German Kills Pet Dog, The Other Side Of The Story

webfact

Too many "stray" dogs in Thailand as it is. Who will really miss this one? Keep your dog inside or risk random farangs stabbing it to death is the moral of the story here.

maybe the owners children will never forget the sight of their beloved pet barbarically killed in the street by some crazed farang

this act might well be the root cause of a thai-farang death at some time in the future by those same children

for sure its not going help thai german relations is it.......?

You have obviously failed to read

Previous to the attack in question, the police had received at least one complaint from him regarding the animal and the owner appeared to have made no attempt to secure his pet.

Let the children blame the father for irresponsibly letting his/their pet onto the street. He had been warned.

no, you are wrong i read it

but i read it that the owner had complained to the police

that does not follow that the police spoke to the owner of the retriever

you are only assuming they had spoken with him and the owner had neglected to adhere to their advise

whilst i think that us old campaigners know that if you want something doing by the police that is not urgent, it costs money

i would have been more inclined to believe the German if he had said that he had paid the police 1000 baht to go and have a word with the owner

in the absence of that assertion its just an assumption especially in a cross force issue, Police-Navy

So lets get the story straight.

1.Instead of taking a different route, he kept walking his "well trained" dog in the same area further escalating the problem?

The other dog was simply protecting its territory as most dogs do

2. His well trained Rottweiler was unable to defend itself?

3. Supposedly after the last attack, he

a. went home

b. took a knife, supposedly to scare the other dog?blink.png

c. Went back

d. the dog just attacked him? for no reason, interesting that the dog never attacked him before, only his dog

e. A Rottweiler needs a protection from a retriever?whistling.gif

Not only the man is short of few IQ points, but does not even seem to comprehend the basics of dog ownership,

Man capable of stabbing an animal 17 times in cold blood is capable of stabbing another human being, only the matter of time.

I do feel sorry for the Rottweiler not only for his owner, but also very likely the dog will be poisoned by the thai neighbors, though hope authority's will throw him out of the country after having him serve sometime in luxury Thai prison

1. The killed dog was running free around the Moo Baan. Why should he take a different route? What if there wasn't one. Simply protecting its territory? Its territory is INSIDE the gates of his owners house!

2. If I had a dog and cared about it, I wouldn't let it fight with another dog, even though it may be stronger.

The German guy understands the basics of ownership well I think. He keeps the dog on his propriety, keeps it on a leash when he take it out to excercise and apparently trained it. Just the OPPOSITE of the other dog's owner.

In cold blood? Cold blood means premeditation. He and his dog were attacked, more than once, and he lost his temper. That's the opposite of cold blood. The situation had been going on for a prolonged period of time.

Sure, 17 stabs are a lot, but I, for one, completely understand the action.

Too many dogs around, we need more cats! :-)

he fetched the knife from the house

he admitted he was going to use it to confront the dog

he returned to the scene with his own dog to provoke another attack by the retriever

everything went to plan, the dog attacked, he killed it.

his previous false flag reports covered his actions

the pictures helped re-enforce his case

pre meditated cold blooded murder.....

Maybe, but he had the right to walk his dog in that area, it is public property. The Thai owner of the Golden had been warned by the police about his dog being let out onto the street. Premeditated stupidity.

no mention that the owner had been warned

only that the german had made a report

very little correlation between the two in real life in Thailand....

• Like 2

Maybe the parents of a small kid will never forget the sight of their child mauled to death by a territorial aggressive, untethered Retriever....

and what does that have to do with the thread?blink.png

Ownership of a large dog brings some responsibility's with it.

on is keep the animal at your premises and not letting it claim the hole street in front of the house as his territory.

• Like 1

Maybe the parents of a small kid will never forget the sight of their child mauled to death by a territorial aggressive, untethered Retriever....

and what does that have to do with the thread?blink.png

Ownership of a large dog brings some responsibility's with it.

on is keep the animal at your premises and not letting it claim the hole street in front of the house as his territory.

It does certainly ... and the thought that the animal should be free to just Roam around and harass people ..Nope .. No Way .

This Dog is no great Loss .

• Like 2

The man then went into his own kitchen and came out with the knife, to protect his dog and hopefully drive the animal away.

How would a dog recognize a knife as something dangerous? the obvious thing here would have been a big stick (or a broom which he surly would have had to hand).

17 stab wounds is is a frenzied attack, how do we know that the bits were from the retriever before he started attacking it, to me a retriever is very much a docile animal and possibly the injuries to the german were sustained as the dog defended itself.

Anyway a person who does that to a dog should never be allowed to keep any animal.

