My Gecko Is Cold.

Shot

This morning I opened my refrigerator, and a gecko that was sitting on top of the door fell into the fridge. He landed on the eggs, ran past some shrimp and a Diet Coke, and then headed for the back where he went into a series of small holes. He is still there. I pulled everything out, but did not find him. If I'm lucky, he'll fall into some fish curry and be eatin by the wife. But, if not, is this gecko going to stink up my new fridge? Any ideas on how to lure him out?

Edited by Shot

We got one in our fridge once. We eventually retrieved him and thought he'd passed over to the great gecko heaven. He hadn't. 30 minutes later he twitched a bit, shook himself off, and made a dash for the roof where, as far as I know, he still lives. It would be nice to think that he passed on the wisdom of not getting caught in a 'fridge to his chums.

Gecko's can be weird......

• Like 1

We got one in our fridge once. We eventually retrieved him and thought he'd passed over to the great gecko heaven. He hadn't. 30 minutes later he twitched a bit, shook himself off, and made a dash for the roof where, as far as I know, he still lives. It would be nice to think that he passed on the wisdom of not getting caught in a 'fridge to his chums.

I recall....I was a bit drunk and told I feed a gecko with bread crumbs. My wife told me they don't eat bread. I throw him some tiny pieces of bread and he ate....several times.....yes they can be weird

• Like 1

I recall....I was a bit drunk and told I feed a gecko with bread crumbs. My wife told me they don't eat bread. I throw him some tiny pieces of bread and he ate....several times.....yes they can be weird

But as you said.........You were drunk when you made these observations biggrin.png
  • Like 1

he went out and down to where the heating /motor thingy is; snakes do the same, they luuuuuuv regrigerators, so do geckos and mice... mice make nests in teh backs of the fridges, geckos lived under and inside close to the motor... daughter has had one in her room for two years (yes same one, working with reptiles u learn to differentiate)... remember, just the box part of the fridge is cold, the motor and outer area behind is actually warm...

try offerring mealy worms in a dish and see, maybe he will come out from hiding...

bina

I had a gecko that was too hot. He was in our toaster. Unfortunately he didn't survive the experience and CPR was not an option. wink.png

years ago a gecko was testing without protection the input voltage of a PC power supply. both gecko and power supply did not survive. then PC owner was p*ssed off because Apple initially refused to send a spare supply but demanded that the PC should be transported from an Island in the Caribbean to the next authorised Apple service in Miami... total travelling hours approximately 9 with two flight changes.

h90, I used to feed the gecko's in my kitchen every evening (abo. the same time) with bread crumbs. They easily got used to the routine and I'd get up to 10 feeding at a time. Lot's of fun but then I got a gf and a life. Ah, how I yearn for the good old days.

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

h90, I used to feed the gecko's in my kitchen every evening (abo. the same time) with bread crumbs. They easily got used to the routine and I'd get up to 10 feeding at a time. Lot's of fun but then I got a gf and a life. Ah, how I yearn for the good old days.

I wish I had a gecko. All I have is jin-joks and they're not very friendly. crying.gif

I wish I had a gecko. All I have is jin-joks and they're not very friendly. crying.gif

Hey JetsetBkk, The common house gecko is the one that grows to about 4 inches with a light beige color, leaves droppings everywhere, make a chirping noise and live everywhere also commonly known here as "jin-joks". They are easy to feed small bread crumbs or tiny bits of meat. Just leave some on a table and watch what happens. When you say you wish you had a gecko I'm gonna guess you mean the much larger Tokay (gecko). A whole different ballgame here. Have had many generations grow up in our house over the past 18 years. Good hunters, curious, somewhat entertaining but have never been able to entice them with a meal. Oh yeah, they are well known powerful biters. The wife and I like having them around as they keep the house relatively clean of a lot of the common critters that slip in and out.

• Like 1

Hey JetsetBkk, The common house gecko is the one that grows to about 4 inches with a light beige color, leaves droppings everywhere, make a chirping noise and live everywhere also commonly known here as "jin-joks". They are easy to feed small bread crumbs or tiny bits of meat. Just leave some on a table and watch what happens. When you say you wish you had a gecko I'm gonna guess you mean the much larger Tokay (gecko). A whole different ballgame here. Have had many generations grow up in our house over the past 18 years. Good hunters, curious, somewhat entertaining but have never been able to entice them with a meal. Oh yeah, they are well known powerful biters. The wife and I like having them around as they keep the house relatively clean of a lot of the common critters that slip in and out.

Yes, Dap, dead right! smile.png

I have lots of these jin-joks, all outside the house:

post-35489-0-59266900-1354453699_thumb.j

but none of these:

post-35489-0-85392200-1354453755_thumb.j

- that last picture was taken up-country.