Wireless Modem+Router

spacemunk

Nah not slow at All. After 2 weeks it's suddenly giving me so much errors ip conflicts , slow gui , takes too long for pc to recognize the network.

Tried to troubleshoot today for 12hrs so I gave up and just go buy something with lesser hassle.

Which Firmware(s) were you using?

If you do get a RT - n66u unit and don't have a particular Firmware in mind, I would recommend upgrading to the 3.0.0.4.260.20 Firmware

Nah not slow at All. After 2 weeks it's suddenly giving me so much errors ip conflicts , slow gui , takes too long for pc to recognize the network.

Tried to troubleshoot today for 12hrs so I gave up and just go buy something with lesser hassle.

Sounds more like the Dslam or IP providor rather than a modem/router problem

Sounds more like the Dslam or IP providor rather than a modem/router problem

Not the dslam or isp. When connected to the net without the router I have no problems just using a normal modem

If you do get a RT - n66u unit and don't have a particular Firmware in mind, I would recommend upgrading to the 3.0.0.4.260.20 Firmware

Wanted to use the latest but there was a ton of ppl complaining at the latest update on Asus forums

Wanted to use the latest but there was a ton of ppl complaining at the latest update on Asus forums

How much do you want for it? I'll buy it from you.

Have to agree with above posters, it's a good router.

I pretty much having same problem as you, also bought an Asus modem/router except mine is a rt-u12u. Was working fine for the first week, now I can't even use it. I read on some thai forums that upgrading the firmware may or may not work. I was going to try to upgrade it but I haven't been able to connect to the modem for the past 2 days via LAN or wifi, the only light that is on when it is plugged in is the power.

Edited by arkom

Again, I agree with Muratremix, it's the Merlin 3.0.0.4.260.20 that has the latest driver set that has found to be stable.

How much do you want for it? I'll buy it from you.

You beat me to the punch!! burp.gif

Edited by luwahn

didnt bother with the rt-n66u

went and got the rt-n55u plug and play all that i need

Oh no!! Tell me you didn't!!

I'm sitting here with a brand new DSL-n55u (not 'RT') that I bought after the RT-N66U - see the previous 'Router' threads! I had intended on using it if I couldn't get the RT-N66U connected to my 3bb modem but I eventually did and the DSL-n55u is just sitting here!sad.png

I would have mentioned my '55' earlier, but I thought you were wedded to the better '66' for your gaming ..... Man-oh-man!! bah.gif

I'm sitting here with a brand new DSL-n55u (not 'RT') that I bought after the RT-N66U - see the previous 'Router' threads! I had intended on using it if I couldn't get the RT-N66U connected to my 3bb modem but I eventually did and the DSL-n55u is just sitting here!sad.png

I would have mentioned my '55' earlier, but I thought you were wedded to the better '66' for your gaming ..... Man-oh-man!! bah.gif

Yeah i meant the dsl-n55u.

I just wanted something to plug and play. I asked the shop abt the rt-n66u and they said i needed a seperate modem to connect to it so i didnt bother

I just wanted something to plug and play. I asked the shop about the rt-n66u and they said i needed a separate modem to connect to it so i didn't bother

Yeah, these ancient (and slower) ADSL internet RJ-11 connectors make it hard but if you have internet, you could have just connected the internet provider's 'modem(router)' to the RT-66 and you would be good to go. It's the 'mating'(connecting of) the internet company's modem(router) to a separate wireless router that would cause any initial connecting problems but I finally figured it out.

If the 'DSL-55' is hooked-up and working well, maybe something could be wrong with your 'RT-56'?

Edited by luwahn

I just wanted something to plug and play. I asked the shop about the rt-n66u and they said i needed a separate modem to connect to it so i didn't bother

Yeah, these ancient (and slower) ADSL internet RJ-11 connectors make it hard but if you have internet, you could have just connected the internet provider's 'modem(router)' to the RT-66 and you would be good to go. It's the 'mating'(connecting of) the internet company's modem(router) to a separate wireless router that would cause any initial connecting problems but I finally figured it out.

If the 'DSL-55' is hooked-up and working well, maybe something could be wrong with your 'RT-56'?

the dsl-55 is hooked up and running good.

True

Good!

Don't you have internet and if so, which company? Mine was 3bb

I'm on True

Yeah, I think their modem/routers (the dumb thing with the flashing lights) is made by the 'Billion' brand router company.

If you had that Rt-66 wireless router, you would only have to set your True supplied modem/router's internet on-screen menu to 'Bridge mode', connect a RJ-45 coaxial cable from the True modem/router to any 'Port' on your wireless router and you would have been good to go.

True

Good!

Don't you have internet and if so, which company? Mine was 3bb

I'm on True

Yeah, I think their modem/routers (the dumb thing with the flashing lights) is made by the 'Billion' brand router company.

If you had that Rt-66 wireless router, you would only have to set your True supplied modem/router's internet on-screen menu to 'Bridge mode', connect a RJ-45 coaxial cable from the True modem/router to any 'Port' on your wireless router and you would have been good to go.

I already have a TP-Link modem which was connected to the rt-n56u.

Modem - Bridge mode (DHCP off)

Router - only entered username/pass and no other settings touch besides the wireless.

Which i believe is the correct way to set it up.

Router - only entered username/pass and no other settings touch besides the wireless.

Yeah .... I think you got it!

Well, what was all that about the salesman saying you would have to buy a separate modem (and what model TP-Link modem do you have)?

Well, what was all that about the salesman saying you would have to buy a separate modem (and what model TP-Link modem do you have)?

its a tp-link TD8840T.

I was looking at the rt-n66u earlier today and the salesperson said u needed a modem to connect to it since its a standalone router. I was looking for a modem+router allinone

its a tp-link TD8840T.

I was looking at the rt-n66u earlier today and the salesperson said u needed a modem to connect to it since its a standalone router. I was looking for a modem+router allinone

Besides the RT-N56U, I have also been looking for a TP-Link modem (preferably model TD 8610). Is your TP-Link just a modem?

Since you do have True internet and did have the TP-Link 'modem'(?) connected to the RT-N56U, wasn't the 'internet' and the RT-N56U setup connected to each other as one system?

Besides the RT-N56U, I have also been looking for a TP-Link modem (preferably model TD 8610). Is your TP-Link just a modem?

Since you do have True internet and did have the TP-Link 'modem'(?) connected to the RT-N56U, wasn't the 'internet' and the RT-N56U setup connected to each other as one system?

The tp-link is just a modem which has to be bridged to the n56u

The tp-link is just a modem which has to be bridged to the n56u

Your TP-link modem would be an excellent choice to use with a RT-N66U router if the modem provided by the Internet Provider proved to be problematic in making a good LAN connection when in 'Bridge Mode' with the RT-N66U.

Edited by luwahn

Yeah well I'm just going to reinstall windows tomm and see if the problem is still there. I might just go buy another pci nic if it still persists

Try updating the LAN driver. Make sure it is a driver supplied by the LAN adaptor or motherboard manufacturer. If that doesn't work, I don't think reinstalling windows will help.

• Like 1

Yeah well I'm just going to reinstall windows tomm and see if the problem is still there. I might just go buy another pci nic if it still persists

Try updating the LAN driver. Make sure it is a driver supplied by the LAN adapter or motherboard manufacturer. If that doesn't work, I don't think reinstalling windows will help.

After updating the LAN Driver, I would try to use 'System Restore' (select a date that you know all was good with your RT-N56U and Network). I'm sure you must have already did this but when your RT-N56U and Network was last running good, can you think of any changes or additions that you did or worked on tat could have affected your system?

Edited by luwahn