I would say fair enough. And it is an undeniable fact that Thai's do not control their dogs. I don't really know why they acquire them in the first place other than TiT

The vast majority of Thais only have dogs to guard their property.
  • Like 1

I can't even fathom the type of insecure wimp that would own a dog like this.

544689_346020685468206_1533791746_n.jpg

or the anonymous coward that would call him out

Often do wonder the reasons anyone would keep a Dog like this ..However , thats fine ..so long as they accept the responsability also .

You cant just have Dangerous , aggressive , territorial dogs roaming around . Because many Dogs Roam free here many are rather Passive ..But , Its a Pack animal , and you do sometimes Strike some angry ones .. If they are not being taken Care of , generally they dissappear . It would be considered Natural Elements ..Cars / Bikes ..Etc etc .

• Like 1

If the Retriever owner was responsible and the dog was tethered or locked in then this would not of happened the guy reported it to the Police who as usual did nothing and eventually the guy got sick of it and took care of the situation, if the do is attacking people like that it could just as well of been a child THEN WHAT.

The dog in my next Soi that I HAVE TO PASS to exit the Moo Baan always charges me on my bike like a rabid animal my wife is terrified and scared to take the kids out unless its in the car maybe this dog is NEXT

Anyone got this guys Cell phone number

Be Responsible and keep your dog under control and this won't happen.

DK

• Like 2

Perhaps the Golden Retriever wasn't bred very well? Especially to be attacking other dogs. Think back to the Labrador that killed that little baby. Seems Thais are good at bringing out the worst sh*t in animals that are generally very tame.

Think of the way they treat these animals at Chatuchak Market.

Then maybe you will all get an idea of what that Golden Retriever went through, and thus how this might have affected its behaviour.

But really -- a Rottweiler getting beat up by ANY dog... must be a real pussy Rottweiler~!! I'm not surprised though... my German Shepherd is afraid of thunder and loud sounds : ( and lets the soi dogs beat her up (that's why we keep her inside... but she likes to run out and get beat up). Still, I don't go around stabbing the soi dogs... not unless they try to bite my kids. It ok if they spar a little with my dog, but I swear to God I will deliver more of a beating to anything that tries to harm my kids.

I;ve got to say much of the germans story doesnt gel ,But more so I want to comment on most of the twattish responses on here. fact rotweillers looks mean and if trained to be can be, but it doesnt automatically mean they are good fighting dogs all of the time . I've had several experiences with them and they , despite security guys tryng to rattle them to get them mad have only succeeded in nearly licking me to death.

I also know for a fact that golden retrievers are also not always as fluffy and friendly as everyone makes out . I was nearly mauled badly by one as a kid. and as an owner of one several years back, despite my dog being rather timmed by nature could turn round and fight off an attack if provoked, in one instance from 2 dobermans. bringing a complaint by the owner about a missing ear....som nam na would have been my responce it I had known Thai at that time.

Edited by epicstuff
  • Like 1

Too many "stray" dogs in Thailand as it is. Who will really miss this one? Keep your dog inside or risk random farangs stabbing it to death is the moral of the story here.

How many Thai people, or even foreigners, do you ever see with their dogs on leashes? The German man killed the golden retriever because he wanted to, and wanted to "teach" the Thai man a "lesson", because you can be sure the Thai will back down and smile and kiss ass, most of the time, to a German, especially if the German is bestowing "fashion"

To me, it seems to be way too much dogowners (falang) here in Thailand, at least that sort of dogowners that never learn anything. But maybe that is why they are just.... dogowners. Their social capacity it is very limited.

It is always the same stupid thing.... you should have done this and you should have done that, and they always have the dog in the centre and all other humans should step aside for their dog. These people will never in their lifetime learn what other normal dogowners and animal lovers know, that humans are in the centre and that the anímal have to learn to step inside and show respect, how hard is that you ego´s......

I walk out with my dog, on my normal route in the village.... and I refuse to change my route because some stupid thai dogowner doesnt care at all of his dog. If dog attack me or my dog I do something about it, of course I will not cut that thai dog 17 times, it is a little bit too much for my taste, But I will definitively do something about it.

But like this guy "timekeeper" who seems to have ALL of his sympathies on the thaiside and have absolutely no understanding att all for the guy that has been attacked. He even right out say that the german is liying about it.....People who talk like that is always dogowners, and they are the very worst kind of them that I always dispise...

glegolo

my sympathies are with the dog not the humans

humans can think rationally

dogs are driven by instinct

seems like the german didn't like the dog

the dogs instincts sensed that

he was right...

i don't think much of you either gigolo.....

