Soi Khao Talo Flooding....

pattayadingo

Flooding? It is more like a raging torrent on Khao Talo near the railway crossing again today. Everyone heading up from Suk Road were crawling and at times I thought the water was going to come over the bonnet of the car. It had rained heavily but not for very long. Twice in the last 3 days this has happened with water pumping from the roadside drains almost like a geyser.

What a wonderful drainage system laugh.png

It's still raining here in North Pattaya, it took ages to drive home from Big C extra via Sukhumvit road but only maybe 20 cm of water on the road then.

Man I am glad I gonna get my new pick-up truck next year, can drive in up to 80 cm of water, no more sedan cars for me here in Thailand, had too many close calls on flooded roads where I thought, okay now the engine is gonna die but it made it each time so far.

It's still raining here in North Pattaya, it took ages to drive home from Big C extra via Sukhumvit road but only maybe 20 cm of water on the road then.

Man I am glad I gonna get my new pick-up truck next year, can drive in up to 80 cm of water, no more sedan cars for me here in Thailand, had too many close calls on flooded roads where I thought, okay now the engine is gonna die but it made it each time so far.

Good choice buying the Ranger.

• Like 2

That is one of the many reasons why I never looked back when I switched from sedan to pick up 4 years ago.
  • Like 1

Trucks and buses are now getting by on Pattaya By-pass road near Tesco/Big C. (I don't know the Thai name). They've learned to directed the traffic away from the flooded area instead of allowing the traffic through and getting everyone in more of a traffic jam doing u-turns and driving backwards.

Glad I did my shopping early smile.png

Why would anyone try to drive through that, the motocy's air intake looks to be already under water.

Well we were already out driving when the downpour started (yesterday as well) so there is not much you can do,

just try to find a way home, glad I was not on the bike, the riders I saw were drenched to the bone.

A typical Thai motor bike can maybe go through 40-50 cm of water in short periods of time, depending of model,

as long as you also said: air filter not submerged, then you are fuc_ked and will have to push, he-he.

Man I am glad I gonna get my new pick-up truck next year, can drive in up to 80 cm of water, no more sedan cars for me here in Thailand, ....

Yes. I drove right past a stalled sedan in the minor flood at the bottom of Thappraya/2nd Rd yesterday morning in my pickup. Various motorbikes and other cars were having difficulty also.

According to what I have read, this city brings in more tax money (from tourists and expats living/working here) than any other city in Thailand --except Bangkok, of course. You think this city could afford seriouis infrastructure such as proper drainage and water treatment? Instead, the city council would rather worry about installing Dolphin street lights and fire work contests. Ridiculous.

According to what I have read, this city brings in more tax money (from tourists and expats living/working here) than any other city in Thailand --except Bangkok, of course. You think this city could afford seriouis infrastructure such as proper drainage and water treatment? Instead, the city council would rather worry about installing Dolphin street lights and fire work contests. Ridiculous.

Newbie aint ya.

In the 6 yrs I have lived in Pattaya every year I see the roads dug up and larger stormwater piping installed, its a case of dog chasing tail I agree but the issue is known and they do attempt to fix it.

Don't know if it is adjusted in the past years, but in the past this was the real problem for Pattaya.

Since there is maybe only 20% of the actual Pattaya population also registered in Pattaya,they only receive money for infrastructure based on the registered headcount.

Anyway.

Around 5.30 p.m. I found the guts to join the slow moving cue through the flooded area, opposite Tesco South Pattaya, towards Sattahip.

Once passed the flooded area a turn left to the East and after a quiet drive on roads, covered with dirt, mud and sand, I arrived sound an safe at the Naklua entrance of motorway #7.

At 7 p.m. back home in Bang Saen and started my journey at 2.30 p.m from Jomtien complex.

But I don't worry......Thailand will be hub for tourists and as far as technology concerns........well!!