Check Your Medicine!

AlexLah

Hi all,

I had an accident and as a result some bruised ribs.

The pain was unbearable so I decided to go to get some medicine to ease the pain.

Went to the hospital (Bumrung) and explained what happen and what I wanted to have, some yaa to kill the pain.

OK, him understand and give me two types of pills.

I took them and yes pain from bruised ribs got less but.....

I started to feel like I had a flu, running nose etc.

The second day I took the medicine it really got worse yes pain in my ribs got less but why I catch a flu feeling.

So I checked the medicine he give on internet and it turned out that he give me some medicine that was designed for something totally different and with side effects like I had.

Also on the website it was mentioned that this medicine should not be combined with the type of medicine him give me.

I go to a respected and well known hospital expecting a good advice. and end up putting my life in danger.

Yes I did go back and told him he is chalaat nit noi.

So please check what they prescribe you before you take it.

Alex

So I checked the medicine he give on internet and it turned out that he give me some medicine that was designed for something totally different and with side effects like I had.

Also on the website it was mentioned that this medicine should not be combined with the type of medicine him give me.

I go to a respected and well known hospital expecting a good advice. and end up putting my life in danger.

IME Bumrungrad is a hit and miss with doctors...

On two occassions I went to see a doc, got meds, did not get better and then went back a week later to have a different doc look puzzled at my prescription and say... "I don't know why he gave you this..."

Checking credentials online on their website doesn't make things much better because everyone is doing that and the docs with the best credentials are so overloaded with patients they need to get you out the door in 2 minutes because there are 20 more people in the waiting room that need to see him.

I go to Samitivej now and am much happier. The doctors I have seen there take much more time to examine you, explain things in detail and answer questions.