• Like 1

How many Thai people, or even foreigners, do you ever see with their dogs on leashes? The German man killed the golden retriever because he wanted to, and wanted to "teach" the Thai man a "lesson", because you can be sure the Thai will back down and smile and kiss ass, most of the time, to a German, especially if the German is bestowing "fashion"

You can bet the German man said to his docile other domesticated companion that he would one day kill that dog, saying "I kill that dog one day, ja." It's just sad that the Thai people let foreigners get away with this kind of violence because they want to get "fashion"

You can bet the German man said to his docile other domesticated companion that he would one day kill that dog, saying "I kill that dog one day, ja." It's just sad that the Thai people let foreigners get away with this kind of violence because they want to get "fashion"

Nice German bashing going on here, though if you ever look at the news reports the most violent foreigners are obvious drunk Brits. I can't recall Germans being in the news half as much as Brits.

• Like 1

Everyone here always saying what the guy should have done.. hindsight. I know of plenty of things i should have done otherwise. I think all of you have, fact is you don't always think rational at heated moments like this.

I think the guy certainly went overboard, but the Thai owner is just as much if not more to blame for letting his dog roam free. Certainly if its an aggressive dog. Yes he should have taken a stick.. if your dog is being attacked and you run to your home and you cant find a stick you grab a knife.

It all depends on the situation, we don't know all the exact details here.

And maybe the parents of a small kid trapped in a house fire will never forget the sight of a barking untethered Retriever, calling attention to the little one's plight and saving his life.

And so on. :)

• Like 1

1.Instead of taking a different route, he kept walking his "well trained" dog in the same area further escalating the problem?

a. went home

c. Went back

d. the dog just attacked him? for no reason, interesting that the dog never attacked him before, only his dog

Not only the man is short of few IQ points, but does not even seem to comprehend the basics of dog ownership,

Man capable of stabbing an animal 17 times in cold blood is capable of stabbing another human being, only the matter of time.

I do feel sorry for the Rottweiler not only for his owner, but also very likely the dog will be poisoned by the thai neighbors, though hope authority's will throw him out of the country after having him serve sometime in luxury Thai prison

Maybe, as in the street where i live, there is only one way to leave it! (Why should he have to accept a no go area in the village he lives?)

If he had an attack dog i am sure you would be slagging him off too.

If i could not leave my street (if that is the case), had asked the police and the Thai man to control his "attack dog" but nothing happened, i'm sure i would be inclined to do the same.

It's reported he had been attacked before!

What the %cuk has the breed got to with an uncontrable dog attacking another?

Basics of dog ownership. What are you talking about?

Good post except for one thing, I would not use a knife, a knife is not much good for self defence as you need to be very close to your assailant for it to be effective. A stick is ideal.

or a rolled up news paper for a tap on the nose... or for killing.... a poisoned lump of steak is the prefered Thai way of doing it. But I supose a knife would be an exciting duel of dog agaist Man, that in fairness the dog could well have the advantage.... did he keep the head as a trophy...

a. went home

c. Went back

Maybe, as in the street where i live, there is only one way to leave it! (Why should he have to accept a no go area in the village he lives?)

If i could not leave my street (if that is the case), had asked the police and the Thai man to control his "attack dog" but nothing happened, i'm sure i would be inclined to do the same.

Read again. The German had not been attacked before, his dog had.

The man then went into his own kitchen and came out with the knife, to protect his dog and hopefully drive the animal away.

How would a dog recognize a knife as something dangerous? the obvious thing here would have been a big stick (or a broom which he surly would have had to hand).

17 stab wounds is is a frenzied attack, how do we know that the bits were from the retriever before he started attacking it, to me a retriever is very much a docile animal and possibly the injuries to the german were sustained as the dog defended itself.

Anyway a person who does that to a dog should never be allowed to keep any animal.

Ever been attacked by a crazy dog, even though it might be a golden retriever? I can tell you, if you would have a knife at hand at that moment you will surely use it, perhaps 20 times more.... and then you will understand!

• Like 1

Finally someone stands up to all the ridiculous dog owners in Thailand. If you all love your dogs so much, then why is it you only seem to care about what happens to them after they die? (Obviously there are a few dog owners, like the German in the story, who do care about their dogs, and my message is not meant for them)

The most important part seems to be that the German will not be charged with killing the dog, but only with carrying a knife, which suggests that it is legal to kill stray dogs. (In my opinion any dog not on private ground and without a leash is a stray dog)

a. went home

c. Went back

Read again. The German had not been attacked before, his dog had.

An attack upon the German's dog is an attack upon him. The Rottweiler is his property.

• Like 2