Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

The inline four engine of the Benelli BN600 is indeed a bit bigger than the average 600cc four-cylinder, Benelli engineers didn't need to minimize the engine that much as the engine is part of the frame. While the construction set-up is not that extreme as with the Ducati Panigalel models, where the engine is actually somewhat replaced the frame. The engine of the Ducati Panigale models is also a bit bigger than the previous mode...

With the traditional set-up the engine “hangs” in the frame and is not designed to handle any stress, with the Benelli BN600 and a few other most European motorcycles we can see that the engine size increased a bit and the engine takes a more active role in the overall construction of the chassis.

Interesting, would that be to save money or increase performance do you think Richard?

And does that mean they 'increased' the size of the Yamaha-based engine - or was it big too?

We all read on one website that the engine is a “old” Yamaha engine, but please be a bit specific, and show/give us specs and tell us which parts are identical between the 600cc inline-four Benelli engine and any Yamaha engine.

I hope you can find a bit more than a few M6 bolts and nuts...

^

If you are making unclear negative statements its your turn to explain what you mean. Thats all.

So you don't really know what the guy meant. OK, thanks, thats all i wanted to know. Thanks for clearing this up.

so?

i have already stated that i pass the comments of the Thai guy!!!???

Just read a bit man!

The inline four engine of the Benelli BN600 is indeed a bit bigger than the average 600cc four-cylinder, Benelli engineers didn't need to minimize the engine that much as the engine is part of the frame. While the construction set-up is not that extreme as with the Ducati Panigalel models, where the engine is actually somewhat replaced the frame. The engine of the Ducati Panigale models is also a bit bigger than the previous mode...

With the traditional set-up the engine “hangs” in the frame and is not designed to handle any stress, with the Benelli BN600 and a few other most European motorcycles we can see that the engine size increased a bit and the engine takes a more active role in the overall construction of the chassis.

Interesting, would that be to save money or increase performance do you think Richard?

And does that mean they 'increased' the size of the Yamaha-based engine - or was it big too?

We all read on one website that the engine is a “old” Yamaha engine, but please be a bit specific, and show/give us specs and tell us which parts are identical between the 600cc inline-four Benelli engine and any Yamaha engine.

I actually thought it was you who mentioned it initially Richard, forgive my being incorrect!

I'm not on any crusade to support these bikes, so I won't be hunting down who made the engine Benelli copied theirs from.

Was more interested in how the engine had been modified, for their purposes, and why.....that's all.

"IF" it were Yamaha, then that would actually add credibility to my mind, but if they copied, say, an old Lifan engine.....well.....not so much.

I actually thought it was you who mentioned it initially Richard, forgive my being incorrect!

I'm not on any crusade to support these bikes, so I won't be hunting down who made the engine Benelli copied theirs from.

Was more interested in how the engine had been modified, for their purposes, and why.....that's all.

"IF" it were Yamaha, then that would actually add credibility to my mind, but if they copied, say, an old Lifan engine.....well.....not so much.

Actually Lifan has the right to use all patents and designs from Yamaha, it has something to do with a Malaysian company they bought, which had access to Yamaha technology because the origin of the success of Yamaha motorcycle business (according to Japanese court ruling) was based on technology (East German) what was illegally obtained and knowingly broke copyright regulation on technology now owned by Lifan Group.

This was also the reason that Lifan was selected for selling the Asian production facilities for the Yamaha Virago motorcycle lineup... In the contract with Lifan, Yamaha agreed that it will abandon the Virago banding and will market its products under the V-Star brand (correction the V-Star brand was never mentioned in the contract...)

To keep back to the topic of this thread, the people involved in designing the Benelli engine, now publicly known... I personally not think that the people involved would like to be associated if the engine was just a Yamaha copy... We talk here about people who worked on Ducati, BMW (Rotax engines, BMW, Aprilia,Cam-Am,Buell, etc.etc) engines....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Besides, teh service costs of 500 series hondas for 100,000 km is around 22,401 thb so if you make 20,000 km per year it is 4400 thb per year for 5 years. Please find/show me a better service deal than this amount in Thailand for a big bike!

That seems an insane amount of money for servicing a simple twin, even for a Western country, for Thailand it would be simply out of the world. What are they replacing, cam chain ? Even if so, it is exaggerated. Simple twins maintenance cost should be virtually zero, just replace parts as needed, then when engine gets noisy, sell and move on.

Edited by paz

Actually Lifan has the right to use all patents and designs from Yamaha, it has something to do with a Malaysian company they bought, which had access to Yamaha technology because the origin of the success of Yamaha motorcycle business (according to Japanese court ruling) was based on technology (East German) what was illegally obtained and knowingly broke copyright regulation on technology now owned by Lifan Group.

This was also the reason that Lifan was selected for selling the Asian production facilities for the Yamaha Virago motorcycle lineup... In the contract with Lifan, Yamaha agreed that it will abandon the Virago banding and will market its products under the V-Star brand (correction the V-Star brand was never mentioned in the contract...)

To keep back to the topic of this thread, the people involved in designing the Benelli engine, now publicly known... I personally not think that the people involved would like to be associated if the engine was just a Yamaha copy... We talk here about people who worked on Ducati, BMW (Rotax engines, BMW, Aprilia,Cam-Am,Buell, etc.etc) engines....

