What Do You Drink Alone?

rics21

havent been bar hopping for quite a while.

bought a case of Johnnie Walker Black and started drinking at home, alone.

now i am at my last bottle of black. was thinking get something that taste better than the Black, or otherwise cheaper than the Black and taste somehow the same.

any recommendations?

fruit juice or ice tea.

I am a total alecart, but have little interest if i am alone.

I agree, this should be a social event, if only to provide others with entertainment.

I agree also, except for the entertainment bit since I'm not much to look at and my jokes make only me laugh.sad.png

Occasionally (when I feel like it) I'll have a nice Calvados after a good meal or a half and a half ( equal shares of Grand Marnier and Cognac stirred)licklips.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee

chivas regal, nectar.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect App

Not bad for a blend, in fact probably one of the better blends and IMHO way batter than Johnny Black.

OP doesnt state whether he wants a session whisky or a sipping whisky.

If a session whisky, start off with the cheap ass gut rot stuff like William Lawson or 100 Pipers, about 350 baht per bottle and perfectly acceptable with mixers.

For 500 baht per bottle 100 Pipers do an 8 year old blend that again is acceptable with mixers.

For 565 baht per bottle Heaven Hill bourbon in 1 litre bottles, throw in coke and ice and its off to the races.

I tend to stop at these prices for session whiskies, next stop about 2,000 baht per bottle for single malts, sipping whisky, close friends only, the rest are palmed off with the cheap shit.

chivas regal, nectar.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect App

Not bad for a blend, in fact probably one of the better blends and IMHO way batter than Johnny Black.

OP doesnt state whether he wants a session whisky or a sipping whisky.

If a session whisky, start off with the cheap ass gut rot stuff like William Lawson or 100 Pipers, about 350 baht per bottle and perfectly acceptable with mixers.

For 500 baht per bottle 100 Pipers do an 8 year old blend that again is acceptable with mixers.

For 565 baht per bottle Heaven Hill bourbon in 1 litre bottles, throw in coke and ice and its off to the races.

I tend to stop at these prices for session whiskies, next stop about 2,000 baht per bottle for single malts, sipping whisky, close friends only, the rest are palmed off with the cheap shit.

i m not into bourbon, its more of scotch with club soda for me.

good idea with the 100 pipers.

A bloody Caesar

cant buy clamato in thailand unfortunately, but when i have it i love it with or without the booze

I was lucky while I lived there I made a lot of trips to Singapore and would bring some back each time. Now living in Singapore and next time I get back to Thailand I'll bring some with me and post here, first come first served.

A bloody Caesar

cant buy clamato in thailand unfortunately, but when i have it i love it with or without the booze

I was lucky while I lived there I made a lot of trips to Singapore and would bring some back each time. Now living in Singapore and next time I get back to Thailand I'll bring some with me and post here, first come first served.

it is available in singapore!!!!! where, i have someone i know in from singapore almost weekly. I was having friends carrying it in from canada

I'm a social drinker only which means when annoying drunks keep pestering me to 'have a drink' I'll accept a beer in a glass full of ice placed in front of me. It sits there getting warm. It makes a puddle. Some idiot will shortly add more ice. The puddle spreads. The experiment continues.

I see drinking as a weak man's problem. The inability to say no, the need to be 'lubed' in order to relax and find a voice. I've also never been entertained or impressed by bar room fully paid up members holding court on every subject and giving thier addled views on everything from art to argon; zachariah to zoology. They make as much sense as binomial theorum.

They amuse each other only when soused. They find each other only when soused.

I chose life; the fully awake version without morning, afternoon, evening hangovers, domestic abuse and violence, full employment, good health and an appetite not only for 3 squares a day but .......... where I started: life.

My best friend doesn't nor ever was to be found in the bottom of a bottle.

So for me it's water. Until you appreciate how good that tastes then you really haven't started living.

• Like 1

balding guy with a pot belly drinking a cocktail decorated with lime and mint just look abit off but with the combination of the weather and the price of fresh sugar canes, limes and mints, i had to say mojito had to be my personal favourite.

Give this man a cigar, in this heat and humidity its one of my favourites also, trouble is they slide down too easily.

Brandy sours are another favourite.

I'm a social drinker only which means when annoying drunks keep pestering me to 'have a drink' I'll accept a beer in a glass full of ice placed in front of me. It sits there getting warm. It makes a puddle. Some idiot will shortly add more ice. The puddle spreads. The experiment continues.

I see drinking as a weak man's problem. The inability to say no, the need to be 'lubed' in order to relax and find a voice. I've also never been entertained or impressed by bar room fully paid up members holding court on every subject and giving thier addled views on everything from art to argon; zachariah to zoology. They make as much sense as binomial theorum.

I chose life; the fully awake version without morning, afternoon, evening hangovers, domestic abuse and violence, full employment, good health and an appetite not only for 3 squares a day but .......... where I started: life.

So for me it's water. Until you appreciate how good that tastes then you really haven't started living.

is it ok if i have a carbonated water?

• photo-thumb-100087.jpg?_r=0
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,590 posts

"Posted 2011-08-12 21:58:30

When I get fed up drinking Leo I go for the Sang Som but I find it nesheshary to disguise the taste a bit . Do you have any Hooch em ups ?

I like to tart up my Song Sam .

I glug a big measure into a shaker filled with ice .

I squeeze the juice from a couple of limes into the shaker .

I then glug some of that honey you get in whisky bottles into the shaker .

Then I shake it for a while .

I add some soda water to the shaker .

I then pour this into a long glass (pint) over fresh ice with a bit of mint from the garden . To be enjoyed with toasted tomatoe "

• Like 1

my lord, what an unbearable creature you are.

• Like 1

A bloody Caesar

it is available in singapore!!!!! where, i have someone i know in from singapore almost weekly. I was having friends carrying it in from canada

Jasons in the bottom of Orcard Towers sometimes has it in stock. The upmarket Cold Storage outlets carry it as well. None of these stores seems to be able to keep it on the shelf consistantly so i order online from cold storage and buy in bulk.