Benelli Tnt 600 Inline-Four

Richard-BKK

You know I kind of wish I had not read that review smile.png

Until now I was interested in watching how this bike played out just

out of curiosity. Never once considered buying it & just thought it was interesting what they

built. But here is a review & it is not from some 2nd rate blog but Cycle News who I subscribed to in newspaper

form for many years in the USA.

The last page or two really peaked my interest.

They describe it as "sharp steering motorcycle that relishes being hustled thru the turns"

Also slightly peaky engine that comes alive at 9k rpm. Both things I like in a bike.

Shifting described as absolutely flawless & on par with anything Japan made?

But then they go on to say it has top notch suspension & were almost afraid the big Brembos would be too much.

Yet they say the brakes were great too?

I am going to have a look at this in person.

Edited by meechai
  • Like 2

out of curiosity. Never once considered buying it & just thought it was interesting what they

built. But here is a review & it is not from some 2nd rate blog but Cycle News who I subscribed to in newspaper

They describe it as "sharp steering motorcycle that relishes being hustled thru the turns"

Also slightly peaky engine that comes alive at 9k rpm. Both things I like in a bike.

But then they go on to say it has top notch suspension & were almost afraid the big Brembos would be too much.

they also said that the quality of the finishing is very high, fully on par with anything made in europe or japan except for little things like the old fashioned switch gear . I wonder whose opinions carry more weight, the people from cycle news or a bunch of chinese bike hating expats in Thailand.

You know I kind of wish I had not read that review Posted Image

they also said that the quality of the finishing is very high, fully on par with anything made in europe or japan except for little things like the old fashioned switch gear . I wonder whose opinions carry more weight, the people from cycle news or a bunch of chinese bike hating expats in Thailand.

So you go buy one bc cycle news said so?

Or continue to ride your japanese bike:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So you go buy one bc cycle news said so?

Or continue to ride your japanese bike:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am not interested in a 4inline bike but when they release their 250cc watercooled dirtbike in thailand I sure will have a very close look

post-63974-0-72963000-1385383269_thumb.j

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

Also, if one doesn't want to lool like a fake Italian poser they can stick the Keeway stickers back on. biggrin.png

xKeewayRK6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.aNrhAbCDze.j

There is nothing fake about Benelli. Keeway bought the whole Benelli factory. Is an mv agusta fake because Cagiva bought the name, then sold it to Proton Malaysia ( lol) and they sold it again. So how much is still original mv agusta...... You guessed it right, the name....

Edited by pokerkid

Just out of interest I saw a second hand Benelli for sale in a shop in Pattaya a few weeks ago. Not sure what it was, streetfighter style around 1000cc by the looks of it, looked pretty nice.

its a TNT 1130 i helped sort its electrics when it was imported from japan .new loom was required after some Thais had cut into the original to try and fit an alarm without a manual

took almost 8 months to get spares out of benelli ,, nice ride awesome engine but ?????!!!!!!!

"took almost 8 months to get spares out of benelli ,, nice ride awesome engine but ?????!!!!!!!"

That is PATHETIC! In the 21 century any company that takes that long to supply parts is going to have a hard time off it.

"took almost 8 months to get spares out of benelli ,, nice ride awesome engine but ?????!!!!!!!"

That is PATHETIC! In the 21 century any company that takes that long to supply parts is going to have a hard time off it.

Of course that is something anyone worries about when owning a "foreign" bike

Also this brand may not have much of a network yet in Thailand.

But, on the other hand I remember reading a little while back about some guy with a New Honda

CBR500 waiting for months for some very simple parts at the ChiangMai Bigwing dealer.

Now there is a locally made bike & the owner was not happy with that wait either.

But, on the other hand I remember reading a little while back about some guy with a New Honda

CBR500 waiting for months for some very simple parts at the ChiangMai Bigwing dealer.

Now there is a locally made bike & the owner was not happy with that wait either.

but it was special for that owner at Big Wing CM meechai.

At Honda Big Wing Bangkok, they install parts right away.

8 months is a long time, better sell your bike than waiting for 8 months without riding it.

The Benelli TNT1130 is not officially sold in Thailand, therefore Benelli Thailand doesn't have parts for it on stock in Thailand.

I bet that Honda “Big Wing” Thailand also doesn't have a wire loom for a CB1100 or any other motorcycles they not officially distribute. Actually I believe that you cannot get parts or service from Honda Big Wing if they did not sold the motorcycle....

Waiting 8 months for a wire loom for the TNT1130 is ridiculous, I can have one in about 7 days and it will cost about 9500 THB. It has everything to do with part numbers and knowledge what and where to order. Probably the owner of the TNT1130 in Thailand ordered the wire loom from eBay and that has very to nothing to do with Benelli as a company or it service.

• Like 1

There was an issue with the Honda CBR250's oil filter too. It took about 6 months after release for them to get them. Owners had to go to Kawasaki to get the ninja's oil filter or risk damaging their engine. :cheesy:

Honda in Thailand. crazy.gif

"Probably the owner of the TNT1130 in Thailand ordered the wire loom from eBay and that has very to nothing to do with Benelli as a company or it service."

