendation from a friend. All I can say is it's a huge improvement not only from the food issue but the washrooms, service, decor, entertainment etc plus no mosquitos!

Guess I’ll have to try that one on Pattaya Nua. Last time out for Moo Gata we went to Ninja at Duck square, did the seafood add on and we were all quite disappointed.