Sorry I have to correct myself again, Lifan did not bought the Malaysian company. They, as most modern companies do now-a-day, just buy the patent portfolio ~ with this they gained the equal rights as the previous patent owners...

Besides, teh service costs of 500 series hondas for 100,000 km is around 22,401 thb so if you make 20,000 km per year it is 4400 thb per year for 5 years. Please find/show me a better service deal than this amount in Thailand for a big bike!

That seems an insane amount of money for servicing a simple twin, even for a Western country, for Thailand it would be simply out of the world. What are they replacing, cam chain ? Even if so, it is exaggerated. Simple twins maintenance cost should be virtually zero, just replace parts as needed, then when engine gets noisy, sell and move on.[/quote

And which technology are you talking about?

Zero maintenance twin? Where?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm talking about good jap bikes that did not needed pretty much anything, since 30 yrs ago already. Or you can state what justifies 20,000 Bt.

I'm talking about good jap bikes that did not needed pretty much anything, since 30 yrs ago already. Or you can state what justifies 20,000 Bt.

Yes u can justify 10 percent value of the bike as maintenance over 5 years!

If you dont want to accept, you can buy one of these 30 years old japanese bikes you are talking about which sure they need maintenance.

If you dont want to accept, you can buy one of these 30 years old japanese bikes you are talking about which sure they need maintenance.

Of 30 yrs ago, and more even of today.

In your words it's like a "guranteeed rental" condo purchase, 10% of this or that, believe it or not ?

No chances of a job and parts list with work timsheet, to justify $600 spent on what at 100.000 Km is a well worn bike already, but that you know already 5 ot 10 yeras in advance, that will be needed ?

Sorry, the words "scam" and "gullible" come to my mind.

Edited by paz

Of 30 yrs ago, and more even of today.

In your words it's like a "guranteeed rental" condo purchase, 10% of this or that, believe it or not ?

No chances of a job and parts list with work timsheet, to justify $600 spent on what at 100.000 Km is a well worn bike already, but that you know already 5 ot 10 yeras in advance, that will be needed ?

Sorry, the words "scam" and "gullible" come to my mind.

Paz, is there any vehicle which does not require maintenance in this world?

You spend 20 k over 100.000 km and it is pretty good imo.

Any better deals? Just enlighten us if there are.

Paz, is there any vehicle which does not require maintenance in this world?

You spend 20 k over 100.000 km and it is pretty good imo.

Any better deals? Just enlighten us if there are.

Alright, got it! Sealed package deal, you can know the price but never know what's in there, then up to you !

I guess it may work for some.

That seems an insane amount of money for servicing a simple twin, even for a Western country, for Thailand it would be simply out of the world. What are they replacing, cam chain ? Even if so, it is exaggerated. Simple twins maintenance cost should be virtually zero, just replace parts as needed, then when engine gets noisy, sell and move on.

I think you haven't been to a dealership in a western country for a while.

It will cost you a little more, the price of labour alone.

Also keep in mind that all the parts for the 500 are made locally, so they are cheaper too then let's say in the UK.

You should check some foreign forums about the 500 and read what people say about the cost of servicing.

We are pretty lucky here in Thailand that it is this cheap.

I think you haven't been to a dealership in a western country for a while.

It will cost you a little more, the price of labour alone.

Also keep in mind that all the parts for the 500 are made locally, so they are cheaper too then let's say in the UK.

You should check some foreign forums about the 500 and read what people say about the cost of servicing.

We are pretty lucky here in Thailand that it is this cheap.

You are repeating again what has been said already.

I know very well the west labour prices and $600 is not a small amount anyway.

All I'm asking is a list of work performed or parts replaced for that or any other amount. This is my demand in Thailand or elsewhere. It is normally provided by any maker.

Re: The CBR500 service price, 10% of the price in service fees for the first 100,000km seems excessive for a little parrallel-twin with Chinese made parts and cheap Thai labor.

Better get a Honda Wave then laugh.png

Or a Benelli or Kawa, or other manufactures who don't aim to rip off their customers. :D

Re: The CBR500 service price, 10% of the price in service fees for the first 100,000km seems excessive for a little parrallel-twin with Chinese made parts and cheap Thai labor.

Better get a Honda Wave then laugh.png

Or a Benelli or Kawa, or other manufactures who don't aim to rip off their customers. biggrin.png

and how much you pay for kawa service for 100 k km?

they rip you more if that is the case!

A lot of thing in Thailand are from China. I went to an industry trade show at BITEC a few weeks back and the things actually "Made in Thailand' would fit in the janitor's closet! My wife is in the clothing business and 70% of what she sells is Made In China. Crazy, huh! sad.png

A lot of thing in Thailand are from China. I went to an industry trade show at BITEC a few weeks back and the things actually "Made in Thailand' would fit in the janitor's closet! My wife is in the clothing business and 70% of what she sells is Made In China. Crazy, huh! sad.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/606963-quality-of-bikes-made-in-china/?p=7163812

Years ago my wife bought some lace stuff cos it was special to the region, we were in the mountain region of Cyprus. One guess where it was really made ?.....( I saw the boxes in the store room ).............laugh.png

http://www.motociclismo.it/intervista-a-stefano-michelotti-e-giovanni-monini-di-benelli-moto-56883

Sales and engine design directors interviews.

Talking about the 300cc, new bikes, responding to criticism from public, etc.

I'm starting to think it's an Italian bike after all, so blame the Italians not the Chinese!

Edited by paz