Cum on Richard, if an ebay seller made you wait 8 weeks there would be bloody blue murder to pay. Eight months is ridiculous. No excuse.

Like I said, would be nice to hear the full story. An owner who imports motorbike from Japan and has some inexperienced sparkies ruin his electrics will probably try to save as much as possible when ordering parts. If you read Richards post carefully you would know that he can get one in 7 days for 9500 baht.

Now I know that some people are going to say something like I should go and order a wireling loom from him to see if he is not lying lollaugh.png

• Like 1

The Benelli TNT1130 is not officially sold in Thailand, therefore Benelli Thailand doesn't have parts for it on stock in Thailand.

I bet that Honda “Big Wing” Thailand also doesn't have a wire loom for a CB1100 or any other motorcycles they not officially distribute. Actually I believe that you cannot get parts or service from Honda Big Wing if they did not sold the motorcycle....

Waiting 8 months for a wire loom for the TNT1130 is ridiculous, I can have one in about 7 days and it will cost about 9500 THB. It has everything to do with part numbers and knowledge what and where to order. Probably the owner of the TNT1130 in Thailand ordered the wire loom from eBay and that has very to nothing to do with Benelli as a company or it service.

i think honda big wing service other honda big bikes they did not sell.

But, sure for their parts, you have to wait fr some time but probably not 8 months.

but it was special for that owner at Big Wing CM meechai.

At Honda Big Wing Bangkok, they install parts right away.

8 months is a long time, better sell your bike than waiting for 8 months without riding it.

Yeah, take the bus/plane/train/ from Chiang Mai to Bangkok to get that part you're waiting for. Great service Honda....

Oh no, it was only for one specific owner at that specific big wing

. And how about problems honda had in not being able to get a simple oilfilter .... yes ll2, it took them 6 months.

Edited by pokerkid

"Probably the owner of the TNT1130 in Thailand ordered the wire loom from eBay and that has very to nothing to do with Benelli as a company or it service."

Cum on Richard, if an ebay seller made you wait 8 weeks there would be bloody blue murder to pay. Eight months is ridiculous. No excuse.

Benelli Malaysia (where they official sell the TNT1130) has all the parts for TNT1130 on stock, therefore I can guarantee that you can have any part in about 7 days.

Benelli Malaysia

#1 Jalan Kenanga 1, Seksyen BB11,

Bandar Bukit Beruntung, 48300

Selangor, Malaysia

Telephone +603-60283811

Parts Center telephone +6 03 4042 3411

Fax +603-60283881

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 2

There was an issue with the Honda CBR250's oil filter too. It took about 6 months after release for them to get them. Owners had to go to Kawasaki to get the ninja's oil filter or risk damaging their engine. cheesy.gif

Honda in Thailand. crazy.gif

omg, the thai visa commuting brigade will crucify you for this. Just don't say anything negative about kawasaki as well.wink.png

Edited by pokerkid

^ Why would I, they seem to have decent bikes and decent service. smile.png

Perhaps the decent service comes from not having small dealers on every corner so they aren't used to hiring anyone who says they can inflate a tire and will work for 8k a month. The stories from some of the Big Wings and the 500 series leave a lot to be desired.

Edited by Sunny Day
  • Like 1

^ Why would I, they seem to have decent bikes and decent service. smile.png

Perhaps the decent service comes from not having small dealers on every corner so they aren't used to hiring anyone who says they can inflate a tire and will work for 8k a month. The stories from some of the Big Wings and the 500 series leave a lot to be desired.

but but but.... its so much easier to pick on a chinese bike manufacturer to get the quick cheap laughs....

The CBR650 will be interesting to see, but at the current time if choosing a mid-level bike in the 2-300k baht range than the Benelli would come ahead of the Honda 500 series for any genuine biker.

the honda 500's are not in the same price/performance class, better compare with the kawa 650's

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

16 pages and no one has purchased one and given a review? Surprising.

I have never ridden an in-line 4 cylinder so I don't know what I can expect to be different over my ER6N.

I'm not trying to reignite the debate, it's an honest question, but besides the "exotic" heritage, why would someone buy a Chinese Benelli over an ER6N?

The ER6N is a nice bike, especially for the majority of riding I do. Reasonably fast, good brakes, handles well...and just feels solid. Super reliable.

The Benelli looks close in terms of specs and even looks...but I just don't think I could pull the trigger and buy one. Not sure if it's the Chinese thing...or the Kawasaki factor.

Just not sure about it...but I'd really like to read someone's review of who owns one....especially if they rode an ER6N.

Wrong, a forum member here has purchased one ( and I heard he is very happy with it) but he is not allowed to post for the moment...This has been mentioned here a couple of times already now.

I'm glad you have "heard" some random guy who says he owns one but can't post is "very happy" with it...

I'll wait till someone legitimate posts their experience.

maybe this is legitimate enough for you....http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/155043/88

• Like 1